Advice for Super Lagging Calves?

Hey guys can anyone teach me got to grow my super lagging calf, I have been trying all methods including full motion slow reps, 25 to 30 reps for 5 sets and three times per week(will change calf workouts every times). Please help and I have used to train while on gear as well but still can’t grow.

. Here’s back view.

Last but not least, I haven’t tried using GH or any other peptides yet. I have been training my calf for 5 years and yet it never grows. Should shoot peptides in my calf to grow. Please help me guys.

You calves are underdeveloped. You know that, and everybody else knows that. Beginers should not use much variation at all for anything because their muscles are not used to adapting to stimulii yet. Your calves are going through the same thing. Try training them only twice a week, but hit them hard both times. I would say first day should be 5 sets of 8 with 72.5% E1RM, then the same exercise later in the week with 7 sets of 12 with 60% E1RM. Add anywhere from 5-10 lbs to your E1RM after a week where both were successful, or add 2-5% of your E1RM following the same rules. Don’t worry about going slowly. Lower yourself until you have a next to painful stretch in your calves, then press up. Negatives should be used for each rep, but don’t go slowly, as this will needlesly fatigue your calves, and you will need to use a lighter load, due to that, which causes less anabolic response.

For the record, can you tell me which calf is ‘Super Lagging’? I can’t quite tell from the photo.

1 Like

Both of the calf. I’m very depressed and I’m almost into taking anti-depressants cos of my calf. I’m working so hard for my calf but it never grows

show us a picture of your upper legs. A full leg picture. If your upper legs are also small, then the answer I would give is different from if you have huge quads and tiny calves, ya know? If your entire leg is small, the answer is probably squats and heavy carries.

Pay attention to what flipcollar said. Or you can do what I did, have a dad with calves as big as most dudes legs. Mine aren’t as big as my dad’s were but they’re still pretty huge and I only do body weight calf raises occasionally. Seriously, calves seem to be the one body part with the most obvious genetic limitations. I know guys that train them often and can’t get them big and I know other guys like me that don’t do anything and get compliments all the time. I wouldn’t stress about it too much. Instead I’d take the time you’re spending on the calf raises and do more squats, deads and carries.

English must not be your first language. When you say ‘calf’ it means one. ‘Calves’ would be the plural form of calf… In that case, what Flip said.

Jesus

4 Likes

I agree with @flipcollar …for what its worth . I have not really done jack and shit in the form of direct calve work in years . But doing squats and heavy carries on occasion have allowed me to maintain them .

stud

spot on

I have abysmal calves as well. Not so much the size, but the fact that when standing front on, no meat sticks out between my legs. Makes them look pretty embarrassing.

I haven’t considered anti depressants though…

Would be interested to hear of anyone who made their little calves a respectable size.

Quads are reasonable but I have striations if I flex

I think you got ripped off on whatever gear you bought to be honest…

Yeah I think you need to do heavy squats and heavy carries as @flipcollar said. I don’t have HUGE calves myself, but they grew when I simply gained weight. Everything grew.

I can’t really think of anyone that went from terrible calves to impressive ones.

Just push a prowler and hope for the best.

So should I go for bulker cycle with peptides like IGF 1 to grow, I really want massive calves before I die.

Trousers or implants, make a decision on one and move on with your life.

Nah I’ll rather build than implants

Your talking about using igf 1 but won’t consider implants?

What’s the point of implants, I wanted to compete anyways and I needed good calves so why not I consider any of this drugs to make it big, do u have any drug and dosages to consider bro