Afghanistan: One Point Overlooked

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
ZEB wrote:
When liberals run out of arguments (which is most of the time) they simply name call.

On this forum they not only name call, they accuse you of being JeffR.

Jeff seriously, are you every Bush supporter on this forum?

Dear conservatives: you suck! Go back to your bible chins, polishing your Dubya photos, and cleaning the gun rack on the back of your pick-up trucks.

You are all really schizo JeffR. Zeb is his Christian personality, RainJack is his roid raging Texan self, BB is the smart obsessive/compulsive side (who did well at school), and when he was hedo he was king of the class put-down. The actual JeffR is his immature repressed remnant 16 year old personality.

I have no arguments today.

Just remember, you all suck.
signed,
SuperLiberal.

[/quote]

If you have nothing to say, other then insults, then why post anything?

[quote]freemark wrote:
hedo wrote:

The topic was Afganistan. Do you have anything to say about Afganistan? Do you have an opinion about something else besides GWB?

I am going to take a wild guess here, you supported Kerry didn’t you…come on admit it. Narcassist, wasn’t he the candidate who got Botox treatments? Greedy…do you think he married Ms. Hienz for a share of the fortune…do you think?

Just a few points you may want to ponder

Actually Panther1015 was talking more about GWB?s strategy for the Middle-East than he was Afghanistan. You should go back and read the original post. Panther1015 seems to think making Iraq a democracy is a good strategy and on that I agree with him. Unfortunately, I do not think GWB does.

The point I am making is that if GWB had really wanted to develop a stable democracy in Iraq he would have done a better job of it. He fights like the French in WWII; he does everything wrong. If he was a general instead of the President he would be a private now. 

There were many experts in the military that had planned what it would take to mount a successful invasion and OCCUPATION of Iraq and our President decided to ignore them because he and his civilian advisors ?knew better?. If you screw up and try to fix it you can be forgiven.

Lincoln made many mistakes his first year as C-I-C, but he learned from them and eventually became victorious. Our current C-I-C refuses to learn from his screw ups and our servicemen are dying because he refuses to learn from them and listen to the military commanders that were right. Germany lost WWII in large part because their C-I-C would not listen to his generals and I see the same thing happening to us.
[/quote]

Silly me I read the title of the post and the content. Should have “read between the lines” better.

I thought he was talking about strategy, terrain and generals?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
ZEB wrote:
When liberals run out of arguments (which is most of the time) they simply name call.

Dear conservatives: you suck! Go back to your bible chins, polishing your Dubya photos, and cleaning the gun rack on the back of your pick-up trucks.

You are all really schizo JeffR. Zeb is his Christian personality, RainJack is his roid raging Texan self, BB is the smart obsessive/compulsive side (who did well at school), and when he was hedo he was king of the class put-down. The actual JeffR is his immature repressed remnant 16 year old personality.

signed,
SuperLiberal.

[/quote]

That was an excellent post!! Nevermind the fact thst you have prejudged most of us completely wrong - your signature was all that was really needed to make this post a good one.

All I see are insults from the left and logic (mixed with insults) from the right.

The original post was clear and accurate. Those on the left recognize the truth, yet cannot admit it, so they resort to insults.

The Democratic leadership is clearly out of ideas and it is apparent that their followers are not capable of independant thought.

I would love to be wrong about this. I have yet to see a true couse of action proposed by the left. I see no choice but to continue with our presidents course.

I see logic followed by insults from both sides pretty consistently.

[quote]hedo wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
ZEB wrote:

signed,
SuperLiberal.

[/quote]

Did you even read the quoted post?
Is a sense of humor the sole domain of the left?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
hedo wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
ZEB wrote:

signed,
SuperLiberal.

Did you even read the quoted post?
Is a sense of humor the sole domain of the left?

[/quote]

Well if it was a joke I guess it was kind of funny.

I always find the left kind of funny, now that you mention it, they make me laugh a lot. I don’t know if it’s intentional though.

I don’t believe all libs/dems think we need more troops in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was merely a staging point for Iraq–to get the people ready for “Shock and Awe”. If you want to end terrorim you have to put an end to what breeds terrorism–Good luck doing that with bombs.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Zeb,

Insert stupid background music:

I’m every Conservative, it’s all in me…

Ok, it’s official, I hate myself.

I’m:

JeffR/Zeb/Panther/Rain/BB/GeorgeBushRules/ Cream/Vegita/Nephorm/Wufguy

That’s all the Split Personalities I can hold today.

