Advice Heard in My Gym

Yeah just going to keep on doing my thing…could anyone critique my program over on my other thread please. It’s not pefect so i could do with some advice if you’d be kind enough :slight_smile:

Another one. The videos are a little stupid, but whatever,

The Kid on top weighs 60KG (I think);

Change where you train. Your gym should inspire you.

LR

edit

[quote]London Runner wrote:

[quote]captain slow wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
England sucks[/quote]

Yep :([/quote]

I’m sorry, but more like, your gym sucks.

Where I train;

LR[/quote]

*some of England sucks

wear headphones!! as the only woman in the squat rack at a gym full of skinny-legged adolescent turks and germans, I get advice every fucking time unless I look angry, avoid eye-contact, and wear my headphones.

Advice I’ve gotten (translated from German):
“Hey, you know you just grabbed a 16kg an 18kg barbell?” (insinuating I wanted two of the same weight - yes I know what I grabbed you fucker)…
“Let me show you hot to squat on a Smith Machine, it’s easier” (For fuck’s sake)
“That’s not how you do a headstand” (while I’m upside down…fuck you)
“That’s not where you put your feet on the machine to do a calf extension, your toes should go towards the middle” (mind your own fucking business, maybe I wanna work a different part of my calf)
“Do you like Sport?” (I’m down in the middle of a squat when he asks…NEIN!!!)
“Put weight on the assisted pull-up machine, do it underhand, and it will be easier” (easier???)
…the stare…(I’ve actually had to stop what I’m doing and ask one person to stop fucking looking at me while I’m doing an upright row because it’s distracting)

so there. get some headphones, man up, and use your middle finger.

[quote]BreStruction wrote:

so there. get some headphones, man up, and use your middle finger. [/quote]

Thats what i love about the Germans- they’re so damn sensitive lool

In all seriousness advice will be taken :slight_smile:

wear headphones!! as the only woman in the squat rack at a gym full of skinny-legged adolescent turks and germans, I get advice every fucking time unless I look angry, avoid eye-contact, and wear my headphones.

Advice I’ve gotten (translated from German):
“Hey, you know you just grabbed a 16kg an 18kg barbell?” (insinuating I wanted two of the same weight - yes I know what I grabbed you fucker)…
“Let me show you hot to squat on a Smith Machine, it’s easier” (For fuck’s sake)
“That’s not how you do a headstand” (while I’m upside down…fuck you)
“That’s not where you put your feet on the machine to do a calf extension, your toes should go towards the middle” (mind your own fucking business, maybe I wanna work a different part of my calf)
“Do you like Sport?” (I’m down in the middle of a squat when he asks…NEIN!!!)
“Put weight on the assisted pull-up machine, do it underhand, and it will be easier” (easier???)
…the stare…(I’ve actually had to stop what I’m doing and ask one person to stop fucking looking at me while I’m doing an upright row because it’s distracting)

I like the way you handle yourself! Post more often…

LR

Thats what i love about the Germans- they’re so damn sensitive lool

In all seriousness advice will be taken :)[/quote]

Handle your business like stated above. Or change gym. That’s all you need to take away from this thread.

LR

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
England sucks[/quote]

Yep :([/quote]

I’m sorry, but more like, your gym sucks.

Where I train;

LR[/quote]

Liking the looks of Legends Gym. I’m not far away (Bedford) so might have to add that one to my list of gyms to spend a session in.

[quote]yusef wrote:

i heard him say- ‘bruv, that skinny white boy only does 1 set it’s just ego fam’, then some guy corrects him and says ‘nah mate he works up to one set it’s not H.I.T’. [/quote]

Everybody talks like that in England. Especially WOLVERHAMPTON, mate-bud-lad-son-bruv-fam-blud.[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]kanew wrote:

Liking the looks of Legends Gym. I’m not far away (Bedford) so might have to add that one to my list of gyms to spend a session in.

[/quote]

Dude you’re miles away. The same guy owns another gym, also called Legends (what are the odds?), which is 20 mins away from me, full of Hammer Strength machines, but I go to this one because it’s 5 mins walk away.

Plus he has a whole load of new HS machines coming to this one pretty soon.

LR

[quote]kanew wrote:

[/quote]

Dude you’re miles away. The same guy owns another gym, also called Legends (what are the odds?), which is 20 mins away from me, full of Hammer Strength machines, but I go to this one because it’s 5 mins walk away.

LR[/quote]

Ah, just assumed it was in London. Is the one in Hackney unrelated?

[quote]kanew wrote:

[quote]kanew wrote:

[/quote]

LR[/quote]

Ah, just assumed it was in London. Is the one in Hackney unrelated?[/quote]

This is the one in Hackney. Across from Dalston & Kingsland station, in Ridley Road. The new one he opened is in Green Lanes, just before Turnpike Lane.

But isn’t Bedford somewhere near Milton Keynes?

LR

[quote]kanew wrote:

[quote]kanew wrote:

[/quote]

LR[/quote]

Ah, just assumed it was in London. Is the one in Hackney unrelated?[/quote]

This is the one in Hackney. Across from Dalston & Kingsland station, in Ridley Road. The new one he opened is in Green Lanes, just before Turnpike Lane.

But isn’t Bedford somewhere near Milton Keynes?

LR[/quote]

It is indeed; and I’m disappointed that you know that Prefab slumhole better than the wretched but historical town of Bedford.
As it happens my girlfriend is living in Southgate - I’d been meaning to trek it down to Genesis in Wembley and give that a try, but Turnpike lane is only a few stops away so that sounds perfect.

Truth.

Average conversation in Wolverhampton…

‘Yo wat u sayin blud’…

‘seshin that bud fam’…

‘sick bruv’.

This is about as classy as wolverhampton gets lol.

[/quote]

Okay, you don’t suck so much. That reads like my brother’s friends sound.

[quote]kanew wrote:
It is indeed; and I’m disappointed that you know that Prefab slumhole better than the wretched but historical town of Bedford.
As it happens my girlfriend is living in Southgate - I’d been meaning to trek it down to Genesis in Wembley and give that a try, but Turnpike lane is only a few stops away so that sounds perfect.

[/quote]

Cool, the Gym is near The Lord Salisbury pub. Just above the Tesco Metro. They have daily, weekly, monthly membership, so it’ll work out good if your only down for a short trip.

The gym is relatively new, so it doesn’t quiet have the atmosphere yet. But the space, venue and equipment is brilliant.

LR

Okay, you don’t suck so much.
[/quote]

In my book thats almost a compliment :slight_smile:

For the record England doesn’t suck, i was just in one of those moods i think lool