T Nation

Advise on TRT Dosage (Labs Included)

Good day all;
I have been on doctor prescribed TRT cyp for about a year now. Here is history on my dosage:

144mg/wk every other day (EOD)
Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 820.7 ng/dL 264.0 - 916.0
Free Testosterone(Direct) 28.3 High pg/mL 6.8 - 21.5 02
Prolactin 25.5 High ng/mL 4.0 - 15.2 01
Estradiol, Sensitive 66.1 High pg/mL 8.0 - 35.0 02
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 18.2 nmol/

Then switched to 80mg/wk (EOD)
Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 600 ng/dL 264.0 - 916.0
Free Testosterone(Direct) 168 High pg/mL 49 - 212
Prolactin 12.6 High ng/mL 4.0 - 15.2 01
Estradiol, Sensitive 22 High pg/mL 8.0 - 35.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 15 nmol/L 10-80

When I was on 80mg/wk I did not feel good at all, so later, I upped the dose to 100mg. I still don’t feel good. I feel tired, I do fall a sleep but I wake up in the middle of the night for no reason.
I switched from IM to subq to keep my estrogen lower.

What do you guys suggest I do next?

How’s your other stuff? Any more labs like vitamins and iron? Thyroid function? Do you donate blood? How long ago did you switch dosages?

You need to describe how long you were on each protocol, whenever you change the dosage, you have to wait 6 weeks for levels to become stable, then you start feeling good.

Your 80mg/wk (EOD) protocol looked good, a 600 Total T and E2 at 22, I’m surprised you didn’t feel good. Thyroid problems could explain not feeling well on TRT, both work together to restore metabolic rates.

Most doctors do limited testing so they don’t get blacklisted by insurance companies, this means a low Free T3 or high Reverse T3 goes unnoticed. A full thyroid panel usually includes TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3 and antibodies.

Free T3 is the only active thyroid hormone and indicates what’s going on at the cellular level, often doctors only test TSH and Free T4 and the most important tests get missed.

You can’t expect to feel good right away, TRT is a slow process and progress is measured in months.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved

Thank you guys for the quick response.

I’m waiting 8 weeks before switching protocols. I have been on 100mg since October 2018.
The rest of labwork as requested:
Vitamind D 21.0 31-120 ng/ml (I"m now taking multi-vit supplement)
TSH W/RFX FT4 1.52 0.27-4.20 uU/mL
Free T3 3.38 2.50-4.30 pg/ml
Ferritin 149 23-265 ng/ml
Thyroglobuln ab <15 0-115 IU/mL
Thyroid antiTPO <15 0-34 IU/mL

Why did you switch to this dose?

Due to high lab results shown on the first post. I was given the option to be on AI or lower the dose. I decided to lower the dose as I don’t want to inject more stuff into my body.

I was wondering if you simply based that off the numbers. How were you feeling then?

Energy was good but had lots of hot flashes, really got angry easily (which to be honest I liked :slight_smile: ) because I missed the feeling of getting angry. Focus was good and self confidence was also good.

Are you using AI? what’s your current protocol?

No, d/c anastrozole about six months ago.

200mg test enanthate (I’ve switched back and forth with cyp, notice no difference), once per week.

Total test runs between 880-920
Free around 200-220
SHBG 25
Last E2 was 55 (IA), 79 (LC/MS/MS), been testing both for a while.
Feeling much better with the increased E2, cholesterol dropped from 200 to 164, joints feel great, increased sexual function.

IM or subq?
You don’t think that you need to check your PSA and Prolactin?

IM

Been checked and more. I just reported what was relative to your labs/protocol.

I neglected to mention I also take sermorelin/GHRP2/GHRP6.