My snatch is in 154 lb and my clean & jerk is in 200 lb.
During my training sessions I also do practices with some techniques. Some of them are snatch pulls, clean pulls, squats and front squats.
What I regularly do is:
- to practice the oly lift + some upper techique (drop, snatch balance, etc) until my percentage for the day, let´s say in this example, 70%
- as soon as the snatch lifts are finished, I perform, for this example, three sets at 75, 80, and 85% of the snatch max
- And I finish the training session with three sets of front squats (for the snatch training day) with 90, 95, and 100% of the snatch max
- In a few words: lift until x%, pulls for x+5, 10, and 15%, and squats for x+20,25, and 30%
The reason of my post: the problem is that my squat max is 300 lb and my deadlift max is 365 lb, well above the oly maxes.
My question: considering the fact that I am in a strong deficit phase for weigth loss (I need it, clinically speaking), what would you do guys?
- to keep the pulls and squats percentages based on my oly maxes
- or use my squat and deadlift percentages ?
I am inclined to keep “as is” (first option above), but I would appreciate your opinions.