T Nation

Advice on Fertility, Results and Action to Take? KSman?

So i have been lurking a while trying to get to grips with this topic, i’m here as making babies is on the horizon and i have always been dubious about it as i used steroids at a very young age 16-19. I also done a cycle of around 20 weeks earlier this year and been off since September, this cycle i seemed to take forever to feel recovered (even now sex drive is no where near what i would consider normal), this is what led to me starting my research and finding you guys, labs etc. Any help from anyone with knowledge on these issues will be greatly appreciated. I am really just looking at what steps to take next and interpret the lab results. I am in the UK.

-age 29

-height 5’10

-waist 32inch

-weight 83kg

-describe body and facial hair Facial hair grows quick, thick. Body hair not as thick but legs, arms and chest are all hairy.

-describe where you carry fat and how changed Hips, lower belly always been this way.

-health conditions, symptoms [history] Low sex drive, but mood and energy are good most of the time. For a while after PCT i was getting next to nothing ejaculating when “bustin a nut” which was very worrying as it was nothing i had seen before.

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever history of steroid use

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets] Diet is 90% good, plenty of fruit veg, dairy, eggs and sea food, supplemented with multi vit, omega 3 , vit D and iodine (iodine recently). I follow intermittent fasting, but the fast varies depending on how i feel between 12 and 16 hours fast.

-describe training [some ruin their hormones by over training] 1.5-2 hours 4-5 days a week, mainly weightlifting, but switches to more conditioning type (crossfit) depending on where we are in the competition year.

-testes ache, ever, with a fever? Only during last PCT (typical bro science)

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed During and for a while after PCT lost all morning wood, although i could still get hard. Now it is there most mornings.

Recently started using iodized salt and supplementing with iodine.
some recent morning temps are:

Labs:
D.H.E.A. SULPHATE 6.400umol/L 0.44 - 13.40
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 3.19IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE *9.12 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60
TESTOSTERONE 16.8 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED)*0.256 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 54.6 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX 30.77 Ratio 24.00 - 104.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 35.9 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

We see guys coming in here all the time that have been using steroids presenting with similar elevated LH levels while T is low, this is primary hypogonadism as testciles are damaged. You could easily get away with weekly injections of T do to your slightly elevated SHBG. You will find it difficult to get TRT in the UK especially with your numbers, finding a good doctor will be equally difficult!

@systemlord thanks for the reply.

If for arguments sake it is possible we can conceive would weekly T not remove that chance?

How could one possibly know the answer? That’s why guys take HCG as part of their protocol, to remain fertile. The problem with this if going through the NHS they will only temporarily give you HCG and once you get the wife pregnant they won’t fill it anymore do to the costs involved. You want to continue HCG you must be willing to pay for it.

Regarding my lab results, would trying the hpta restart protocol be beneficial or the fact my LH is already high make this pointless?

Thanks

Clomid will increase your already high SHBG, you won’t see any of your T at that point. Also high SHBG can overstate (inflate) your TT number when in actuality it’s lower, there’s where your FT went. You’ll likely feel worse than you do now and whatever libido you have will disappear. Over time your LH will continue to climb as your T continues on the decline. As your SHBG climbs your pituitary gland sees your FT shrinking and tries to compensate for it by increasing LH to tell the testes to produce more T only testes aren’t getting the message. Your HPTA control loop is broken.