After My First Year of TRT...

Gary,
All b/w forms have blanks that hand written numbers can be put into. I’ll get the code you need from my doctor’s office next week.
Even LabCorp…

[quote]GaryCDeWitt wrote:
Which lab do you use for the E2 assay? My doc uses labcorp by default. It looks like labcorp only has estrogen test.[/quote]

Labcorp has it. Your Dr just didn’t know any better and ordered the wrong one. Remember, you’ll meet many people on these forums like myself who likely know more about HRT than your DR does.

Here is the diagnostic code. Print this out and give this to your Dr.

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLXyM3AyNjMycDU2dXQwN3M6B8JG55AwMCusNB9uHXD5I3wAEcDfT9PPJzU_Uj9aPM40NdTYINPS2NDfxd3Q0MjMw9fTwtLfwNDYwN9UP0C3IjDLJMIhUB94XRqA!!/dl2/d1/L0lDU0lKSmdvS1VRIS9JSFNBQ0lpTXlDb3FiRURBSUEhIS9ZQTQ1NDUwLTVGMHN0eWp3LzdfVUU0UzFJOTMwT0VHMDAyN0lMSTk4TzEwMzEvS3NmX18yMDAvc3BmX0FjdGlvbk5hbWUvc3BmX0FjdGlvbkxpc3RlbmVy/?testId=408440&spf_strutsAction=!2fshowDetail.do

[quote]KNB wrote:
Gary,
All b/w forms have blanks that hand written numbers can be put into. I’ll get the code you need from my doctor’s office next week.
Even LabCorp…[/quote]

It is illegal to write in your own Bloodwork, only a Dr. can.

You would get thrown out of HRT care if you did so.

If your Dr refuses to use the test I posted above, you can order it online from LEF

[quote]Wise Guy wrote:
GaryCDeWitt wrote:
Which lab do you use for the E2 assay? My doc uses labcorp by default. It looks like labcorp only has estrogen test.

Labcorp has it. Your Dr just didn’t know any better and ordered the wrong one. Remember, you’ll meet many people on these forums like myself who likely know more about HRT than your DR does.

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLXyM3AyNjMycDU2dXQwN3M6B8JG55AwMCusNB9uHXD5I3wAEcDfT9PPJzU_Uj9aPM40NdTYINPS2NDfxd3Q0MjMw9fTwtLfwNDYwN9UP0C3IjDLJMIhUB94XRqA!!/dl2/d1/L0lDU0lKSmdvS1VRIS9JSFNBQ0lpTXlDb3FiRURBSUEhIS9ZQTQ1NDUwLTVGMHN0eWp3LzdfVUU0UzFJOTMwT0VHMDAyN0lMSTk4TzEwMzEvS3NmX18yMDAvc3BmX0FjdGlvbk5hbWUvc3BmX0FjdGlvbkxpc3RlbmVy/?testId=408440&spf_strutsAction=!2fshowDetail.do[/quote]

Even though this is the Extra Sensitive E2 test, it is not the one with a range of 0 <29 for Males, and although a better test than the last one he had, it is still not the Male specific one I referred to earlier.

And, Never, Never, write in your own test requests. I wasn’t implying you or anybody else should ever do that…

[quote]KNB wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
GaryCDeWitt wrote:
Which lab do you use for the E2 assay? My doc uses labcorp by default. It looks like labcorp only has estrogen test.

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hACzO_QCM_IwMLXyM3AyNjMycDU2dXQwN3M6B8JG55AwMCusNB9uHXD5I3wAEcDfT9PPJzU_Uj9aPM40NdTYINPS2NDfxd3Q0MjMw9fTwtLfwNDYwN9UP0C3IjDLJMIhUB94XRqA!!/dl2/d1/L0lDU0lKSmdvS1VRIS9JSFNBQ0lpTXlDb3FiRURBSUEhIS9ZQTQ1NDUwLTVGMHN0eWp3LzdfVUU0UzFJOTMwT0VHMDAyN0lMSTk4TzEwMzEvS3NmX18yMDAvc3BmX0FjdGlvbk5hbWUvc3BmX0FjdGlvbkxpc3RlbmVy/?testId=408440&spf_strutsAction=!2fshowDetail.do

Even though this is the Extra Sensitive E2 test, it is not the one with a range of 0 <29 for Males, and although a better test than the last one he had, it is still not the Male specific one I referred to earlier. [/quote]

That one is Labcorps version of the Quest test you are referring to. Each lab will have different ranges for things, just like Labcorp has different ranges for Testosterone, it will have different ranges for sensitive estrogen asseys.

It should be more than sufficient for him.

Hey Wise Guy, why are you always on the defensive? In your own words you said there are few people that know as much as you about TRT… So how many years, have you on TRT?

Anyway, here is the test I was specifically referring to:

Estradiol LC/NS/MS < or =29.

No, I don’t have the number for this test yet, but I will.

EDIT: this is a Quest specific test

[quote]KNB wrote:
Hey Wise Guy, why are you always on the defensive? In your own words you said there are few people that know as much as you about TRT… So how many years, have you on TRT?

Anyway, here is the test I was specifically referring to:

Estradiol LC/NS/MS < or =29.

No, I don’t have the number for this test yet, but I will.

EDIT: this is a Quest specific test[/quote]

LOL sorry, I’m dealing with an illness right now and Im grumpy :slight_smile:

The Quest Diagnostics Ultrasensitive Estradiol Test Code is 30289X

February Labs came in…

Looks about the same:

T 508 (241-827)
E 50 (12-72)
SHBG 17 (13-71)

Holy cow Gary! Your E level is way too high to feel manly on a daily basis. It appears it’s time to take things into your own hands as many here do. Get liquid adex and get your life back, will you?

EDIT: Gary, I just re-read this thread and see you’re taking grape seed extract. I would continue on it for all the anti-oxidant benefits it provides, including a small help in keeping E2 under control.

I agree, some adex may be a huge improvement in QOL.

The lab range looks odd for estradiol. Should that be 12-42?

Was total E. He didn’t run the specific test. I will ask next time.

Don’t feel bad at all and my wife can’t handle me anymore… :slight_smile:

[quote]KSman wrote:
I agree, some adex may be a huge improvement in QOL.

The lab range looks odd for estradiol. Should that be 12-42?[/quote]

It looks weird because it is the wrong test.

It is an estradiol test designed for women.

The test designed for men, which I posted above, would probably have his estrogen much lower.

Hence him feeling pretty good.