Advice on HCG?

Hi everyone!

I’m getting closer to starting my first cycle ever. I posted a while back, but I’ll give my info and what my cycle will consist of for those that didn’t see my old thread.

ht: 5’11
wt: 185 lbs
bf: 15%

Couple basic measurements, bi’s 16 1/4", forearm 12.5", chest 38.5"

Cycle will be the basic 500mg test e (twice a week, mon & thurs) for 12 weeks. I figured I’d start with adex .25mg eod, unless more is needed.

I’m still pretty confused with the hcg. My supplier suggested starting the hcg at week 10, then running it for another 4 weeks after that. I’m not sure if that should go into my pct? I know that pct shouldn’t start until 14 days after last injection.

I’ve found on some other sites that recommend the nolvadex and hcg combo, but I also thought about ordering some clomid too.

I want my first cycle to be a good experience, so I’m asking for some sound advice! I won’t start it until everything is in order, thank you!

i think the cycle looks good… i wouldn’t really worry about HCG. there is a lot of conflicting information on it, and i think it complicates things more than it helps.

for PCT tamoxifen (Nolavdex) at 20 mg/day is generally fine… i’d plan on taking it at least 3 weeks, and it has been shown to work for at least 3 months of continuous use. more is better, if you’re not feeling recovered…

some people here suggest waiting for the last shot to clear the system before PCT, and i am not one of them. IMO, it;s better to be early, then late and have to correct high estrogen and low test levels…

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
i think the cycle looks good… i wouldn’t really worry about HCG. there is a lot of conflicting information on it, and it think it complicates things more than it helps.

for PCT tamoxifen (Nolavdex) at 20 mg/day is generally fine… i’d plan on taking it at least 3 weeks, and it has been shown to work for at least 3 months of continuous use. more is better, if you’re not feeling recovered…

some people here suggest waiting for the last shot to clear the system before PCT, and i am not one of them. IMO, it;s better to be early, then late and have to correct high estrogen and low test levels…[/quote]

Thank you for the reply! I do prefer to keep my first cycle very basic and the less confusing the better. I did plan on going 4 weeks on my pct. For the nolavdex I was thinking 40/40/20/20. Still thinking about adding clomid along with it. I may skip the hcg this time around.

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

i think the cycle looks good… i wouldn’t really worry about HCG. there is a lot of conflicting information on it, and it think it complicates things more than it helps.

some people here suggest waiting for the last shot to clear the system before PCT, and i am not one of them. IMO, it;s better to be early, then late and have to correct high estrogen and low test levels…[/quote]

Thank you for the reply! I do prefer to keep my first cycle very basic and the less confusing the better. I did plan on going 4 weeks on my pct. For the nolavdex I was thinking 40/40/20/20. Still thinking about adding clomid along with it. I may skip the hcg this time around.[/quote]

i wouldn’t add clomid, unless you have a specific reason why…

aromasin (up to 25 mg/day) would be a worthwhile addition, tho…

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I do prefer to keep my first cycle very basic and the less confusing the better. I did plan on going 4 weeks on my pct. For the nolavdex I was thinking 40/40/20/20. Still thinking about adding clomid along with it. I may skip the hcg this time around.[/quote]

So you think it would be a good idea to use a AI such has adex in my pct?

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

So you think it would be a good idea to use a AI such has adex in my pct?[/quote]

no.

here’s why, from that thread i posted:

"also, it should be noted that Arimdex (Anastrozole) and Femara (Letrozole) have their blood levels reduced by tamoxifen. so, Aromasin (Exemestane) should be the preferred choice in PCT when adding in an AI.

Aromasin will assist in PCT, as low estrogen levels will convince the HPTA to increase testosterone levels… which makes sense, as Aromasin has been shown to raise testosterone levels by itself."

EDIT: to be clear, i meant “no, not A-dex. Use Aromsin instead.”

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

[quote]Bdubbs wrote:

So you think it would be a good idea to use a AI such has adex in my pct?[/quote]

no.

here’s why, from that thread i posted:

"also, it should be noted that Arimdex (Anastrozole) and Femara (Letrozole) have their blood levels reduced by tamoxifen. so, Aromasin (Exemestane) should be the preferred choice in PCT when adding in an AI.

Aromasin will assist in PCT, as low estrogen levels will convince the HPTA to increase testosterone levels… which makes sense, as Aromasin has been shown to raise testosterone levels by itself."

EDIT: to be clear, i meant “no, not A-dex. Use Aromsin instead.”
[/quote]

Ok thanks! I’ll have to do some research on aromsin. I probably would have started my first cycle already, if I felt totally comfortable with my pct. Just so many mixed views on what stuff to use.