Advice? High Estrogen, TT Looks Good

I wanted to give a slight backround. I am 21 years old and I have been dealing with low T since I was 16 and up until recently I have finally found a doctor that knows ive been suffering from Low T and understands that 200-300 is not an optimal level for someone my age. I am in fairly good shape and I work out regularly. I eat as healthy as I possibly can eating as much organic food as possible and taking supplements. I lead the healthiest lifestyle I possible can overall and now here is my protocol and my bloodwork.

I have been on 250iu of hcg twice a week and I pin on Sunday and Wednesday.

I also take testosterone Cyp twice at week at 80mg overall split into 2 doses of 40mg pinning on monday and friday.

My estadial ultrasensitive results just came in at 35 which is high as the reference range only goes up to 29 so I am a little worried about this and I am assuming that this is the reason for my lack of sex drive.

Total Testosterone-915
Free Testosterone-193.3 Reference Range 46-224
Bioavailable Testosterone-405.8 Reference Range 110-575
SHBG-22 Reference Range 10-50
Albumin Serum- 4.6 Reference Range 3.6-5.1

My doctor wants me to start taking arimidex but I am wondering as to what the correct dosage for this would be. I have seen protocols saying 1mg a week, but what would you all think the best recomendation for this would be based on my current levels?

Thank you all for any help and any insight and just over all support, it is much appreciated.

There are 7 stickies in this forum that may be of interest for you. “Advice for new guys” explains some basic items that may make the others easier to read.

1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole is a good starting dose. After 3 weeks, test E2 then refine dose to get near E2=22pg/ml. The new dose will be old_dose * new_E2_lab_result/22pg/ml. This works if you get a valid lab result that is in the reportable range.

As you will see from the above sticky, some guys [not rare] are anastrozole over-responders. The will have low E2 on 1mg/week and that lowers libido and energy, perhaps causing mood problems. Then they need to stop anastrozole for 5-6 days then resume at 1/4mg/week.

How have you been feeling? Good energy and initiative? Libido OK or could be better?

The two a week split looks good. Is that your docs’ reccomendation? If yes, he knows his stuff. Keep him.

But yeah, start with 1mg/week, retest and adjust.

[quote]KSman wrote:
There are 7 stickies in this forum that may be of interest for you. “Advice for new guys” explains some basic items that may make the others easier to read.

1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole is a good starting dose. After 3 weeks, test E2 then refine dose to get near E2=22pg/ml. The new dose will be old_dose * new_E2_lab_result/22pg/ml. This works if you get a valid lab result that is in the reportable range.

As you will see from the above sticky, some guys [not rare] are anastrozole over-responders. The will have low E2 on 1mg/week and that lowers libido and energy, perhaps causing mood problems. Then they need to stop anastrozole for 5-6 days then resume at 1/4mg/week.

How have you been feeling? Good energy and initiative? Libido OK or could be better?[/quote]

Thank you! I was wondering if I should split the Doses up of .5mg twice a week, and also if I should be doing it on the day of injection.

Also I have been feeling OK. My energy has been much better since starting TRT, but I notice whenever my e2 goes up I start feeling shitty and libido is not really there and I know it could be better!

[quote]Igs wrote:
The two a week split looks good. Is that your docs’ reccomendation? If yes, he knows his stuff. Keep him.

But yeah, start with 1mg/week, retest and adjust.[/quote]

Yes it is his recommendation, and I really like my doc very good guy and knows what he’s talking about. Found him on LEF and he specializes in bioidentical hormones and everything has been working out well since I started seeing him. I am also prescribed vitamin d at 50,000 ius twice a week which has also had me feeling better as well! And thank you for your advice.

why not do this:

Monday
T shot
HCG shot
.5 Arimidex

Thursday
T shot
HCG shot
.5 Arimidex

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
why not do this:

Monday
T shot
HCG shot
.5 Arimidex

Thursday
T shot
HCG shot
.5 Arimidex[/quote]

That will work well and is easy to manage. The serum anastrozole levels will vary but move in the same direction as the variations in T levels.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will try that and see how it goes!