Advice on Upcoming Comp

Well the next WABDL competition is about a month away on July 14. I am seriously contemplating learning to use a shirt for this competition. My raw bench sits at 405 touch and go (as of yesterday) and I feel I can be quite competitive in my weight class (181) if I learn to master the shirt. My question is should I use this month to train using the shirt and hopefully master it before the comp or should I just compete raw?

I attached a video of my last comp 2 years ago its not the greatest angle but its all I got. I can’t remember if this was my opener at 314.16lbs or my second set at 336.20lbs. In case you were wondering, the last 2 years have been spent rehabing a shoulder injury and a back injury.

I am finally at a point where I am making decent progress on my bench and feel confident. My form has changed since the last comp, and if I can get a video of my recent lifts it should be reflected. I have adjusted my arch and my arms are closer to my body.

Nice numbers. The vid doesn’t seem to be working for me tho.

I think you could learn a single ply f6 in the time you have if you work in it each week.

The big thing that helped me with it was being told the right seam position for the sleeves, and touching lower than I thought I’d need to. After that it was plain sailing and I hit the right groove 90% of the time now.

July 14 barely leaves you with 3 weeks of training left. That’s not very long to learn a shirt for the first time. Not sure which shirt you have but most take a few workouts to get the hang of it. try it out today or tomorrow and see how it goes.

If it clicks for you then maybe go ahead and keep training with the shirt. But if it gives you a lot of problems you might be better off doing this meet raw and saving the shirt for anther day.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Nice numbers. The vid doesn’t seem to be working for me tho.

I think you could learn a single ply f6 in the time you have if you work in it each week.

The big thing that helped me with it was being told the right seam position for the sleeves, and touching lower than I thought I’d need to. After that it was plain sailing and I hit the right groove 90% of the time now.[/quote]

See if this works: - YouTube