T Nation

Advice for Scuffed Cycle Start

Started my second cycle 200 deca /w and 500 test /on Monday well Tuesday at work coworker wrecked my thumb with a BFH. So figure shit lifting for a week or 2 at least.
Need Advice abandon cycle and start over next month or just carry on with 2 weeks of subpar gym time/ exercises and maintain blood levels

Its hard to tell what your limitations actually are. I would work out around the injury. Its going to take a few weeks for the compounds to start affecting your performance anyway.

1 Like

While the thumb is important, I could do almost all of my workouts without using one thumb, and certainly wouldn’t stop training for two weeks on cycle unless it was some sort of bloody stump. I technically don’t need it for much especially if I am using straps for pulling exercises. Pressing can be a bit more dangerous with a false grip, but plenty do it. Pretty much all leg exercises are in.

I am a bit concerned with your level of dedication to working out given you are using AAS.

2 Likes

Understandable take won’t be missing the gym just quaility will be suffering. Thanks for responses making me realise I am over thinking it.

If you can load plates on a bar, you can focus on lower body lifts. Low bar squats come to mind. I think that variation relies the least on your thumbs. Use a thumbless grip.

You can do thumbless bench but I wouldn’t recommend going heavy because you don’t want to crush your larynx with a weighted bar.

Yea straps and machines are sure to become my friends.
Also your names giving me nam flashbacks atm haha got wacked with a 4 lb sledge.

If your thumbs are so bad you can’t press, I’d wait to heal.
As said, you can use straps to pull.

1 Like