Advice on Aromasin Usage?

That is not how this works man. You made the claim. Burden of proof always falls on the one making the claim.

1 Like

Agreed. You can find us in our Facebook group called ā€œtrt and hormone optimization therapy hotā€. It is strictly evidence based and all the research is in the files section. Mountains of it actually. Make a request to join it, even if just temporarily, and you can see for yourself. The studies that Dr. Rouzier discusses in that video are all there. The majority of guys in that group have stopped the AI and are all drastically improving (myself included).

1 Like

@mnben87 start by watching that video from Dr. Rouzier. Thatā€™s what I did when I thought the way you do. Once I watched that, and then did all the research, everything changed. We do not block E2 anymore. It might work for bodybuilders who are taking 17+ compounds but it does NOT work for guys on TRT whose focus is health.

so are you saying that high E2 is something that we should not worry about all we have to do is bring up our free T?

Correct. That is, if you want to feel amazing, have great libido, great erections, cardiovascular health, then yes. If you want to feel like crap, have side effects, and never feel optimized, and at the same time ruin your cardiovascular system over time by destroying endothelial function, then by all means keep taking the AI. The key here is free T. Everything else is secondary.

Iā€™ll check it out. Sorry I was kinda a dick. I donā€™t necessarily disagree with you, but you just sounded a bit dogmatic.

I take super low adex (0.25 mg a week). You really think that low of a dose impacts heart health?

@mnben87 if you only want to reduce your health a little bit, then take a little bit of AI :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s the thing guys. When I first heard about this ā€œyou should never block E2ā€ I reacted exactly the way you are reacting. It went against EVERYTHING that I had learned. It took me a LONG time to be convinced but, trust me, I am convinced. Absolutely convinced. I will NEVER touch an AI for as long as I live. I had mild gyno so I thought the AI would keep it under control When I stopped the AI the gyno started to swell up and I almost panicked, but I kept my head and had faith that the body would balance out. Guess what? It did. My gyno shrunk down to less than it had ever been before. My libido is RAGING now with E2 at 45. I always kept it between 20-30 and I never had libido like I do now. I always had a bit of ED and now I feel like I can smash through drywall with my boners. Many of the guys in our group are stating the same thing. The docs have all confirmed that they have stopped doing AI because they saw it was causing harm. E2 has never been shown to cause harm. We have also ditched HCG unless you need to be fertile as that typically complicates things as well. Focus on getting your free T levels upā€¦ way upā€¦ and I guarantee you will feel much better.

This is simply ignorant and not true. All or nothing is never a sound approach, as time always bears out. Most guys do not need any AI. Most. And the guys on here advocate starting without one and avoiding them if possible. Saying that no one should ever use them, is foolish. Saying that your ā€œgynoā€ went away without anything - do you actually know what gyno is and that you had it? You donā€™t use arimidex or aromasin for gyno anyway, you use Tamoxifen. Completely different thing.

2 Likes

@hardartery great. Do it your way! :wink:

Yes, I know the difference between an AI and a SERM, thanks. I wouldnā€™t condone taking either of them (and I have). Iā€™ve done Arimidex, Aromasin, and Nolvadex (Tamoxifen). Newsflash: E2 is not the cause of gyno. Gyno is genetic and caused by a multitude of factors. I had gyno even before starting TRT and my E2 was 12.

I wouldnā€™t argue with the basic premise of this, E2 is not the primary issue. However, it is the thing that exacerbates the problem in many men.

Of course but it would overwhelm you with literature.
The easier approach would be for you to provide just 1 article showing an AI was beneficial. Just 1 is all im asking for.
Estrogen doesnt cause breast cancerā€¦it helps prevent breast cancer (synthetic progesterone causes breast cancer) Even in women who have had breast cancer and are cured when they take estrogen the recurrence rate is lower. There has never been any harm with E2 in any randomized control trial to date.

Bro Science statement not supported by any medical literature

Actual Science

Raman and Schlegel38 looked at 140 men who were infertile and had abnormal T/E ratios. They were treated with anastrazole or testolactone and were noted to have significant improvements in semen volume, motility, concentration, and an increase in the T/E ratio. Letrozole has also been evaluated in the setting of male infertility. Saylam and associates39 treated 27 infertile patients with a T/E ratio of < 10 with letrozole. There was an increase in testosterone for all patients; 20% of the oligospermic patients conceived naturally and 24% of azoospermic men had return of semen to their ejaculate. Another study by Gregoriou and associates40 treated 29 men with infertility and low T/E ratios (< 10) and normal gonadotropin levels with either anastrozole or letrozole daily. They found an improvement in both hormonal and semen parameters after treatment with AIs.

That is one paragraph from the paper. It demonstrates a beneficial use of an AI.
Back to you and your Bros.

Or this one

"Estrogen excess in turn has been associated with premature closure of the epiphyses, gynecomastia and low gonadotropin and testosterone levels. Lowering estrogen levels in men has emerged, consequently, as a potential treatment for a number of disorders including pubertas praecox, the andropause (also referred to as late-onset hypogonadism) and gynecomastia. Aromatase inhibitors were proven to be safe, convenient and effective for the treatment of hormone sensitive breast cancer in women although their use is associated with a modest increase in bone resorption "

Anyone that tells you that something this accepted exists entirely without medical or scientific basis, is selling you something. Either they want your money, or your worship.

you have no idea of how to read studies at all. You dont know the difference between an observational study and a RCT. i can increase a mans testosterone by giving nothing but an AI. Everyone knows that and studies prove that, but when you do you make them osteoporotic, increase their visceral body fat, negatively affect their lipid profile, and the list goes onā€¦

You asked for an article showing an AI being beneficial while ranting about estrogen in women. Now you want to whine about the specifics. I spent literally 30 seconds and bang, there was a positive use in men. You want more, itā€™s there, YOU look. You want to parrot your prophet but not actually do any research yourself. The onus is on you sport.
There is BTW, a study referenced in the quote. Itā€™s not just a synoptic paper.

People making claims really have a hard time with this. They come back with ā€œprove it isnā€™t what I sayā€, but do not see the error of their logic.

1 Like

Easier for you, but I didnā€™t make the claim. AIs have been approved by the FDA for certain treatments. Efficacy needs to be shown for approval, so at the very least, a company at some point showed the drug had benefits. I believe it is still common to use them for post menopausal women with breast cancer for example.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think AIs are over used, and should be used at the minimum dose possible if needed at all.

Hardartery has spoken against AI use commonly on this forum. He mostly agrees with you, but not your dogmatic ā€œthis is the only way approachā€.

Personally, I feel better at 185 mg a week than 200 mg a week. Is my free T higher on less? Not bloody likely. I also feel better than 250 mg a week. Everybody is looking for some magic key that makes it universal and simple.

1 Like

i just have to shake my head and laugh at you hardartery. Ignorance is bliss with you that is obvious