Advice on Wife Texting Her Boss

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

AC. I gotta agree with the women on this one. Some women, possibly even most (more than half) are completely untouchable if they are happily in a relationship. This is coming from a man, like you, with a way over-blown ego…

[/quote]

I don’t intend to pinch hit for AC but I think you’re missing the point.

Keywords:

[i]women

if

are happily[/i]

We have a noun and a verb modified with an adverb and they are entirely contingent on a preposition, the preposition of course being “if.”

The point is, generally speaking, women are creatures principally driven by emotions (that is not some kind of negative indictment, for the record). The sway of those emotions can cause a typical woman to drift in and out of “happiness.” Also, many women tend to place the burden of providing their happiness on others, not themselves, and many times those others are, of course, their significant others.

So I agree with your premise, Monsieur OnEdge, in that women in a happy relationship can be pretty much “untouchable” but women can easily make themselves “touchable” by gentle or not so gentle nudges in their happiness vagaries.

I also, therefore, must agree with AC as well. He remains dead-on in his point. If he caught Em, for example, or any other woman (alright, maybe not ANY other woman but many) in the right spot somewhere in the intrinsic ebb and flow of their happiness tide they are going to cave. It’s borderline inevitable (generally speaking) if the timing’s right.

So we end up with:

Happy relationship = solid resistance to straying

“I strayed” = “Whoops! Sorry but I was ‘unhappy’ at the moment” rationalization “and besides, you were the one not making me happy so it’s really your fault too!”
[/quote]

Feel free to pinch hit anytime, sir - well said.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I assure you, Em, that my mental image of you, gathered through several years of online interaction, is the EPITOME of responsibility and frugality. With a bit of sexy and “responsible excess” thrown in there for good measure. :wink: [/quote]

I was thinking about this as I worked out this morning, and if there hadn’t been other people there, I think I’d have laughed aloud. So smooth!

If ever we meet and are both unattached so there are no moral impediments for me, and you think I’m attractive enough that the experience wouldn’t be repugnant to you - though I don’t think that would be the case - will you try to seduce me, please? Because I think that would be a most excellent experience, and one the likes of which I’m certain I’ve never had.

But you’d have to go in with low expectations, because regardless of skill, I don’t see sex resulting.[/quote]

I would enjoy that very much. If we were ever fortunate enough to be touched by serendipity, regardless of whether our rendezvous became physical or not, I’m sure that “the seduction of EmilyQ” would rank among my finest and most treasured memories. Sounds like the title to a racy romance novel, doesn’t it? LOL

How’s the Picasso? ;)[/quote]

He is a rugged electrician, flown in from an oil platform to fix undefined stuff in the little town our one legged heroine lives in.

First, she is disgusted that he effortlessly seduces the head cheerleader and the mayors wife in one evening and by his 5 o` clock shadow, but on a stormy, rainy night, she has no choice but to call him and he fixes her electric installments and her life…forever…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I assure you, Em, that my mental image of you, gathered through several years of online interaction, is the EPITOME of responsibility and frugality. With a bit of sexy and “responsible excess” thrown in there for good measure. :wink: [/quote]

I was thinking about this as I worked out this morning, and if there hadn’t been other people there, I think I’d have laughed aloud. So smooth!

If ever we meet and are both unattached so there are no moral impediments for me, and you think I’m attractive enough that the experience wouldn’t be repugnant to you - though I don’t think that would be the case - will you try to seduce me, please? Because I think that would be a most excellent experience, and one the likes of which I’m certain I’ve never had.

But you’d have to go in with low expectations, because regardless of skill, I don’t see sex resulting.[/quote]

I would enjoy that very much. If we were ever fortunate enough to be touched by serendipity, regardless of whether our rendezvous became physical or not, I’m sure that “the seduction of EmilyQ” would rank among my finest and most treasured memories. Sounds like the title to a racy romance novel, doesn’t it? LOL

He is a rugged electrician, flown in from an oil platform to fix undefined stuff in the little town our one legged heroine lives in.

First, she is disgusted that he effortlessly seduces the head cheerleader and the mayors wife in one evening and by his 5 o` clock shadow, but on a stormy, rainy night, she has no choice but to call him and he fixes her electric installments and her life…forever… [/quote]
LOL

[quote]orion wrote:

First, she is disgusted that he effortlessly seduces the head cheerleader and the mayors wife in one evening and by his 5 o` clock shadow, but on a stormy, rainy night, she has no choice but to call him and he fixes her electric installments and her life…forever… [/quote]
You should go ahead and get a book deal.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
a happy woman.[/quote]
Does not compute[/quote]

haha you are too young to be this bitter…

and to be this right on :slight_smile:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

Integrity and responsibility ( response-able - the power to choose your response).

No one can take these two things from me - they are character defining concepts. And lack of - is the reason people stray. [/quote]

Integrity is not something that can be taken. It is sometimes a slippery beast, but it’s always freely given. As for responsiblity, we’ve all read Frankl, “the space between stimulus and response gives us the freedom to choose”… blah blah blah - But that’s not at all what I’m getting at. Now I understand you’ve recently had some relationship turmoil and that you are probably carrying some anger about it (and rightfully so), so I’m going to try and tread lightly here, but my point still stands: Women are capable of being seduced. Not all the time, of course. But women are cyclical beings. Their emotions and their hormones fluctuate with varying degrees relative to thier stress levels (AKA, thier happiness). Their actions, emotions and decisions are NOT consistant. That’s why men have trouble understanding them. But once you see the matrix and figure out the calculous of social interation viewd through the lens of that matrix, one’s “batting average” tends to go up a bit.

