Oct. 22 is the closing date.
I’m as excited as a kid ina candy store.
Nervous as wife with a husband who has a gambling problem in a casino
So this thing is finally gonna happen.
I need some advice from home owners though.
Brand new, new lived, just completed.
2500 sq ft.
1400 finished sq. ft upstairs 3 beds all w/ walk in closets.
2 full baths upstair ( 1 is master bath )
1100 unfinished sq. ft downstairs ( this is gonna be the gym )
12x16 cedar deck of kitchen.
basement has walkout.
3 car garage with 8 ft garage doors
irrigation front and back.
Ok so thats the house. More then I need. But with the economy the way it is, I would never be able to buy this home. Thanks recession
We do the walk thru. with the builder on the 16th.
Here are some things I’ve noticed that are not up to par:
- Garage door does not go up all the way. Still has 1/3 of the door hanging down when up.
- Piece of molding on garage siding @ base of door loose and creating about a 1" gap. (concerned mice can get in ).
- Grass. We had the sod layed down a little over a month ago. They have been watering the awn 3 times a day. It looks great. But is thick as hell. I think they have only cut it once. Currently is still 6" tall and we close in 2 weeks. Shouldnt they cut it again before I mjove in?
- Noticed damp concrete bricks downstairs in the corners after heavy rain. Contractor said its normal since they are also watering it 3 times a day.
- Pest problem: In the garage and basement I have noticed these beetles that are about 1.5" long. Not sure what kind of beetles they are. They dont look like the fly, and move pretty slow. But what are they doing in a new house? They look like they come out of the cracks in the garage where the concrete meets the wall. Not sure in basement? In the basement where the wall meets the concrete flooring there is a little gap. I’ve never seen this before. Someone said to me its for water runoff so it doesnt collect in my basement floor. My guess is this is where the beetles are coming from. Should I have them cock this up?
- Since the home is un-occupied right now, and they are leaving a lot of the lights on, many of the bulbs inside are burnted out.
So what would you guys do?
- Should the grass be perfect when I move in? OR should I have to mowe it?
- What about the damp concrete bricks?
- Solution for the beetles? Its not just 1 or 2. Were talking a dozen easy. Is this common? Will it go away come winter time ( Minnesota ), but will they return in Spring? Or shuld I have them have a pest control company come out and exterminate for me? Or is this an easy DIY?
Sorry for the long post.
Any and all advice is welcome.