Afro Samurai

Anybody else watch this? It seems seriously weird.

(Though the part where he slices the bullet in midair and it kills the guys behind him was pure win.)

It looks awsome!

yeah this show is the win.

It was on last night and I recorded it, but haven’t watched yet. I’ve seen the segment online where his father dies and it looks like fun. Good bizarre, full-of-attitude fun.

I primarily like Japanese Anime in it’s purest form, before much of the dialog, meanings, and some scenes are edited/removed.

With that said Afro Samurai is damn good! I caught an episode tonight and it was amazingly well done. A+ and a great future animated hit for Spiketv.

Anyone else just as impressed?

I don’t get Spike here. I was definitely interested when I heard about it, but I guess I’ll have to download it now that I’m back at school.

Oh yeah, I love this show. Any anime with Samuel L. Jackson lending his talent has just GOT to be good. Looking forward to this, especially because it’s a somewhat bizarro world. I also love the soundtrack (even though I generally shy away from hip hop). It works really well with the show.

My “mom” doesn’t like me watching it, but from the little bits I’ve seen it looks like fun.

I’m not really into Anime, but this one is catchy.

Just an update, the first episodes are on dvd now.

Sweet. Thanks for the bump.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
My “mom” doesn’t like me watching it, but from the little bits I’ve seen it looks like fun.

I’m not really into Anime, but this one is catchy.[/quote]

Don’t let your momma catch you watching this, she might spank you!