Advice for PCT? (Post Accutane Syndrome)

A big difference is often the pharmacokinetic profile. I.m. is absorbed faster. Other than that it depends. I don’t think with progesterone it would be dangerous but remember that sq injections give you lower levels as they are slower absorbing.

Also, why don’t just go i.m. ? If done right it’s completely painless and you’ll adapt quickly to doing it. Maybe take the outer quad, there you can do it yourself or let somebody do it. There’s good videos on the internet on it too. Remember to relax the muscle during it.

1 Like

I found the Progestan Dex which says it is also for subq usage, will buy it tomorrow.

I am totally fed up with everything, so i really don’t care the science of what i will take next if Prog fails. I will switch fully to lab rat style.

Im gonna try TRT+ HCG+ 2 week cycle of Trestolone.

Also, do you want to add any anti- androgenic- AR upregulator substance before me trying those?

Hell, i even thought about taking Finasteride to upregulate them, with HCG to avoid Neurosteroid crash of PFS.

That seems the last shot though. If i became suicidal. Hopefully not.

I just realized my scalp is not sensitive as before btw, PFS cases have this issue also. When i scratch my head, a feeling i used to have is not there. I used to have acne on my scalp when i was a kid, so i would scrath and play with my scalp a lot. Touching and scratching the clear spots too felt good and sensitive, so i remember the good tingly feeling of it.

It seems PAS damaged the whole epithelial tissue of mine. The skin and the genitals. I therefore assume, PAS also stopped the development of my penis… Via downregulating, changing the AR gene on my penile skin? Or am i being over the top pessimistic here? And even if fixed this issue fully, i think my penis won’t start growing to its genetical potential because it was supposed to happen 7 years ago according to the schedule plan of my genes and epigenetics?

I could only face with this possibility after accepting a possible death…

This is a dream like, cosmic joke. It just feels unreal, but it is.

No

No please don’t. If you are sensitive to accutane I would never touch another substance that’s known to cause this.

We should talk about that in detail before you jump in. Seems the plan isn’t thought through.

Good luck on the progesterone. Look that your expectations are in check.

1 Like

Hello again! So soon after the last messages i started Progesterone 50mg SubQ and added lots of supplements. A miracle happened! After 7 years of darkness, hopelessness and misery i am finally walking towards the light. Progesterone finally started to improve me, and now everything is better!

I had a mental setback after feeling good, like the 3rd week or so due to actually realizing how numb i was after having some improvements… It was a hard mental breakdown but i conquered that challenge too. I am still a bit far away from recovery, i would say generally i got from 0 to 35- 40 i would say. So, i will start with the improvements, i am gonna give all the details sorry for that:

• Faster, firmer and thicker erections. Some size is slowly returning back.
  • İncreased semen volume (Still watery but the volume is better which indicated direct healing of Prostate!)
  • Better sensivity while urinating and ejaculating. I can finally ‘‘feel’’ inside my urethra.
  • Oddly enough, my very consistent internal hemorroids disappeared! I can still feel it a bit inside but it is much smaller now.
  • I touched my prostate inside, it felt more sensitive than before.
  • I can finally feel my testicle skin area relaxing and making this nice ‘‘buzzing’’ sensation when i lay down.
  • Better sensivity to heat on penis. (Was taking hot showers and felt the overwhelming and tingly warmness of water.)
  • Better flaccid hang. Now that hourglass shape rarely happens.
  • Better control of my pelvic floor muscles.
  • I can pass gas easily again. Back then i had to force the muscles myself.
  • Orgasms sitll bad though, i think the body deals with the essential issues first. And no notable morning woods yet. Although it kinda started to happen.

The Progesterone’s AR upregulation theory seems to be true, otherwise i have no idea how Prog would increase my semen volume? I don’t think i had Allopregnanolone deficiency and that could increase the semen?

I also added B complex, Niacin with flush, Glycine, Chelated Copper, Dha- Epa, L- Citrulline to those supplements.

So, one more PAS guy named Ronnie seeing similar improvements again, with Progesterone even he is taking just 10mg. That’s also supportive.

How Prog have caused this? I think it really competes with my AR’s especially on prostate so they are upregulating themselves slowly? Only solid data i have found is that they say Prog is an anti androgen and competes with androgens for AR’s.

Would that mechanism necessarily cause an Upregulation of AR @lordgains? I said this before, i thought only low levels of hormones in the blood would cause AR upregulation… But i guess you are not sure about answering this either, so i assume AR competing substances also upregulate the AR.

