Advice From Someone who isn't Humungous?

I want to get HUMUNGOUS! I have been reading a lot on this site, some articles that seem to make scientific sense, but when I search for pics of the author some of them look like I already do and others are pretty big but they are not even close to what I want to look like.

However I am growing surprisingly fast with my own combo of principles of a few major article writers but I wonder. Why aren’t the authors FRACKING YOKED! I want to look like I can act the incredible hulk with no computer graphics integration!

Not every wants to be “HUMUNGOUS!” Not all the authors are BBs and not all the articles are for BBS. Some a for performance, injury prevention/rehabilitation and some are diet. Now some time ppl do give the authors a hard time about things that contradict or dont make much sense to them. So just keep doing what your doing and if you see something you like work it in to what you do if not then Fuck it.

I wouldn’t worry TOO much about what the authors look like. They could have different goals from you, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know how to help someone like you achieve their goals. It’s sad to say, but a super yoked trainer would probably alienate 90% of their female and 70% of their male clientele.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
It’s sad to say, but a super yoked trainer would probably alienate 90% of their female and 70% of their male clientele. [/quote]

Very sad. If you ask me the jacked guy would be the ideal person to ask about changing body composition. They know how to bulk, and they know how to cut.

Knowledge doesn’t have to manifest itself in a physical way for those who have it.

Applied knowledge is the proof in the pudding, but if the knowledge is applied to someone else instead of themselves, isn’t it still equally valid knowledge?

A “humungous” person may not be able to teach and get his/her message across as well as a person of smaller proportions, who is just as knowledgeable.

[quote]Duke wrote:
Knowledge doesn’t have to manifest itself in a physical way for those who have it.

Applied knowledge is the proof in the pudding, but if the knowledge is applied to someone else instead of themselves, isn’t it still equally valid knowledge?

A “humungous” person may not be able to teach and get his/her message across as well as a person of smaller proportions, who is just as knowledgeable.[/quote]

very well said.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Duke wrote:

A “humungous” person may not be able to teach and get his/her message across as well as a person of smaller proportions, who is just as knowledgeable.

very well said.[/quote]

Agreed

I’m sure that coaches that are not Humongous have coached those that are simply because they posses a superior knowledge of the science of being big.

Ok, thanks everyone! Yeah, mainly I didn’t think about that not everyone wants to be humungous (honestly I thought every guy dreamed of being humungous and every girl dreamed of being thin and figurely… but I like YOKED women… I have a video of YOKED lesbians and I WANT ONE! a straight one) and I guess those that know their stuff, it’s science, and science is based on known facts.

Don’t forget that besides the extremely rare genetic freak, LOTS of steroids are required to become HUMONGOUS. Many professional people simply can’t do that.

Furthermore, that genetic freak / steroid user is probably the last person to ask for advice. Remember, all that mass came easily for him. He won’t be able to help you since he never experienced what you’re going through.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Don’t forget that besides the extremely rare genetic freak, LOTS of steroids are required to become HUMONGOUS. Many professional people simply can’t do that.

Furthermore, that genetic freak / steroid user is probably the last person to ask for advice. Remember, all that mass came easily for him. He won’t be able to help you since he never experienced what you’re going through. [/quote]

Depends on what you consider humongous whether you need steroids. But the idea that you need “LOTS” of them is false. There are lots of large men walking around who have never done heavy doses/long term cycles.

Lots of size can be achieved with smart, normal doses. And good training/nutrition.

Don’t spread the media lies that anyone huge is on lots of steroids.

Besides, not all football players are genetic freaks, and tons of them get large.

Some of you guys must have never played sports…or maybe its just Florida. But there are plenty of huge high school and college football players that are entirely natural…they just eat like crazy, lift heavy ass weight, and do enough sprinting/drilling/aerobic work to stay relatively lean.

[quote]ImmortalAttitude wrote:
I want to get HUMUNGOUS! I have been reading a lot on this site, some articles that seem to make scientific sense, but when I search for pics of the author some of them look like I already do and others are pretty big but they are not even close to what I want to look like.

However I am growing surprisingly fast with my own combo of principles of a few major article writers but I wonder. Why aren’t the authors FRACKING YOKED! I want to look like I can act the incredible hulk with no computer graphics integration![/quote]

which major authors are you referring to (just curious)?

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

Furthermore, that genetic freak / steroid user is probably the last person to ask for advice. Remember, all that mass came easily for him. He won’t be able to help you since he never experienced what you’re going through.

