Advice on Potential 'First' Cycle

Little background first:
I am 36 (almost 37), 6’ 205ish at around 12%bf (haven’t had it tested in a while, but I have access to a dexa scan at work, so I may do that after I get back.

Been lifting since I was 17, got more serious about it in 97 and have kept it that way ever since (with some breaks due to work). I am currently doing 531 (with some additions I made), so here are numbers based on that:

Squat - 440
Bench - 300
Dead - 400
Pullup - + 100
Military Press - 155

NOTE: these are all training maxes, haven’t tested 1RMs in a while.

Now, why does the title say ‘first’ cycle? Glad you asked…

Back when I was 23, I did my first cycle made up of leftovers from a couple buddies’ cycles. Sust 250 and Deca. Good solid base, right? Yeah, I used no AIs or SERMs, no PCt whatsoever. And to make it even better, I did a 5 week cycle while prepping for my second MMA fight because I ahd to fight HW and the guy I was fighting was reportedly 240 (he lost weight in prep, I gained to 212 so he ended up only having about 10ish pounds on me).

Over the course of that 5 week cycle, I worked up to 1000mgs per week of Sust, and I believe 600mgs of Deca. Gained a bunch of weight, but was bloated like a beached whale, with bacne so bad a coworker asked if I had been hit with a cactus. Needless to say, gassed hard during the fight, and the last 30-45 seconds was us both circling the ring, not really wanting to touch each other. And yes, I lost.

So. Aside from a short run of Primo and Anavar (gained maybe 5 pounds), and playing around with PHs and some paper steroids in the early aughts, I have never done a solid, well-planned cycle. At my age and training experience, I am right at my genetic limit, based on some ‘genetic potential’ calculators I found online (which I would link, but I did that in another thread and got my peepee slapped). So, I am researching to plan out a good solid cycle, basically calling myself a beginner (and trying to forget that hideous first try).

So here’s what I’m thinking:

Weeks 1-10 Test E 500mg/week
Weeks 1-10 Masteron E 300-400mg/week (haven’t decided yet)
Weeks 12-16 Nolvadex 40/40/20/20 ED
Either T-Bol or Anavar as a jump start, maybe DBol instead with Anavar later. Hell, if I can find it cheap enough, maybe run Anavar the whole time for the extra strength gains.

Thinking a basic cycle, good size and strength gains without getting too big (sudden massive growth would raise some eyebrows at my place of employment). Was also thinking about BBB’s HGH Protocol, but figure that would be too much for a first cycle, maybe down the road.

Thoughts?

still haven’t figured out what AI’s are hmm?

drop the masteron and the orals, increase the testosterone, and use .5mg Adex Eod or up it to ED if needed

you could run GH if you find a reliable source, 3-4iu ED would benefit you quite well but you should run it for at least 6 months… preferably forever…

Forgot the Adex. From what I had read with the masteron, aromatisation wouldn’t be an issue, even with the test. Just curious (like I said, still researching), why are you saying to drop it?

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Forgot the Adex. From what I had read with the masteron, aromatisation wouldn’t be an issue, even with the test. Just curious (like I said, still researching), why are you saying to drop it?[/quote]

because even with the masteron, aromatization will be an issue…

it’s also quite expensive and not very effective for gains