Advice on Program for Girlfriend...

Good Day-

My girlfriend wants to start a basic lifting program. She has never lifted before, and her goals are to tone up and loose some weight.

Any ideas on a program for a female complete beginner?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tbose

The most important thing right now is pictures. We need pictures above anything else to come up with a solid program!!

Haha…there really is no such thing as “toning up”

In general if you look around this site you’ll find out that girls can handle the same exercises as guys…so if you have a good workout program just modify it for her

[quote]Tbose wrote:
Good Day-

My girlfriend wants to start a basic lifting program. She has never lifted before, and her goals are to tone up and loose some weight.

Tbose[/quote]

Same beginners program you’d use for a male, Pick something solid and basic and go for it. I like the structure of ABBH pretty easy and effective

Phill

Haha- yes pictures hmmmm, don’t think that she would still be my girlfriend very long. I will start her on the ABBH and see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies!

TBose

[quote]Phill wrote:
Tbose wrote:
Good Day-

Tbose

Same beginners program you’d use for a male, Pick something solid and basic and go for it. I like the structure of ABBH pretty easy and effective

Phill

[/quote]
Agreed. No need to get fancy with programming right now. Keep it simple and let her learn the basic movements.

How’s her diet?