Afghan Muscle Documentary

Might have been posted already, but here’s a documentary about bodybuilders in Afghanistan-

Pretty inspiring stuff.

Interesting, though the commenters talking about them not taking steroids don’t know what they are talking about. I posted on the recent Dubai story about Afghan bodybuilding protocols.

The ones I knew and talked to while I was over there were taking a gram of sustanon 250 once a week. They’d do something like 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. They also took protein and creatine, but no PCT or anything like that. They also used to ask me all the time if I could get them the stuff Americans take to make their bones grow bigger. At first I thought they meant GH, but they actually believed we were taller than them because we tooks meds, haha.

The culture there is very receptive to bodybuilding though. This is due to it being a male-dominated society that for straight men it is not uncommon for them to hold hands, hug, lean on each other, etc. There is a significant homosexual/bisexual culture there. Women are for making babies and men are for pleasure. Some of our interpreters told us that this was the Russian’s fault because they forced the men to have sex when they occupied the country, though I don’t know if that’s completely true. Regardless, they love looking at naked and half naked men.

FYI for those interested in Afghanistan, the arguing and bickering like that is common. I’m surprised that the ANA officer didn’t beat that federation guy down. Though I wasn’t in Kabul, so maybe it’s more civilized there.

Interesting find, LUEshi.

That’s a great documentary. I watched the whole thing.

It’s amazing how far they made it with so little.

It’s an awesome documentary I love one part when they talk about what one of the bodybuilders gets from being “sponsored” to work out at a certain gym…I think it was like 15 eggs a day in a payment and he works out despite gunshots/and or explosions outside. Really puts things in perspective and makes any of my excuses seem pretty insignificant.
Another great part is when the main character’s father wants him to go to the mosque instead of going to the gym and his struggle to decide if he should respect his father’s wishes.

There are just so many great parts to it, I think it could have been even longer and them cover even more but all in all it was really good.

lol@ the scene where the guy pulls a mike a tyson and is all “ill fuck you til you love me faggot”

Categories are very similar to what I’ll be facing next year here in Mex.

even Arnold is there… great docu!

[quote]fireflyz wrote:

The culture there is very receptive to bodybuilding though. This is due to it being a male-dominated society that for straight men it is not uncommon for them to hold hands, hug, lean on each other, etc. There is a significant homosexual/bisexual culture there. Women are for making babies and men are for pleasure.

Some of our interpreters told us that this was the Russian’s fault because they forced the men to have sex when they occupied the country, though I don’t know if that’s completely true. Regardless, they love looking at naked and half naked men.

FYI for those interested in Afghanistan, the arguing and bickering like that is common. I’m surprised that the ANA officer didn’t beat that federation guy down. Though I wasn’t in Kabul, so maybe it’s more civilized there.

Interesting find, LUEshi. [/quote]

LMAO … from what I’ve heard, this gay/bi-sexual thing is especially true in the south Taliban area (Kandahar region) … but not as much in the north.

idk what youre talking about bro, homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Islam. especially states like Afghanistan, Saudi, Iran and Iraq.

not saying it doesnt happen

just saying that you will get torn apart by horses if anyone finds out.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
lol@ the scene where the guy pulls a mike a tyson and is all “ill fuck you til you love me faggot”[/quote]

It sounds even funnier if you understand Dari … he said something like I’ll stand behind you and do you.

I think for having very little access to proper nutrition (let alone drugs) they sport impressive physiques.

Just goes to show you don’t need much except drive to be a success.

Well I was in afghanistan for a year and I can tell you from personal experience it happens a lot. The north may in fact be different as there are different tribes up there. But the Pashtuns have a significant homosexual population. When the Taliban was in power homosexuals were executed, true. I doubt there are a lot of open homosexuals in areas still controlled by the Taliban. However, they aren’t in power now so that’s not the case anymore. I got my experience from personal observation, talking with afghanis we met out on missions, detainees, and the english speaking interpreters that were Afghani. I can’t speak to the rest of the middle east, but I can about afghanistan. Oh and I almost forgot…we caught two of the afghan guards on our FOB banging each other in the middle of the night in a guard shack. One of the many things I’d rather forget.

/end hijack

Happy to be an American. Fuck yea!

Ahh, I remember this from when it was posted on BB.com over a year ago.

The infamous quote:

“If you try to pull that shit, I will personally fuck you in the ass”

Arabs and Italians are always screaming and threatening to kill one another.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:

Arabs and Italians are always screaming and threatening to kill one another. [/quote]

What does that have to do with Afghans? Although they tend to be willing to fight at the drop of a hat too.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:

Arabs and Italians are always screaming and threatening to kill one another.

[/quote]

Eh??? Man I live near Sicily…and people seem pretty friendly over here to be honest. What are you talking about?

Arabs maybe, and for the record I am Maltese, closely related to Arabs genetically wise,and language wise, but oh so damn different when coming to most of our culture brah.

I’m not trying to offend but you have to admit it’s kind of true, nay?

I find national stereotypes amusing and mostly accurate.

Old Italian movies are funny because everyone is always shouting from start to finish.

Those hot blooded meds. lmao