Advice on Test Results? Doctors Say It's Normal

Ok will get back once the reports are available. Thank heaps man :pray:t2:

Are they doing free t3 or total t3? You didn’t state that. Good to do both but ft3 more important.

Hey bro… so my results just came back, as follows :

FT3 - 2.840 pg/ml Range 1.5 - 4.1
FT4 - 1.330 ng/dl Range 0.89 - 1.76
TSH - 3.302 microiu/ml Range 0.4 - 4.0

Please let me know what you think and course of action I can take in case…

Only FT3 bro, the lab here does not do total either. I just posted my results down below

It appears your thyroid is close to hypothyroidism.

Getting treatment may help you feel better.

I suggest armour thyroid . It is dissectated thyroid. Contains both t3 and t4. I

It’s already known that those with TSH >2.5 likely have hypothyroidism so it’s not even debatable at this point.

Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones

First of all the distribution of TSH reference range is not normal, with median values (also depending on population iodine intake) usually between 1-1.5 mU/L. On the other hand, upper TSH reference limit is (assay-dependent) usually around 4.2-4.5 mU/L. There is also an argument that significant number of patients (up to 30%) with TSH above 3.0 mU/L have an occult autoimmune thyroid disease

The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range

It has become clear that previously accepted reference ranges are no longer valid as a result of both the development of more highly sensitive TSH assays and the appreciation that reference populations previously considered normal were contaminated with individuals with various degrees of thyroid dysfunction that served to increase mean TSH levels for the group. Recent laboratory guidelines from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry indicate that more than 95% of normal individuals have TSH levels below 2.5 mU/liter.

Importantly, data indicating that African-Americans with very low incidence of Hashimoto thyroiditis have a mean TSH level of 1.18 mU/liter strongly suggest that this value is the true normal mean for a normal population.

Thank you for Sharing bro. In your experience what immediate course of action should I take?

It is 31.6 lolll I was about to say. Ask doc for 1k cyp

Thyroid is a huge cause of fatigue. It was for me. It controls metabolism temperature and so much more than you’ll ever realize.

Your going downhill fast without a properly functioning thyroid .

I lost 10-15lbs of fat and gained 20-25lbs muscle in 2 months after starting thyroid with trt

Without thyroid the trt wasn’t doing much for me.

So yes go check the values he listed above.

T3/T4 combo, I prefer bioidenticals so you can adjust the ratio.

Yeah bro my hair is falling out too and I just can’t lose any fat and my progress in the gym is now so slow…

1 Like

The only thing I may be able to get my hands on is cytomel and levothyroxine… thoughts ?

Armor thyroid or a compound version. Ask for
That not those. They are not effective.

Search YouTube for “dr rouzier thyroid”. Quickly realize why

It is controversial, but see if you can take them together. Not ideal. Customized T3/T4 is the best route. Armor (porcine thyroid) would be next.

1 Like

Ok will try to get what you have suggested. For now I have just used T3 and I feel great! I had a tummy pain at the start I guess that was just me getting used to it. My concentration levels at work is a 100%. I am so greatful for this group!

Thinking about the way forward now, would this medication be life long? Or can I taper off it… Also as far a suppression of natural production is concerned where do I stand…

Some do fine with T3 only preparations. It has a short half life, watch for it wearing off mid afternoon. Some take multiple doses throughout the day and levels fluctuate, and possibly cause symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Yes, your TSH will bottom out. Some people will need to stay on thyroid permanently, but not always. If the cause of the hypothyroidism can be determined and corrected, patients may no longer need thyroid.

Ok thank you. I started of T3 @ 50mcg, now currently at 75… do I keep increasing until I find my sweet spot? Also should I not exceed 100mcg?

No doctor advising you? You feel great, I would not change anything. Usual dosing of T3 only is 25mcg-75mcg per day.

1 Like

So basically the doc refused to treat me coz my results were withing range and “normal”. So the plan is I’m doing this myself, will get some blood work done and present the doc with the results after a month. Hopefully I can then persuade him to help me

There are any docs in the world. Find a new one don’t waste time with this one.

1 Like