T Nation

After Mass Made Simple

I am two workouts away from completing Dan John's program. I understand I have week 7 to reflect where to go next. Anyone or Dan John yourself where do you recommend going from here? Rinse and Repeat or lean towards something with more conditioning.

What are your goals?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
What are your goals?[/quote]
x2.

Also, what progress did you see (in bodyweight and strength on the basic lifts) in the last 6 weeks?

Starting weight at 158 current 170.
Bench went from 1 rep at 185 to 2 reps at 225, Most squats at 185 25 reps. His complex he suggest using I started at 65lbs now at 95.

I want to become more athletic but as small as these numbers may be I do not want to stop growing and moving weight.

[quote]theflash43 wrote:
Bench went from 1 rep at 185 to 2 reps at 225, Most squats at 185 25 reps. His complex he suggest using I started at 65lbs now at 95.

I want to become more athletic but as small as these numbers may be I do not want to stop growing and moving weight.[/quote]

When you say “more athletic”, what would be your metric to evaluate when you have achieved athleticism?

I find that, the more concrete your goals are, the easier they are to obtain.

I did Mass Made Simple in 2012 and immediately followed it up with Westside For Skinny Bastards. I thought the latter worked pretty well for continuing the strength and mass gains of the former.

Thanks Westside sounds like a good direction

[quote]theflash43 wrote:

I want to become more athletic but as small as these numbers may be I do not want to stop growing and moving weight.[/quote]

Thats good progress, I would do one more run/stay on the program for a bit