Hi All! Had a bit of a slip (due to health), and now looking for some advice on my new goals! I've listed them below, followed by some questions!
SUMMED UP GOAL: Be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday through diet, strength- , stamina- , and flexibility building activities, and a focus on leading friends/family by example.
DEADLINE: January 17th, 2012
HURDLE: Recent illnesses and other factors caused me to gain about 20lbs of fat, and lose a bit of muscle. Currently ill, recovering. Should be fine next week, aside from possible lingering infection and ongoing knee/joint issues, so using this time to plan.
- Weight: 155
- BF % : 32 (if my scale is to be trusted. Fluctuates with water retention)
- Height: 5ft 7in
- Age: 29
- Somatype: Tends towards Mesomorphic
GOAL (all stats better than past best-shape, 2 years ago)
- Weight: 130
- BF % : 17-19%
- Difference in weight: -25 lbs
- Difference in BF: -13% to -15%
Difference in Muscle Mass: + 0 to +2.6lbs
Average lbs per week: -1.7 /week
- Average BF% per week: -0.87 to 1% /week
1) I'd like confirmation: Do the above goals seem within reason?
2) I'd love to do Velocity, but I've tried and something (the lack of carbs? Not enough fat?) makes me extremely touchy, on-edge and down/depressed. I don't think what I get is a normal level of low-carb cranky, it's just not working with my body chemistry (perhaps due to iron-deficient anemia, ADHD and used to have issues with hypoglycemia) Although I did loose weight the few days I was on, until my husband begged me to eat a fruit or something! ha).... Any suggestions for modification, or must I just simply find a different diet?
3) Cutting always gives me more inspiration to keep going because I can see the changes faster, and I want to push forward (it also would help me to do easier body-weight exercises, with the reduced weight). However, I love lifting, and paired with my mesomorphic body type, an increase in muscle mass can help boost my metabolism. I want to be as efficient as possible. What do you suggest: cutting, building, build followed by cut, or a more boot-camp/crossfit style do-both-at-the-same-time approach?
4) If you where in my shoes, what diet and/or exercise plan would you use?
====THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!====