So the guy who recommended me this protocol also tells me that i should start HCG again on low doses to avoid negative feedback of Prog on LH. He says HCG won’t cause any upregulation of AR. Which is logical i think, it just stimulates testicles to produce usually withing range levels of T.

However i found this conflicting study, Progesterone stimulates testosterone secretion in male rats - PubMed
But the negative feedback on LH of Prog seems like a ‘‘truth’’ as multiple studies mention it. The negative feedback actions of progesterone on gonadotropinreleasing hormone secretion are transduced by the classical progesterone receptor - PMC

So would adding 250iu 3x of HCG to this protocol be a good idea? I already bought new HCG it waits. Making a bloodtest is not very possible for me since we are in a strict lockdown now besides it gives me stress to do that stuff.

Another thing, a concern. So i realized i have serious and huge nerve damage due to years of inflammation on the prostate. Causing the surrounding important nerve network some damage which controls muscles, sensations and vessels. All of my problems can be explained like this! I talked with prostatitis cases and they have similar issues.

Uhm, so an another PAS guy who studied epigenetics told me something depressing. He said that many PFS and PAS cases who recover crashed after 18 years of age usually. So that they can ‘‘return’’ to their healthy state when recovery happens.
But im crashed just when i hit 16. While still in development stage.

So, my prostate was in development stage already. And i learned that prostate development continues til the age of 20. So i damaged the AR’s in my prostate which is essential for healthy development…

Will i ever get back the healthy cell and tissue status of my prostate after i recover? I probably lost 2 years of development on my prostate… I know i can enlarge it, size changes easily. But how about the epigenetic and ‘‘cellular state’’ of my prostate age? Will it stay like a 16 year old boys prostate like that or will it change later? So i may have still an immature prostate and nerves?

Here is an amazing article about this subject however i really don’t understand it much. It would be so good to hear your opinions on this subject. It would mean a lot for me.

So the nerves around prostate should heal completely from reports of cases and my research. I may also add HGH for that, it seems that it really heals nerves. But it will take some time, few years probably but im ok with that. I waited this all my life.

So, my plan is to stick to this protocol until it fully heals me. Maybe adding HCG after your opinions, we won’t prefer low T levels for to create the ultimate recovery state for my boddy i guess.

If my issue was only located on my prostate tissue and not on the all epithelial tissues, it seems that my only concern should be only prostate development. I learned from that very article i shared that Prostate development stops due to ‘‘maturation’’ of the androgen receptors there.

So some sort of cellular mechanism stops the prostate to develop more, i probably interfered with that and this is so scary to think of… I also have read that shrinked prostates have small number of blood vessels around it… I don’t know if i will ever regain 100% sensation of my orgasms and function back :\ So please help me out with this.

According to cases though even very severe cases report 100% healing of orgasms etc when they recover. Although they usually crash after 18. But i also remember a PAS guy who healed with RSO who crashed at 16, reported full healing although never mentioned in detail how much his orgasms and nerve health healed %.

Lack of bloodflow may have caused some damage to my penile development too but it seems i should get that loss back after i recover, since the cells or whatever should already divided inside the smooth muscle cells there.

The guy (Joe P.) who recommended me Prog also said if i had AR Down/Up Regulation on my penis tissue too, i should have experienced full ED and cold penis and soft penis issues… Like other PFS cases. Which i didn’t experience. Maybe it was a small change? I also found 2- 3 studies which state AR downregulation didn’t cause halted development on rat penis. Some other studies also saying similar things. So i covered my as* on that subject too i guess, LOL.

*‘‘However, the decrease in penile size was not associated with an accelerated or exaggerated down regulation of the androgen receptor. This finding coupled with continued growth of the normal control penises after androgen receptor down regulation suggests that cessation of penile growth may not be solely related to down regulation of the penile androgen receptor.’’ * The effects of androgen administration on phallic androgen receptor expression - PubMed

So i probably wasted a lot of time thinking about my facial features, but hey, i’ve come a long way. What a journey and trip! I wrote a long post again, so please take your time Lordgains. Thanks. Oh, one more thing, you mentioned testicle size increase with HCG above baseline, did that stick? Is it still bigger than before after HCG, cuz i may also have lost on average 3ml of testicle development. They are still small although seems a bit bigger after Prog and supplements better bloodflow i guess.

I guess that’s it for now. I am really grateful that i have finally found something which works for me. So happy. Feels like a miracle, YEAH!!

1 Like

Good to hear you are improving. As I said, it’s trial and error, but it’s great that something worked. Also cool that you are keeping this thread updated for future cases like yours.

