T Nation

After Snapping Radius and Ulna

So 5 years after I snapped my radius and ulna clean in two, after a surgery which involved my bones being plated together with stainless steel and a total of 12 pins on each plate 6 months in a half cast up to my shoulder.

I have somehow managed to regain 100% ROM on my arm.

Don't ask me how, I don't really know. Probably due to doing weights for the past 2 years has given me a lot more ROM. That's what I'm going with.

Basically I can finally do (for the first time in my life) barbell curls.

I'm just glad I never let it become a reason to not do weight lifting like my doctors and so on said I shouldn't.

Anyway if anyone has had an injury like this or if in the future you do and you remember this thread and you still have the plates in like me , don't let what other people tell you stop you.

It works out in the end.

Roll on the never ending benefits of weight lifting!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I actually stopped going to physio.
Their advice was to constantly do x,y and z stretches as well as massaging the arm daily.

I never did any of those things for more than a few weeks and all it caused was pain.

On the other hand ignoring what they said and doing weight training gave me far better ROM after just a few months and now it's back to 'normal' with no pain unless it's cold.

The cold snap we've had recently hasn't been great.

I'm in Devon so I guess I've got similar weather to you at the moment.