Afghan Bodybuilding

did anyone else here about this story?? Interesting indeed…

Long before the Taliban took over as rulers of Afghanistan, the country was one of the most progressive in the Islamic world, in such areas as culture and women’s rights/education. Granted, this is just a bodybuilding show, but it is evidence of more cultural modernity in a nation that just a few years ago was living in the societal stone age. (Actually that statement may be a bit harsh. To Neaderthals.) Though the impact of our actions in Iraq may create debate on different sides of the cultural poles, I dont think anyone can argue about the good that we’ve done in Afghanistan.

[quote]Jprocrastinator wrote:
Long before the Taliban took over as rulers of Afghanistan, the country was one of the most progressive in the Islamic world, in such areas as culture and women’s rights/education. Granted, this is just a bodybuilding show, but it is evidence of more cultural modernity in a nation that just a few years ago was living in the societal stone age. (Actually that statement may be a bit harsh. To Neaderthals.) Though the impact of our actions in Iraq may create debate on different sides of the cultural poles, I dont think anyone can argue about the good that we’ve done in Afghanistan.[/quote]

I agree.