Depends on what you consider humongous whether you need steroids. But the idea that you need “LOTS” of them is false. There are lots of large men walking around who have never done heavy doses/long term cycles.

Lots of size can be achieved with smart, normal doses. And good training/nutrition.

Don’t spread the media lies that anyone huge is on lots of steroids.

Besides, not all football players are genetic freaks, and tons of them get large.

Some of you guys must have never played sports…or maybe its just Florida. But there are plenty of huge high school and college football players that are entirely natural…they just eat like crazy, lift heavy ass weight, and do enough sprinting/drilling/aerobic work to stay relatively lean.[/quote]

There are also a million steroid users in every gym around the country who look like… shite! Cos they know shit about eating and shit about training. Steroids do not maketh the man.

Sadly.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

Furthermore, that genetic freak / steroid user is probably the last person to ask for advice. Remember, all that mass came easily for him. He won’t be able to help you since he never experienced what you’re going through. [/quote]

this IS sarcasm right?

You ARE fucking kidding arent you?

Well - i’d LOVE for you to say that to ‘that genetic freak/steroid user’ in person.

Please tell me it was a witty joke, i cant be bothered shouting…

:wink:

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

lol wut

You still have to work hard even with AAS.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

lol wut

You still have to work hard even with AAS.[/quote]

Just not as hard as the natty to get the same results.

Say what you will, but you can ask Thibs. I’m pretty sure I remember him speaking about it in a thread as well: nobody paid attention to him like they do now, until he cut up and got into very good shape.

Poliquin and other successful trainers are pretty big and lean.

When I power-lifted, my coach was a very big guy and pretty lean. Again, look the part.

Also, when I see trainers in the gym that weigh a buck thirty and train clients all day on BOSU balls and other bullshit toys there is no way I or any person with half a brain would take them serious.

Likewise, when I see some trainers who are just downright fat, I think the same thing.

If you want to be in the physique business, you should act professional and look the part. Just saying.

You wouldn’t get financial advice from a bum on the street would you?

All I know is the authors with the most knowledge and experience on this website are also the most muscular and impressive, including ones that don’t consider themselves “bodybuilders”.

And the ones with ridiculous training philosophies, particularly the ones who seem to hate bodybuilding and think bodybuilders do everything wrong in spite of their results, they seem to be the least developed.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:

You wouldn’t get financial advice from a bum on the street would you?[/quote]

I wouldn’t listen to a financial advisor just because he’s a financial advisor, but I would listen to financial advisor who has done, or is doing the things he recommends, or he has proven success with others by using the same advice.

Again, the results of the knowledge are what matters.

In the case of financial advisors, they earn trailing commissions from selling you a product, whether it performs or not generally.
A trainer will not continue to earn money if he/she does not get results for you.

A wise chinaman… I mean bodybuilder once said:

You will get the best results with a coach. You cannot see your own results as well as a spectator. Do not train yourself.

These guys have their own clients. They are so busy training everyone else that they wouldn’t have time to optimize themselves, either that or they are being coached by somebody else. Many an article will mention that they spend weeks on end with other trainers, training with multitudes of experienced lifters. They are experienced, even if they are not big, and even then, it isn’t their fault.

[quote]Duke wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

You wouldn’t get financial advice from a bum on the street would you?

I wouldn’t listen to a financial advisor just because he’s a financial advisor, but I would listen to financial advisor who has done, or is doing the things he recommends, or he has proven success with others by using the same advice.

Again, the results of the knowledge are what matters.

In the case of financial advisors, they earn trailing commissions from selling you a product, whether it performs or not generally.
A trainer will not continue to earn money if he/she does not get results for you.[/quote]

Exactly my point, and one of the main reasons I take what most financial advisors say with a grain of salt. Most have little to no experience in generating or preserving wealth. The Financial advisor industry and personal training industry are very similar: you have alot of people who have no idea what the hell they are doing at all.

Second of all, I gotta call bullshit, I see dozens of PT’s who have no idea what they are doing, aren’t impressive physically themselves, and get their clients no results whatsoever-they look the same year in and year out and still do quite a bit of business.

Please tell me you were kidding right? Look around at the gyms, nobody looks like they train at all, including the PT’s. A handful of guys at each gym look the part. Less than 10%

IMO: I’m not saying you should look like you are a professional athlete or pro bber but hell, you should at least look like you TRAIN AT ALL if you are going to be a trainer.