Afghanistan's Bodybuilding Champions

[quote]Professor X wrote:

It was already growing when we went over there (we as in US military). Contrary to what some seem to believe, bodybuilding actually seems to be growing in a lot of places despite the negative image HERE…even though we possibly have the best equipment and means to make the most progress.

I have heard from some soldiers that it is pretty big in Germany also. [/quote]

Ya know thats a good point, in general world wide Bodybuilders are alot popular. Ive seen on youtube bodybuilders on TV im talking like Jay cutler and stuff on foreign tv. But here NONE.

[quote]optheta wrote:

It was already growing when we went over there (we as in US military). Contrary to what some seem to believe, bodybuilding actually seems to be growing in a lot of places despite the negative image HERE…even though we possibly have the best equipment and means to make the most progress.

Ya know thats a good point, in general world wide Bodybuilders are alot popular. Ive seen on youtube bodybuilders on TV im talking like Jay cutler and stuff on foreign tv. But here NONE.

[/quote]
Thats because,like most things,its a fad. Bodybuilding is what were all into but people over there are just discovering it for the very first time. We had our moment back in the 80s. Ya know,when movies and media portrayed men as Testosterone fueled monsters? My theory of why it maybe popular over there is because its an extreme masculine society.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[/quote]
Thats because,like most things,its a fad. Bodybuilding is what were all into but people over there are just discovering it for the very first time. We had our moment back in the 80s. Ya know,when movies and media portrayed men as Testosterone fueled monsters? My theory of why it maybe popular over there is because its an extreme masculine society.[/quote]

5 years is a fad. 10 years is a subculture.

That’s like someone in 1989 saying rap music is just a fad.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[/quote]
Thats because,like most things,its a fad. Bodybuilding is what were all into but people over there are just discovering it for the very first time. We had our moment back in the 80s. Ya know,when movies and media portrayed men as Testosterone fueled monsters? My theory of why it maybe popular over there is because its an extreme masculine society.[/quote]

That’s like someone in 1989 saying rap music is just a fad.[/quote]
Can we really say Rap is what it is back in the 80s? Furthermore,can we really say Bodybuilding today (In America anyway) was where it was 10 years ago?

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]optheta wrote:

[/quote]

That’s like someone in 1989 saying rap music is just a fad.[/quote]
Can we really say Rap is what it is back in the 80s? Furthermore,can we really say Bodybuilding today (In America anyway) was where it was 10 years ago?[/quote]

What?

What activity do you know of that exists in this reality that does not evolve at all?

How does that change what I wrote?