Paul Buentello vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

HDNet Fights lineup:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
Mark Hominick vs. L.C. Davis
Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

http://sherdog.com/news/news/affliction-finalizes-jan-24-lineup-15534

Good card, IMO. Linland, Horodecki, Fedor, Nog.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Good card, IMO. Linland, Horodecki, Fedor, Nog.[/quote]

Very good card. I’m suprised Yvel got the clearance to fight in the US with his history. I hope Babyface Assassin breaks his arm(;p). Should also be interesting with Tito Otiz commentating.

awesome, can’t wait!

Arlovski
Barnett
Lindland
Babalu
Horodecki
Buentello
Matyushenko
Hieron

I have to root for AA in this one. I really want to see Arlovski back in the UFC and I don’t think they will bring anyone in that loses to Fedor at this point. I just don’t see Dana risking someone, that Fedor destroys, walking through his HW division.

If he beats Fedor, I can see the UFC throwing a bunch of cash at him and giving him an immediate shot at the winner of Lesnar/Nog(prediction). This would knock Fedor out of the #1 spot until he comes to the UFC.

This is my master plan to get all the best HWs in the UFC. I like competition amongst organizations, but let them complete in the stacked divisions. I would rather see the best HWs and LHWs under one umbrella at this point.

If I were Affliction, I would have signed AA to a mutli-fight deal to avoid this. If he wins, I would immediately schedule the rematch.

I surprised by yvel getting any kind of fight clearance either…

a pretty good card
lets hope lindland is still relevant-
and I like him.

kmc

I’m buying it, and would even if Fedor wasn’t on the card. I’m giving them my money b/c a)Its CRITICAL right now for there to be other successful promotions that can pay enough for fighters to live and b) with only 1 succesful, money-making promotion we risk MMA becoming a fad and a few years down the road, no UFC.
Competition is good.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I surprised by yvel getting any kind of fight clearance either…

a pretty good card
lets hope lindland is still relevant-
and I like him.

kmc[/quote]

Competition is good. I dont even care if they compete so much as just give me something else to watch that offers more guys a way to be seen. As it is if Dana doesnt think he can build you into a marketing niche you got noooooo chance.

Yeah imagine a promotion where they let the fighters fight, not tell a sambo jedi like arvloski he has to knock the guy out.

Is good to have a promotion like Affliction doing only a few cards a year, means they can set up a great card like this.|

UFC running sometimes 2 cards a month obviously has to spread their talent a bit thinner.

Who is the ref on the Barnett-Yvel fight?

Poor guy.

Good card! Cant wait to see the Fedor fight. I am an Andre fan for sure. I think when he shows up in the right frame of mind he is one of the best in the world. But I dont know if he can dethrone Fedor. I’m pulling for an upset though.

I’m glad there is another show out there for big names besides UFC. It gives more guys a chance to showcase themselves and promote the sport. I’m just not real fond of MMA in a ring. What’s everybody else think?

[quote]outlawmma wrote:
I’m just not real fond of MMA in a ring. What’s everybody else think?[/quote]

Depends on what you like to see. Ring gives the strikers an advantage. Cage is better if you like to to see clinch work and ground and pound. I prefer a cage.

I am pretty pumped up because of the new show. Think they have an awesome card.

Arlovski - Emelianenko is the fight to watch i think. This time i am really rooting for Arlovski but i am not really sure if he has all the tools to win.

In every interview he and his coach are talking about arlovskis boxing and how bad fedors boxing technique is … i am not sure if that is the right way. i think fedor will immediatly take arlovski down. Andrei didnt look very good on the ground against Roy Nelson… Maybe the hole talking is just strategy, but i hope he works on his ground game. If Arlovski looses i think we wont see him in the UFC soon …

What do you guys think about their game plans ?

i love fedor, but I want arlovski to win to disturb some shit.
can’t wait to see vitor fight! he’s always been a fav. of mine.
haha gilbert yvel, hope he KO’s barnett.

My picks are in bold… fyi i pick with my ‘heart’ not really who i think will win.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
Paul Buentello vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

HDNet Fights lineup:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
Mark Hominick vs. L.C. Davis
Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

Picks

Fedor
Barnett
Belfort
Babalu
Lauzon
Buentello

Little Nog
Hieron
Hominick
Duarte
Speight

since I started this thread,I will offer my picks to win:

Pay-per-view lineup:

Fedor Emelianenko
Josh Barnett
Matt Lindland
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Dan Lauzon
Kirill Sidelnikov

HDNet Fights lineup:

Vladimir Matyushenko
Jay Hieron
Mark Hominick
Albert Rios
Brett Cooper

How do you say “Ass up,face down” in Russian??? WOW

I was watching that fight (Fedor/Arlovski) as intently as I could and when it happened and . . . I still had no idea what the hell happened. I didn’t even see it until they showed the replay (about 5 fucking minutes later)!

Jiminy Christmas!