Advice on Current Split

Good afternoon all.

-=History=-
I started my “Transformation”, as I call it, on August of 2007. I got out of the Marines…started smoking the funny stuff alot, ate alot of crap, got out of shape and fat.

So I started a FB workout plan with a PT with the simple goal of “I want to take my shirt off and not be embarrassed…I’m tried of being a fat skinny guy!”. She started me on a simple plan, which got me started in the gym that I continued about 3 times a week from there.

I’ve seen improvements over the past year (strength & appearance). The FB workout I did was unorganized and I found that I was neglecting my shoulders and back all together. So I started my current split plan in March. I am also playing softball for my company so I’m trying to balance the effort of not being sore but trying to lift at my max effort. I currently go to the gym from 5-6:15am due to my work schedule and demanding GF.

I don’t have set days for each split but I usually try to stick to this order.

Chest & Tri
Shoulders & Abs
Back & Bi’s
Legs & Cardio

Please view the attached picture of my lst 3 Chest-Tri & Shoulder-Ab workouts.

I am looking for advice on if I should add any additional type of lifts to the workout or drop any.

Thanks for your time.

The picture is not clear.

What is your goal? Are you still trying to lose fat? If so, why ditch the FB training then?

IMO.
There are only three good splits:
Upper/Lower
Push/Pull
Full Body

When you start seperating out upper days (ie. Back one day, then Chest another) and lower days, usually something gets neglected or over emphasized.

-Lift from 5:00am to 5:45am then get out.
-Start drinking a Carb/Protein drink 10 minutes before working out AND during. 3:1 Carb to Protein ration (30 carbs/ 10 protein) from: Nutrient Timing
-Drink a 2:1 Carb to Protein immediately after lifting (Surge fits this profile nicely)

[quote]yasser wrote:
IMO.
There are only three good splits:
Upper/Lower
Push/Pull
Full Body
quote]

This is debatable. But for someone posting in “beginner’s” This is 100% correct.

That’s why it’s my opinion. :wink:

Obviously someone more elite would need more customization ie. their quads grow like weeds, so to stay symmetrical they may lower the frequency etc.

Attaching an image apparently shrinks it.

I’ll have to link it to photobucket when I get home.

I’ve lost most of the fat I was looking to but still need some work on the “love handles”

So I guess now my goals would be:

Long Term: Bigger and Stronger
Shorter Term:

Bench 180 (and get off smith machine)
Squat 200
Deadlift 200

[quote]yasser wrote:
-Lift from 5:00am to 5:45am then get out.
-Start drinking a Carb/Protein drink 10 minutes before working out AND during. 3:1 Carb to Protein ration (30 carbs/ 10 protein) from: Nutrient Timing
-Drink a 2:1 Carb to Protein immediately after lifting (Surge fits this profile nicely)

[/quote]

Early morning on a workout day usually goes like this:

Up at 4:30…5-10min of petting the woman
1 scoop ON whey w/ water
BSN No Explode
Gym 5 - 6:15
BSN Cell Mass
Shower
Breakfast is usually Oats or cereal
2 scoops Whey on way to work
1 Egg 3 Egg Whites when I get go work
Animal Pak