Advice w/ Test Replacement?

I posted this question with no replies from anyone. Here it is again- and this is a very serious matter for me so I would appreciate some help and advice.

I’m 41, my test levels are way low…like no libido in the daytime, only throughout the night and early morning upon awakening. I’m disillusioned with supplements and diet as a solution although USP labs Powerfull has helped a little.

So,what’s a good longterm strategy in terms of steroids/hormone replacement that will revitalize my quality of life? I’m assuming that, with my levels as low as they are and doubtlessly getting lower, the fear of natural production shutdown is not even an issue anymore. However, perhaps estrogen conversion might be.

Should I attack this through estrogen blocking, prolactin reduction or testosterone replacement? Also, would the Powerfull supplement be a keeper since it primarily boosts HGH and has prolactin lowering qualities?

Also, I’m doing this clandestinely as I have no health insurance.

[quote]cugel wrote:
I posted this question with no replies from anyone. Here it is again- and this is a very serious matter for me so I would appreciate some help and advice.

I’m 41, my test levels are way low…like no libido in the daytime, only throughout the night and early morning upon awakening. I’m disillusioned with supplements and diet as a solution although USP labs Powerfull has helped a little.

So,what’s a good longterm strategy in terms of steroids/hormone replacement that will revitalize my quality of life? I’m assuming that, with my levels as low as they are and doubtlessly getting lower, the fear of natural production shutdown is not even an issue anymore. However, perhaps estrogen conversion might be.

Should I attack this through estrogen blocking, prolactin reduction or testosterone replacement? Also, would the Powerfull supplement be a keeper since it primarily boosts HGH and has prolactin lowering qualities?

Also, I’m doing this clandestinely as I have no health insurance.
[/quote]

Hard to give you advice without the numbers of your tests.

Sorry you didn’t get a response, I don’t use any HT so I’m not an informed source. There are plenty of smart dudes here who will post. But jake is right, post all the results from your blood test and give a brother something to work with!

good luck!

It would be irresponsible to give advice without lab numbers. The wrong advice, however well intentioned, could be like trying to put out a fire with gasoline and you could end up in worse shape.

Ok, here’s my two cents, offered in good faith.

You say: “I’m 41, my test levels are way low…I’m assuming that, with my levels as low as they are and doubtlessly getting lower…”

How do you know your testosterone is low? If you’re going by symptoms alone, then you’re making a dangerous assumption. Since other problems can cause the same symptoms as low testosterone, it is vital to have blood tests to see where you’re really at.

You say: “…perhaps estrogen conversion might be”

Perhaps. But that’s the real issue. When you’re dealing with something as fundamental as your hormones, you want to eliminate as much guessing as possible. “Perhaps” is a danger zone. But sure, you can order some anastrozole and start dosing yourself with it to see what happens. But be very careful because if you drive your E2 down to unhealthful levels, then you’ve just replaced one problem with a different problem.

So if you’re asking the guys who’ve done the research and are actually doing the things you are considering, what you should do, the unequivocal answer is get the tests first, and then start thinking about what to do after you know what’s going on.

Monkeying around with your hormones is serious business and not something to be done in ignorance on assumptions.