It’s not a judgement, it’s a fact. Entire societies throughout history and on different continents separately evolved to be structured around this fact. And I’m sorry, 50 years of feminism doesn’t change it. Are there exceptions? OF COURSE! NOTHING in this world is black or white, everything is a shade of grey. But I’m speaking generally of the VAST majority.

And speaking of shades of grey, you could probably write the next 50! But I digress…

If you put a dog alone in a room with steak, it’s instinct is to go for the steak. Depending on it’s training, a dog may NOT go for the steak on every given opportunity. But if the reinforcement slipps a litte over time, and the steak is still there, eventually, a dog will be a dog and eat the steak. It’s in it’s nature. And you can’t get mad about it. You just have to accept it and reinforce the discipline while limiting the time with the steak. But don’t fool yourself about a dog NOT being a dog and just leave the steak out all day. That steak WILL get eaten eventually.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

You should go ahead and get a book deal.[/quote]

She felt the same energy pulsating through the grid, life itself for all the things she relied on, when he fixed her with his blue eyed gaze…

Oh noez, she thought, I have a degree in gender studies, what will all my girlfriends say, but all those voices quieted down when his calloused hands ripped her bodice from her heaving bossosms effortlessly…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

She felt the same energy pulsating through the grid, life itself for all the things she relied on, when he fixed her with his blue eyed gaze…

Oh noez, she thought, I have a degree in gender studies, what will all my girlfriends say, but all those voices quieted down when his calloused hands ripped her bodice from her heaving bossosms effortlessly…[/quote]
You’re killing me.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Good to know where you stand - for personal future reference :wink:

But I’m still skeptical about love as a “limited” supply. Why do people stop loving each other? Did they ever truly love to begin with? Is being in love with more than one person simply infatuation with the illusion your emotions provide(i.e. lusting after what you think they can offer you?)

Agape. Is it possible for a human to be capable of this type of love. [/quote]
I know what you mean. I used to feel like a person couldn’t truly lose their love for someone if they had really loved them in the first place, and if they did, then it wasn’t actually love. I think that was probably just extremely naive of me though.

Also interestingly I don’t feel like I would have any issue whatsoever with my partner being with any number of other women. Just men. I mean I guess that makes perfect biological sense.[/quote]

Until she leaves you for another woman… That’s happened to me before. It’s a slippery slope, both literally and figuratively! LOL

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

More like a child’s drawing of a school bus! As I’m sure you’d have guessed would be the case.

I think if we ever did find ourselves with time together seduction would be forgotten, and we’d be talking and laughing our asses off. I’m pretty funny in person if I’m comfortable, and can imagine you are, too. Between your mad seduction skills and my cool suicide assessment/containment skills I would think we’d both be pretty at ease. Would be fun.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

Oh noez, she thought, I have a degree in gender studies, what will all my girlfriends say, but all those voices quieted down when his calloused hands ripped her bodice from her heaving bossosms effortlessly…[/quote]

She does NOT have a degree in gender studies! For the love of God.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

LMMFAO! But, for the record, I have steely dark eyes, filled with mystery, not blue - mmmkay?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Let me save whomever the trouble: I don’t want to be responsible for making a woman happy for precisely the reasons I mentioned in my last post. SHE needs to be the one that makes her own self happy.
[/quote]

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

LMMFAO! But, for the record, I have steely dark eyes, filled with mystery, not blue - mmmkay?[/quote]

Okay, I can only work with your avatar and blue seemd a safe bet…

His strong, yet surprisingly gentle dark brown eyes drew her in and for the first time she was ashamed of her Gender Studies degree…

She vowed to keep it forever a secret, knowing that no man that had handled deadly currents with a smile could ever respect her if she did confront him with this nonsense…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

His calloused hands might rip the bodice effortlessly, but that just takes him to my minimizing bra. That fucker is made of STEEL.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

She does NOT have a degree in gender studies! For the love of God.[/quote]

Do you have a bodice that just barely contains your heaving bosom?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

His calloused hands might rip the bodice effortlessly, but that just takes him to my minimizing bra. That fucker is made of STEEL. [/quote]

Ha !, she thought, believing herself save behind an impenetrable defense, but copper wires where made of sterner stuff than her flimsy bra…

He reached into his tool box without even looking and his most delicate wire cutter had her nude in seconds…

OMFGLOL

Tools FTW!

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

More like a child’s drawing of a school bus! As I’m sure you’d have guessed would be the case.

I think if we ever did find ourselves with time together seduction would be forgotten, and we’d be talking and laughing our asses off. I’m pretty funny in person if I’m comfortable, and can imagine you are, too. Between your mad seduction skills and my cool suicide assessment/containment skills I would think we’d both be pretty at ease. Would be fun.[/quote]

I could definitely promise you fun and laughter. But the seduction forgotten? Please - I’d be talking like Pepe le pew the whole time, “Zee cabage does not run away from zee corn-beef”.
And I’d be showing off MY suicide containment skills as I ran after you, “Ah! My leetle pidgeon wishes to commit suicide to prove her love for me. What a sweet gesture. Never-the-less, I must prevent eet!”. You would then fall blissfully into my arms. For realz! LOL