Advice on Eating

Hey Everyone I will make this short and sweet. 2 more weeks and it will mark my 8 weeks of Clean Eating.

I havent cheated once, and I only have one starchy meal post workout, everyday.(usually whole wheat pasta, or sweet potatoes with protein.)

I eat basically two shakes greens + in the morning 7am and 9am, then I will have 4 more meals 2 hour splits, with vegitables and lean protein plus fruit but no starchy carbs. 

After workout have my shake, and then my big starchy meal. Followed by cottage cheese and protein shake before bed.  Also 12 Omega 3-6-9 and 6 CLA capsuls. 

Basically, my goal is to lean out, but I feel like iam losing alot of mass as well. Is that come with the territory or am i just not eating enough starchy carbs, I feel like Im getting really cut but losing alot of mass. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks everyone !!!

Figure out the leanest part of your body and measure that. If the measurement goes down, you’re losing weight too fast.

If you’re eating enough to lose weight, but not too much, you shouldn’t be losing muscle mass. In fact, you should be able to maintain or even gain some muscle mass.

If your strength is decreasing, that’s actually fairly common when most people diet. However, you can maintain and even gain strength during a fat loss (and clean eating) diet as long as you keep your training volume fairly low and keep the weights heavy (to maintain strength and mass).

Most people get the idea that when dieting, they need to lighten the weights and use higher reps. But that typically leads to the strength losses. So, you may need to change the way your training program is set up to focus more on strength maintenance.

EDT for Fat loss is a good article addressing this, as well as Chad Waterbury’s 10x3 for Fat Loss article. Check them out!

I would lose those shakes if they are just whey shakes. If you need something fast, replace them with nuts. Also, you should replace the 3-6-9s with just 3’s.

Im training very heavy and increasing strenght,
I do a superset style
1st set 6 very heavy reps, 12 reps heavy and 25 reps to burn out
3 x over

Yesterday i did 3 supersets of shoulders, then 3 superset of triceps and superset 3 more on arms

[quote]bigpolack81 wrote:
Im training very heavy and increasing strenght,
I do a superset style
1st set 6 very heavy reps, 12 reps heavy and 25 reps to burn out
3 x over[/quote]

That sounds exactly like one of Charles Poliquin’s fat loss programs that he mentioned not too long ago in one of his Question of Strength columns.

[quote] Yesterday i did 3 supersets of shoulders, then 3 superset of triceps and superset 3 more on arms
[/quote]

Yep, sounds like that program for sure.