If anyone can provide tips, it would be greatly appreciated.
is the program I'm thinking about doing for a month for my winter break. Let me say I that my bench is out of whack. It's nearly half as strong as my deadlift. The best lift I've done on that was 220 for 3. Just last week or so I only managed a pathetic 195 for 8. I am weak at the bottom of the lift, and want to fix it by doing board work (2 boards). I understand this program is old and high volume but that just may be what I need.
Things I'm unsure of and would like advice on:
- I'm assuming "Bench press locality" can be used for board presses.
- Has anyone tried this workout with success (particurarily those with a weak bench in the first place).
- By "5.Latisimus dorsi. 8Х5," I'm assuming BB rows, correct?
- I don't plan on improving my deadlift if much at all and there is absolutely no pulling in this program. It'd feel weird to not do some form of the deadlift. Any comments on this?
- Anybody still rock the leg extension? Any comments on that?
I've got experience with Bill Starr's 5x5 and Glenn Pendlay's 5x5 and 3x3. I'm currently training DC but would like to specialize on the bench.
My other lifts which were tested exactly 2 months ago are:
Squat ATG: 405
As far as I can remember, my bench has always been week at the bottom. I've got lanky and long arms. I'm considering giving this program a try in order to further improve my technique and get a better groove...hopefully improving muscle coordination.
I'm planning to eat A LOT of food in preparation to get the most out of this program (4000+ cals 1 gal milk tons of meat and veggies)
I want to compete raw in powerlifting and suited in the future with hopes of my bench not being 1/2 my deadlift.