T Nation

Advice on What to Work On?

(I know that I'm chubby D:)

I need an estimate on my body fat percentage. As many people do, I want to go for 10% for my abs to show.

I also know that besides my minor gut, I'm skinny, so I need to know what to work on.

I have a bench pressing bench, and a barbell. (that's it)

The photos of me are from about one month ago, after a meal, so I'll try to get a more recent photo of me right after I wake up.

The photos:

oh my god

I can’t even tell because you are standing so close to the camera. Others that are more knowledgeable might know though. However I think you have a horrible physique (it’s in this forum so you asked for it). I’m guessing 20% BF? You’ll get more accurate results following my post. But seriously, start hitting the weights. Do you have any weights to go with your bench pressing bench and barbell?
EDIT: was a little harsh, read your post wrong at first. But not totally sorry.

troll…

Giga,

My advice is to delete this thread (before the flaming gets out of hand) and go read the beginner forum stickies.

Just admit it.

Your on roids aren’t you.

[quote]farenuff wrote:
Giga,

My advice is to delete this thread (before the flaming gets out of hand) and go read the beginner forum stickies.[/quote]

OMG! was my first thought and then I said I don’t want to be (oh…nevermind).

I agree with farenuff, delete this thread ASAP and go to the beginner’s forum.

Going for the Hannah Montana look? I gave a 10 for achieving it.

LOL
you’d think some of these guys would read previous RMP’s and know what to expect.

Looking swole, bro.

Your brachialis is lagging, though. Try adding some hammer curls on your arm day. I’d shoot for 4 sets of 6-8 reps, 2 seconds on the concentric, a short squeeze at the top, and 2 seconds on the eccentric.

Are you natural?

HAHAHA!!! This just made my day. O man I’m at work and saw the pics and laughed so loud everyone is looking at me now…that is some funny shit.

How old are you? Know what it dosent matter, if I had ever looked like that at any age Id go find the bigest meanest guy at school and pay him to kick my ass

As others have said, the first thing I said was OMG.

Honestly ~ Memorize the beginner stickies.

Read up on nutrition by Dr. John Berardi, his 7 tips are very helpful. Pay attention to all the nutrition articles.

You are basically a blank slat albeit lacking any muscle termed skinny fat ~ which is basically a nightmare to the avg lifter. It’s like WHAT?!

My tips :

Commit. If you can’t commit and be critical and work to change and grow ~ you won’t go anywhere.

Dedicate. decide you want this new lifestyle more then anything else - ie being lazy, starving yourself, avoiding moving pink dumb bells or even metallic ones.

Learn. Based on pic #1 I refuse to look anymore ~ you have a lot to learn.

• realize that learning is only the first step ~ If you are still at it a year from now or even 6 months from now.

anything you read, hear, or see will carry more subtle important meanings that you just can’t grasp ~ a lot of things in health and fitness take time, you need time to acquaint yourself with new ideas that are REAL. Not bogus media crap you see on the news or hear from the avg metro on the street.

Form & Technique - the reason you will learn this is emphasized is to lead people toward the proper steps to learn muscle stimulation - this is not the end all tho your avg beginner/intermediate may say otherwise.

• another reason why you may see this preached is because trainers and advice is given to encourage aid and assist not to hurt, debilitate, break, and impair.

So… without further ado

Eat often and make sure your getting 1-1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight. So if you weight 100 lbs. have between 100-150 grams of protein in a day. Divide it by 5-6 and thats how often your going to eat and how much protein you should be putting in. Since you basically have no muscle, make sure you take in simple and complex carbs with every protein meal ~ vegetables are good for you make sure you eat them too.

DO NOT VDIET.

you are not holding up a shoe, and yet you want an estimate on your body fat?

oh and

eat your whole darn house, and then the neighbors and maybe you’ll gain something other than blood, skin and bones

You should try lifting your weights. If you have a bar, bench and weights you can do bench press, deadlifts, BB rows, clean and press, snatches, cleans the list goes on and on, but that stuff should be the bulk of your training.

Lol, if you lost any weight I think you would die of anorexia

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
How old are you? Know what it dosent matter, if I had ever looked like that at any age Id go find the bigest meanest guy at school and pay him to kick my ass[/quote]

LOL