Afghan Poppy Crop Sets Record

Interesting…since we’re in Afghanistan!

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Interesting…since we’re in Afghanistan![/quote]

God I hope they don’t try to throw a bunch of money, bad policy, and troops at this like they have done in South America with the coca. The only people it seems to hurt are the poor that farm the stuff.

Drugs have financially fueled dictatorships, wars,conflicts,etc for the longest. Stopping it is impossible, in my opinion the Reagan admins “War On Drugs” was probably one of the most hilarious campaigns to come out of the White House. What a waste of tax dollars. This article really isn’t hard to believe at all,however it is interesting.Its simply the difference between mining for gold or granite…Poppies or grain.

It means a world of differnece to peasant farmers. Afghans are making the Southeast Asians look lazy.lol.

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
in my opinion the Reagan admins “War On Drugs” was probably one of the most hilarious campaigns to come out of the White House. [/quote]

I’m sure Iraq got you rolling on the floor then.

Chiquita: Bush Admin Didn�??t Object to Colombia Militia Payments
The fruit giant Chiquita International is claiming it failed to stop illegally paying right-wing Colombia militias because the Bush administration never responded to the company�??s admission that it was making the payments. Earlier this year, Chiquita agreed to pay a twenty-five million dollar fine for making $1.7 million in payments to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia – considered a terrorist organization by the U.S. government. But Chiquita now says those payments may have had at least the tacit approval of the Bush administration. The Washington Post reports a Chiquita board member met with Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff in April 2003 while Chertoff was at the Justice Department. The board member, Roderick Hills, reportedly told Chertoff that Chiquita knew the payments were illegal but would have to end operations in Colombia if it stopped making them. Several sources say Chertoff agreed that the payments were illegal – but agreed that the situation was �??complicated.�?? Chertoff advised Hills to wait for more feedback before taking action. Chiquita says the feedback never came, and that it left the meeting with the message the Bush administration did not object to the payments. Chiquita kept making payments for nearly another year.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/03/1347254

Something to keep in mind next time you shop for bananas…

Time for Lixy to break out the linament. First its carpal tunnel from the typing and now picking crops!!

Got my sympathy, bro!!!

Lixy since you go to school in sweden Im sure you didnt win the “Best All Around” Muslim scholarship award your parents shoved that silver spoon so far up your ass it is fucking up your head.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/04/26/afghan.saffron/index.html

What, you mean they haven’t switched to saffron, yet?

I consider this good news really. Opium is a vital important product. Besides if we were smart we’d take interest in the farming of opium rather than try to stop it, since it does not work anyway except to drive the price up. Let them grow thier opium and support them doing it. It will take the rogue hands out of the drug industry.

Pat36 has got the right idea. Its one of the few more liberal ideas I agree with. Legalize it tax the shit out of it. Our gov’t is way to conservative for that unfortunately. But it has worked to an extent in a hand full of countries, however, not entirely effective

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
Pat36 has got the right idea. Its one of the few more liberal ideas I agree with. Legalize it tax the shit out of it. Our gov’t is way to conservative for that unfortunately. But it has worked to an extent in a hand full of countries, however, not entirely effective[/quote]

We’ll send some Special Forces down to Colombia and over to Afghanistan to study the means & methods. They’ll report back soon. Patience. (!)

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
Drugs have financially fueled dictatorships, wars,conflicts,etc for the longest. Stopping it is impossible, in my opinion the Reagan admins “War On Drugs” was probably one of the most hilarious campaigns to come out of the White House. What a waste of tax dollars. This article really isn’t hard to believe at all,however it is interesting.Its simply the difference between mining for gold or granite…Poppies or grain.

It means a world of differnece to peasant farmers. Afghans are making the Southeast Asians look lazy.lol. [/quote]

T-MIA,

If George Bush hadn’t invaded Iraq, there would be no opium in Afghanistan.

I remember the recruiting posters, “Uncle Sam wants you to only fight in Afghanistan so we can stop opium production.”

Further, bin laden would have decided to voluntarily given himself up inside Pakistan.

Signed,

Guys who have scribbled, “Anarchy in Ireland” and say the words, “I only take natural medicines.”

[quote]JeffR wrote:
T-MIA wrote:
Drugs have financially fueled dictatorships, wars,conflicts,etc for the longest. Stopping it is impossible, in my opinion the Reagan admins “War On Drugs” was probably one of the most hilarious campaigns to come out of the White House. What a waste of tax dollars. This article really isn’t hard to believe at all,however it is interesting.Its simply the difference between mining for gold or granite…Poppies or grain.

It means a world of differnece to peasant farmers. Afghans are making the Southeast Asians look lazy.lol.

T-MIA,

If George Bush hadn’t invaded Iraq, there would be no opium in Afghanistan.

I remember the recruiting posters, “Uncle Sam wants you to only fight in Afghanistan so we can stop opium production.”

Further, bin laden would have decided to voluntarily given himself up inside Pakistan.

[/quote]

Jeff, we’ll send some Special Forces to both Colombia and Afghanistan to study the means & methods. Be patient–these things take time. (!)
The study of Southeast Asian means & methods is finally due to be published any week now. See how long these things take?

Now JeffR you haven’t done your homework Afghanistan has been producing opium amongst other things for centuries. The whole region all the way to Turkey farms poppy. He might of inadvertently put more there.

People crack me up they criticize and think they have all the answers cuz there so fuckin smart. Truth be told they don’t know what to do either its just easier to point their finger at the guys who had at least he stones to do something.Try again buddy

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
Now JeffR you haven’t done your homework Afghanistan has been producing opium amongst other things for centuries. The whole region all the way to Turkey farms poppy. He might of inadvertently put more there.

People crack me up they criticize and think they have all the answers cuz there so fuckin smart. Truth be told they don’t know what to do either its just easier to point their finger at the guys who had at least he stones to do something.Try again buddy[/quote]

Hey T,

Please re-read my most recent post. I was giving the middle finger to all the nitwits (lixy) who make these sort of comments.

Pay attention to “signed.” When I do that, I’m parroting ridiculous talking points.

jeffR

lol mosdef my fault Jeff I stand corrected I was kind of going through things in a frenzy my appologies for not picking up on the parroting. I too enjoy throwing lixy the finger I knew I wasn’t all by myself lol bro

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
lol mosdef my fault Jeff I stand corrected I was kind of going through things in a frenzy my appologies for not picking up on the parroting. I too enjoy throwing lixy the finger I knew I wasn’t all by myself lol bro[/quote]

You have each been reported to your respective county’s Republican party headquarters. Any break in formation is reported immediately. Constancy is recommended.

LOL