Afghanistan

You gents are missing your chance: Here you are in your boring little jobs, spending nights trying to rub up your little peckers against your honey, getting drunk/high and bad mouthing your country…when you could be over there in a fight to the death! Didn’t you guys ever watch ‘Fight Club’? Imagine the sheer joy of blowing some raghead shitwad’s head off, at the risk of him doing it to you! That’s got to be the most exciting moment of your life!

I am, lamentably, too damn old to do this and I’m telling you gents…get in on the action now! Do you really want to spend your days coasting like now or going balls to the wall? Don’t do like I did…go for it!!

I don’t get it.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I don’t get it.[/quote]

Classic “do as I say, not as I do”.

Kinda like Osama tells his pawns to blow themselves up while he sits on his ass drinking milk and honey. Or like none of the people in the people in the Bush administration or Congress would be caught dead pimping war to their kids.

More generally, it’s just yet another trollish thread courtesy of HH.

Isn’t Afghanistan landlocked?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I don’t get it.[/quote]

Isn’t your family from the Warrior Caste? I thought you’d get it FIRST.

Humans love war. There have been about 4500 wars in recorded history. The ultimate excitement is to fight to the death. Remember the fist fights you had as a kid? I bet you remember every one of them — now add the kill-or-be-killed element.

Live like some cow munching away in the fields, or go out and fight. Easy choice!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Makavali wrote:
I don’t get it.

Classic “do as I say, not as I do”.

Kinda like Osama tells his pawns to blow themselves up while he sits on his ass drinking milk and honey. Or like none of the people in the people in the Bush administration or Congress would be caught dead pimping war to their kids.

More generally, it’s just yet another trollish thread courtesy of HH.[/quote]

Lixy, a quick way to US citizenship is to join the service. They teach you all you need to know for the test. You get to defend the greatest country in the history of the world and, if you live, get to live in THAT country. Sounds like a deal to me!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, but the pic is inspiring.

Iran is not landlocked. But it is too big to occupy.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Why would we want to occupy it? Why do we have any further interests in Afghanistan?

I think I get it? But at any rate HH, the warrior caste included the kings and rulers of the time. Generally they were in the battle too.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Humans love war. There have been about 4500 wars in recorded history. The ultimate excitement is to fight to the death. Remember the fist fights you had as a kid? I bet you remember every one of them — now add the kill-or-be-killed element.[/quote]

I don’t love war. But if I have to fight, I will. That would be my duty.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Why would we want to occupy it? Why do we have any further interests in Afghanistan?[/quote]

Terrorists can’t be allowed to be a government. We’ve already seen the reults of that with Iran.

[quote]Standndeliver wrote:
Terrorists can’t be allowed to be a government. [/quote]

I understand Mandela pissed off a lot of people in Washington.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Or like none of the people in the people in the Bush administration or Congress would be caught dead pimping war to their kids.
[/quote]

http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS/711110003/1011/IOWACAUCUS

[quote]doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:
Or like none of the people in the people in the Bush administration or Congress would be caught dead pimping war to their kids.

http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS/711110003/1011/IOWACAUCUS [/quote]

pwned.

[quote]Standndeliver wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Why would we want to occupy it? Why do we have any further interests in Afghanistan?

Terrorists can’t be allowed to be a government. We’ve already seen the reults of that with Iran.

[/quote]

They aren’t running the government. I understand that we do not want them to get back in charge, but they won’t if we just support the Afghan government w/ money and perhaps dropping a few bombs on the Taliban if they get too strong. Trying to do more is a complete waste.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:

http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS/711110003/1011/IOWACAUCUS

pwned.[/quote]

Lixy is such a tool.

[quote]doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:

http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS/711110003/1011/IOWACAUCUS[/quote]

Thank you for the excellent link! The more I read about Mr. McCain, the more I like him. I know he is politician but I think he has the strength of character to be a better leader. My thinking is that a big clue to a person’s character is in their children, since the kids live all the time with that person. Both Mr. McCain and his son risk their lives for their country. That says a lot.

[quote]doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:

http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071111/NEWS/711110003/1011/IOWACAUCUS[/quote]

That, you’ll agree, is quite exceptional.

[quote]lixy wrote:
doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:

That, you’ll agree, is quite exceptional.[/quote]

Not really. FDR’s son fought in WW2. Gore’s father was a Senator when he was an Army reporter in Vietnam and I am sure there are plenty more.

[quote]lixy wrote:
doogie wrote:
lixy wrote:

That, you’ll agree, is quite exceptional.[/quote]

Many Americans are extremely brave and dedicated. I told you how you could join us.

Or: If you speak one of the terrorists’ languages, you could make big $$$$$ working for the NSA, man! Not nearly as much fun as capping a terrorist, but life is full of choices.