JeffR[/quote]

I think that this tactic of argument should be used in the next presidential election. On stage, when there are clearly only the two major candidates, Giuliani should turn to Dennis Kucinich and say: “Well ralph nader / little chucky schumer / mary magdalene / algore / tip o’neill / O.J. / cindy lauper / barney frank / nancy pelosi / william jennings bryan / tertullian / karl marx / ivar the boneless / eichmann / marshall ney / epaminondas / brutus / harry reid / professor cheesecake / susan sarandon / jerry nadler / grimace / sulla / phil collins, I can’t hold own in a real argument therefore I will assert that you are all of the above people with really good masks. I win!”

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I don’t believe all libs/dems think we need more troops in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was merely a staging point for Iraq–to get the people ready for “Shock and Awe”. If you want to end terrorim you have to put an end to what breeds terrorism–Good luck doing that with bombs.[/quote]

Let’s get to know whem more dearly, follow them more nearly…give me a break.

I don’t believe all libs/dems think we need more troops in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was merely a staging point for Iraq–to get the people ready for “Shock and Awe”. If you want to end terrorim you have to put an end to what breeds terrorism–Good luck doing that with bombs.[/quote]

How would you “put an end” to the root causes of terrorism? Issue meaningless edicts? Continue to support dictators for oil so that the people live in a shithole? Give foreign aid to Iraq so that saddam can continue to build palaces and buy guns?

I’ll come back when I hear a more reasonable and intelligent counterpoint…

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I don’t believe all libs/dems think we need more troops in Afghanistan. Afghanistan was merely a staging point for Iraq–to get the people ready for “Shock and Awe”. If you want to end terrorim you have to put an end to what breeds terrorism–Good luck doing that with bombs.

I’ll come back when I hear a more reasonable and intelligent counterpoint…

[/quote]
Violece begets violence. If you succeed in killing or capturing one terrorist what does it gain?

I could copy and paste my statement from the other “overlooked” thread but I’d be wasting my time because it’s the same argument. This whole thread is the same old, tired, war-on-terrorism-democracy rules-liberate-Iraq-mumbo-jumbo that has been stated one-hundred times before. If you want me to recompile all the arguments stated before on why liberating Iraq does not equal an end to terrorism you are pressing your luck. The mere fact that you are so quick to start a thread that has been done so many times before so that you may try and put a new spin on republican idiology is beyond beleif.

Violece begets violence. [/quote]

The next time JeffR is in your neighborhood arresting a child-rapist or a murderer with his nightstick and his glock, I want you to run out and verbally attack him and tell him “You’re only perpetuating the cycle!” Then Jeff can start bringing all the murderers to your house to live.

You and your family would last less than 1 day without large violent men to keep the monsters away and enforce the law.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Well if it was a joke I guess it was kind of funny.

I always find the left kind of funny, now that you mention it, they make me laugh a lot. I don’t know if it’s intentional though.[/quote]

te he

[quote]Cream wrote:
The next time JeffR is in your neighborhood arresting a child-rapist or a murderer with his nightstick and his glock, I want you to run out and verbally attack him and tell him “You’re only perpetuating the cycle!” Then Jeff can start bringing all the murderers to your house to live.

You and your family would last less than 1 day without large violent men to keep the monsters away and enforce the law. [/quote]
You mock everything this country stands for with those words. I am quite large and capable of holding my own against most individuals–it is wheather I choose to do so that determines that. You make a good argument for me–thank-you. We have police precicely so that I don’t have to resort to violence on my own–vigilantism is not acceptable in the streets nor is it acceptable in he court of public opinion.

I’m still trying to figure out what terrorist have to do with rapists and murderers in this country. These are apples and oranges. Figure it out.

[quote]Cream wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Violece begets violence.

[/quote]
Since you want to use violence in this country to back up your own idiology think about this: One gang member kills another; that gang retaliates and kills two more members form the rival gang; that gang subsequently retaliates and kills those gang members plus some of the gang members family just for giggles and then…do you see what I’m getting at?

Cream wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Violece begets violence.

Since you want to use violence in this country to back up your own idiology think about this: One gang member kills another; that gang retaliates and kills two more members form the rival gang; that gang subsequently retaliates and kills those gang members plus some of the gang members family just for giggles and then…do you see what I’m getting at?[/quote]

I think a better comparison would be WWII. They bombed Pearl Harbor we retaliated. They killed us, we killed more of them, we won! End of story.