T Nation

Advice with My Routine

just got back into the gym after injury, while injured i lost around 2 stone and have lost between 20-30kg of the the major lifts alot i know its pretty demoralising.

im kinda trying to go all out to gain the size and strength i lost and also making my routine fairly sport specific to rugby as i try and get back into playing shape. ive been doing this routine for a couple weeks now but just wondering how you guys would rate it. its a simple 4 day upper and lower body split designed to target the big muscle groups.

monday: lower body with some core specific
back squats
lunges
horizontral leg press
romanian deadlift
for my core i circuit between hanging leg raises and renagade rows

tuesday: upperbody
incline dumbbell bench
flat bench
arnold press
partial deadlift
t-bar row
vertical row
narrow grip bench
narrow grip pull ups

all of these excerices ive been doing 3 sets of 12,10 and 8 reps, however after 2 months i will switch to 5x5 to gain some extra stregth for a month then return to 12,10,8 and keep cycling like that or atleast that was the plan

Why don’t you do the same thing that you did before the injury if it worked?

although i seen decent gains i dont think my routine was as good as this one because i was limited with equipment the gym didnt even have an olympic bar just dumbbells but ive joined a much better gym now and believe this to be a better routine however i just wanted some feedback as to any improvements it would need coz im still newish lifting.

although i seen decent gains i dont think my routine was as good as this one because i was limited with equipment the gym didnt even have an olympic bar just dumbbells but ive joined a much better gym now and believe this to be a better routine however i just wanted some feedback as to any improvements it would need coz im still newish lifting.

You’re doing too many (similar) exercises on your upper body day. Lower body looks fine though. Just focus on adding weight each workout and eating A LOT.