Aerobie - Farthest Thrown Thing

Does anyone here play with one of these? My and my friend have been playing with one and I have to say that it is the coolest toy I have ever used. If you ever get a chance to buy one do it. This thing can be thrown 2 football fields by the avg guy with a few days practice and me and my friend can make throws from goalpost to goalpost with amazing accuracy, the coolest thing is that these throws can be made with ZERO arc, you can literally throw it 100 plus meters with it traveling 4 feet above the ground in a perfectly straight line.

When you get good and play in public you get crowds of people stopping to watch and always asking what it is. The kinds of catches you can make when you get good are amazing. For those with young boys who are into this kind of thing its a must have.

I know this is pretty random but I thought I would throw it out there because its a fairly unknown thing(atleast around here) and if you get the chance it is worth it to check it out. Have fun.

http://www.aerobie.com/QuarterMileThrow.htm

looks really cool are they hard to throw ? is there a special technique?

oh second question… where can you order one?

No, they are not that hard to throw. It does require a good degree of “finesse” though and from what I have seen some people pick it up and can cherry pick at 100 yards within a couple hours whereas other it takes a bit longer. And it is thrown just like a frisbee.

Im not sure where you can order one, I have always bought mine at local stores. Im sure if you went to a few sports stores and asked around you could find one. I bought mine at a “sports check” and a “science and nature” store but those might be just Canadain companys?
Good luck.

I love the aerobie!!

I had one years ago when I was growing up and it was to this day the greatest “frisbee” I ever owned. I was pretty hard on it though and managed to eventually break it from all the places it got caught in. :frowning:

They make a great coffee press too.

yea, my uncle had them when they first came out when I was a younger lad. I remember they were awesome then some neighborhood kids wanted to try and got them stuck in a tree. fags.

used to have one untill we took it to the beach and we over threw it off a pier and lost it out to sea :frowning: those suckers can really fly.

sportscheck ? Do they all carry them? What are they worth?

I had one years ago. Two negatives:

They sink like rocks when thrown in water.

I swear you could decapitate someone with one of these suckers; very hard along the edge. They could market it as a martial arts weapon.

They are sold for about 15$, not sure if all stores carry them. Yes they do fly very fast and it seems as if they could take your head off. Thats what’s so cool though, they fly so fast if you throw it hard that the catching of it becomes just as fun if not more so then the throwing and its very difficult requiring a great deal of skill. And why do you guys play at the beach? I find its useless at the beach because the wind effects it too much.

I had one a few years ago, but a throw that started out at about 5 feet high, ended up flying on to the roof of a 3-story elementary school building. I miss my Aerobie.

Does anyone know where you can buy one in Canada?

Aerobies are great, I’ve had one since I was like 13. I’ve probably lost 4 of them to flying further than expected and into the woods, and like above sinking like a rock in Lake Michigan. They are great for an uncrowded beach thats for sure.

I’m really good with it, but it seems other people I throw with usually can’t grasp the concept of letting go with a even/level grip.

Sports check carries them in Canada. Atleast they do in Vancouver/lowermainland.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:

I swear you could decapitate someone with one of these suckers; very hard along the edge. They could market it as a martial arts weapon.[/quote]

What is the second negative?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
dragonmamma wrote:

I swear you could decapitate someone with one of these suckers; very hard along the edge. They could market it as a martial arts weapon.

What is the second negative?[/quote]

Well, I sorta figured the decapitation thing was it, at least from the viewpoint of the decapitatee.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
Sports check carries them in Canada. Atleast they do in Vancouver/lowermainland. [/quote]

I checked Toronto’s Sport Chek… they don’t carry them :frowning: