T Nation

Afraid to Lose Mass

Its obvious that training is not the only issue. You need to fix your diet. Why don’t you put what you actually eat in a 24 hour period up, there are a lot of very experienced people in the nutrition section who can help you. Also as Bonez said pick any traditional program… just stick to it.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
The first pic is from July, this one is from February, I weighed roughly 208 at this point.[/quote]

yes, but how much muscle did you lose in the process of losing all that weight. cause you appear to have lost a great deal of size from your chest. and not just fat. [/quote]

hmmm… looks to me like he lost a lot of fat. his chest looks smaller but thats what happens when you lose 60+ lbs.

doesnt look like he lost “a great deal of size” from his chest that’s “not just fat.”

OP - you shouldn’t be afraid of losing mass, your main priority should be to lose a LOT of fat.

I consider myself to be pretty weak with 1RM’s about the same as yours (slightly higher on the bench and squat though, but pretty similar). I weigh 168. You weigh 298. That’s 130lbs difference in weight and nothing in strength. Admittedly, I’m only 5’9", so add 5lbs for every inch of difference (20lbs) and that gives 188. Still 110lbs less than your current weight.

If you want to look good naked, as you said in your post, losing 75lbs+ of fat will make a bigger difference than adding 20lbs of muscle at your composition. However, keep lifting and once you’re lighter, add another 20-30lbs over the course of a year or more.

I can understand not wanting to lose mass. After all, you worked hard for that weight. So if you really don’t want to lose weight, I suppose your other option would be to gain 690 lbs of lean mass. That should result in you being about 10% fat and a behemoth of a man.