Advice on What to Work On?

Hey everyone, I’ve been lifting for about 1.5 years, still a beginner though.
What do you think I should work on?

well since nothing showing picture wise and based what you posted before… you just need to add lean muscle to your frame.

3 Likes

That depends entirely on what you want to achieve. How can other people pick your goals for you?

1 Like

Oops sorry.
I also just kind of want a log for before and for the next few years.

Depending on your goals, I would focus heavily on perfecting your diet and then your training if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Figure out specifically what you want to do, find someone, or many people who have done it and see what they did.

1 Like
3 Likes

It may be a sign of how easily pleased I am, but I enjoy the fact that 3 people have clicked this link, even though it’s pretty clear what it is.

2 Likes

Add some muscular size and strength and increase your definition.

4 Likes

Just add 20lbs overall/get ‘not scrawny’ then evaluate

1 Like

I have always seemed to have a bony shoulder area. Will this be substantially better with more muscle?

absolutely

2 Likes

You have bony everywhere-area’s. You’re skinny and bony. All good, dude. You’re young and have only been lifting for 1.5 years, and you haven’t been eating enough, and you probably don’t know what you’re doing training-wise either, like most of us 1.5 years in. Go start a training log and tag some strong people and you can get big and strong. It’s not easy, but it is that simple.

3 Likes

Ok il do that
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Everything - but you’re off to a good start

Eating like you’re starving to death every freaking day! Combine that with simple, heavy compound lifts and you will grow.

3 Likes

So, eating is not a problem for me.
It actually might be a problem of eating too much.
I can easily down 2500 calories in a day from healthy sources. Mostly veggies, protein and healthy fats.

That’s great. Then time is what you need to grow. Focus on the big 3, squats, deads, bench (dumbbell to protect your shoulders). Also chins and dips. Be patient and dont even consider gear for YEARS and YEARS

2 Likes

Never going to use gear, dw.

1 Like

who brought up gear?