Advice on Diet for a Show

Hey guys  training for a show may 5th and right now my stats are 250 lbs with about 15 percent body fat. My diet plan i made with my trainer today is as follows..while getting as close to these nutritional goals as possible.

I will start this plan tomorrow.But i was wondering protein bars are so expensive is there any snack i could mix or make that will equal atleast 360 calories and 30 g of protein ? i was thinking a baggie of mixed nuts or something ?

Daily goals…
2200 calories
250 g protein
66 g fat
150 carbs

6:00 Am - 6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
2 slice of wheat bread w/PB
9:00 Am - Protein shake 2 scoops oatmeal

12:00 - 2 packets tuna
1 protein bar

3:00 pm - protein bar

6:00 pm - Well balanced dinner

9:00 pm - protein shake

Are there any alternative meals or easy snacks to replace shakes / bars. from 12-4 i attend college and protein bars are so expensive Any tips would be great. Each meal has to be atleast 360 calories and 30 plus g protein. thank you guys

Lets start basic: Your calories are FAR too low. 250 at 15%, 2200 is MUCH too low to jump right into… your also lacking enough fats, healthy fats, and you have no meaty protein source. Eggs and protein shakes aren’t enough.

Yes, mixed nuts would be better than a common energy/protein bar… but first you need to address the many issues with that diet in general.

Well every night at 6 i have a large meal which usually is chicken, beef , or pork. What could i fix or change ? and 2200 calories is the number we want to try to hit because i am trying to lean out for comepetive shape in may. Please keep giving advice as i am new to dieting in any form. For so long i was “bulking”

what about a cup of mix nuts in place of a bar thats like 875 calories 70 grams of fat and 23.7 g protein ?

[quote]Tdawg26 wrote:
Please keep giving advice as i am new to dieting in any form.[/quote]

And you’re going to be in a show? Do you even know what it takes to contest diet? It’s a little more than just cutting back on calories.

Its my first show and im learning as much as possible. Dont try to come off being sarcastic cause how will i learn if i dont attempt it.

[quote]Tdawg26 wrote:
Its my first show and im learning as much as possible. Dont try to come off being sarcastic cause how will i learn if i dont attempt it. [/quote]

Typically one would attempt something after they’ve learned how, rather than simply learning by doing.

I wasn’t attempting to be sarcastic. It really sounds like you are new to this and maybe just don’t know what it takes. I would learn what it will take before you attempt it to make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.