T Nation

Afraid Another Menu List

I'd app. some comments on my menu, I've been trying to bulk and it has'nt been working. Below is what I've been having, the *** are items I'm going to add this week. I admit my diet goes to hell Sat and Sun, this could be the main problem (Mon-Fri being at work helps me stay in routine and not forget to eat or cheat).
Am I going to be overkill on the fruit? Any suggestions/comments?

Weetabix 2
Skim milk 1/4 cup

Protein 1 scoop
Skim Milk 1 cup

Protein 1
Skim Milk 1 cup
Yougurt 1 cup
Banana 1

Orange Juice 12 oz

***Whole Bread 2 slices
***2 eggs or corned beef or Chicken( 4oz)

Protein 1
Skim Milk 1 cup
Yogurt 1 cup
Strawberries 1 Cup
Flax Seed 3 Tea Spoons

prev days dinner

***Apple or pear

***Small Orange
(was kashi oatmeal cookies)

about 6oz meat/6oz carbs(usually potatos), some veg

Protein 1 Scoop
Skim Milk 1 Cup
Flax seed 1 Tea Spoon

I'll try to be as nice as I can: By noon, I've already eaten your entire day's menu.

Where is the food? You're doing well on the "many meals per day" concept, and you're certainly getting enough protein, but I just don't see any FOOD on the menu. Where are the large servings of chicken, beef, eggs, fish, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, spinach, and olive oil? Food is the ultimate supplement.

Some example meals to get you started:

Breakfast: 2 cups oatmeal, 2 servings fresh/frozen fruit, 2 scoops protein powder, half a gallon skim milk

Workout: Double Surge, one serving before/during, one serving after

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cups sweet potato, green beans, the other half gallon of skim milk

Snack: 3 scoops protein powder, some ground flaxseeds

Dinner: 12oz steak, 6 eggs, a pound of broccoli, 1/4 cup olive oil

Bed: half a carton cottage cheese, two tablespoons peanut butter, some fish oil tablets

Eat big, lift heavy, work hard in the kitchen AND in the gym, and you stand a decent chance of adding some size this winter. Lift, eat, sleep!

Truth. Add a serving of meat, eggs or something to each meal.

And it doesn't have to happen all at once (ie. tomorrow) or anything like that. Gradually increase your meals over the course of a couple of weeks. One thing that helped me get on track was eating 3 main meals a day -- I made these three meals as big as possible... These included brekfast, lunch, and dinner. Then between each of the three meals, I'd have a protein shake, then one before bed as well.

Then after you're used to that, the protein shake in between turns into a protein shake and another snake...then before you know if, your body just gets used to it. I get hungry pretty much every 3 hours. Read some articles here on diet. Search for mass diets or bulking diets. There is also a book, "Scrawny to Brawny" that is supposedly pretty good. Good luck.

Thanks guys for the input

I do have food in there though, break, lunch and dinner, maybe not enough? I usually have for dinner a cup of rice or about 6oz potatoes but I think I should up that. In fact I'm going to double that. Should I cut back on the shakes?