Advice with a Full Body Routine

hi i was planing on doing Jim’s “Full Body Full Boring” but its a pure strength template it looks nice and simple but don’t think it will fit my needs eg a 3 day full body template for hypertrophy and strength that is the same on all 3 days i ask as i have disorder that makes things like tracking different workouts over different days harder than it should 153 forum didn’t help much someone sent me to Meadows forum in there someone suggested your Built for Bad but it just to many days for me so anyone have any ideas thanks

What kind of gym do you train in and what kind of equipment do you have available?

It has the be exactly the same on all 3 days?

thor, I’ve read your stuff on 531 forum… looks to me that what could be very helpfull for you is a training partener ! he could help you on keeping track of things on paper while you assist him moving the weights for the next set… just my thought ! good luck,

i have a power rack a bench an olympic bar and some dumbbells and yes exactly the same on all 3 days thanks good idea Phil but i train alone thanks

thor
i posted an old shotputter routine i used to use in another forum. it’s real simple, 4 exercises, 3 days a week. it’s designed for explosive strength. it will make u bigger and stronger.
it’s not for hypertrophy, but maybe you can adjust the sets and reps every 4-6 weeks or so.
it’s basically a “roll out of bed, and do it in your sleep kinda thing”
if you are interested let me know and i’ll try to find it.(or rewrite it)
by the way, the routine changes the sets and reps scheme every 4- 8 weeks, basically, just like any other program.

and it allows for variations of exercises, in the event you get bored.

“good idea Phil but i train alone”
i drink alone- me and my good buddy weiser.
sorry, i couldn’t resist. it’s a song from george thorogood

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
here’s something simple and effective.

http://danjohn.net/2009/12/the-big-21-program/[/quote]
This is great stuff.
thanks so much cubuff!!
i forgot dan john was a thrower/coach.

domcib yes please post it or is that dan john one it also someone i know said to try all pros is that any good thanks

Try looking at the HST 3 day training routine. Full body focused on size with strength progression as well.

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

This is great stuff.
thanks so much cubuff!!
[/quote]

no problem! a throwing coach? i look at dan john as THE throwing coach (thrower too - even though he’s older, he’s still throwing heavy things a long way). A running theme throughout his work is, “Did x make me throw farther?” if yes, keep x. if no, discard x. This created a very interesting laboratory for evaluating training methods for many, many years.

This is more than 3 days but would probably work okay on 3 days a week too.

Same program in both links, the first has more detail but the 2nd has more background from dan john. I don’t remember the actual numbers but this program boosted my deadlift and overhead press quite a bit without going anywhere near my max.

thor. it’s here

filter through my poor writing. if its not quite understandable, ill type it for you again here.

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

This is great stuff.
thanks so much cubuff!!
[/quote]

no problem! a throwing coach? i look at dan john as THE throwing coach (thrower too - even though he’s older, he’s still throwing heavy things a long way). A running theme throughout his work is, “Did x make me throw farther?” if yes, keep x. if no, discard x. This created a very interesting laboratory for evaluating training methods for many, many years. [/quote]

THE throwing coach. sounds good. i think he’s around my age. For me, on the east coast, it was Tony Naclerio.

thanks to everyone who helped i think i may try HST