I’m still very busy and couldn’t manage to read through all the papers off your last post.

I’m trying to get the one you posted above read until Sunday and give you an opinion.

@Coopper How are you doing now man?

I’ve read your story on multiple forums now. Good to hear that you’ve found something the worked for you. Hopefully it still does.

Unfortunately, I’m in a similar situation you are/were in. Took accutane for 4 months and messed up my body and my hormones. Basically my issues are too low DHT and free testosterone, and too high estrogen. My testosterone, LH and FSH itself is also low normal range. SHBG is quite OK i think. I suspect that my androgen receptors are also not responding to stimulus from in and outside my body. Tried various supplements, diets, weightlifting etc. All the stuff you basically find on propeciahelp except for hormonal drugs.

Looking at my symptoms I experience low/no libido, erectile dysfunction (although I do get morning wood, but it’s different that pre accutane still), puffy nipples (gyno) and it seems my testicles are losing its fullness.

I want to try progesteron now and hope to finally recover after 1.5 years being in this mess (not as long as you, but I want to avoid that of course). How long did you use the stuff or how long do you plan to use it? And did you end up taking it orally, cream, or with injections?

I’m also interested to try it together with HCG to regain my testicular fullness. Do you think that is possible without surpressing my natural body’s hormone production? This is a question to others on this forum. Also, with my already existing gyno and high estrogen symptoms, will I avoid making those symptoms any worse?
@lordgains maybe you have more information on this :slight_smile:

Indeed I have some for you.

HCG itself isn’t suppressive but it makes your body produce more testosterone and estradiol which are both suppressive. Do it long enough and you’ll need Post cycle therapy except for you being hypogonadal.

If HCG works it will increase estrogen together with T so it could make gyno worse but it doesn’t have to. To prevent it, take tamoxifen at 10-20 mg per day.

Maybe I can share my recent blood tests as well:

TSH 1.9 mU/L (Ref. 0.40-4.0)

Free T4 15.4 pmol/L (Ref 10.0-22.0)

LH 3.39 IU/L (Ref. 1.20-7.80)

FSH 4.86 IU/L (Ref. 1.40-15.4)

Estradiol 210 pmol/L (Ref. 37-184)

Testosteron 15 nmol/L (Ref. 8.4-29)

SHBG 22.2 nmol/L (Ref. 6.0-85.0)

Free Testosteron 0.393 nmol/L

Bioavailable testosteron 8.8 nmol/L

DHEA-sulfate 11.1 umol/L (Ref. 3.4-16.7)

DHT 0.73 nmol/L (Ref. 0.91-3.19)

Prolactin 242 mU/L (Ref. 11-424)

Progesteron 2.34 nmol/L (Ref. 0.00 - 6.26)

Vitamin D 95 nmol/L

How do you guys here interpret these results?

Thanks for your reply!

I am not planning on taking it too long and also want to start with a small dose and see how that affects me.

Small question: does the progesterone in combination with HCG not counter the estrogenic effects? I’d rather avoid stuff like tamoxifen, clomid, arimidex etc. because of the side effects I hear from them.

No it won’t. Tamoxifen is not associated with a lot of side effects. Arimidex only if you take too much. Clomid, you’ll get emotional.

Hey coopper, hope you are doing well. Trying to get back to you tomorrow or the day after and take a dive into the studies you posted.

1 Like

Usually with G protein coupled receptors, antagonists up-regulate receptors. With nuclear receptors like ARs it is not that black and white but without knowing I would expect it. The studies we discussed above show that it is tissue dependent what happens.

Yes, progesterone inhibits LH secretion even after stimulation through GnRH. HCG would therefore be a good idea.

I think healthy T levels are a necessity to feel optimal. The question would be what your levels on Progesterone are, but I guess you could need HCG.

For me, on Tamoxifen testicle size increased slightly. I have relatively big balls anyways so maybe for some it is more pronounced. It didn’t stick after cessation.

Now to the interpretation of the study you sent.

This one:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221438821930102X?fbclid=IwAR1oK4N6DeCdwsbFz5gm84BhuMPixyZIxBnpQsBrbObZtPdkxbVXw5EtHDs

The AR is a transcription factor that mediates the effects of androgens in concert with a number of, often tissue specific, co-factors

So far so good. That’s what we discussed earlier, different tissue, different cofactors.

Together, these data indicate that DHT is required for complete development of the adult prostate. Androgen availability, AR expression, and 5α-reductase activity all serve critical roles in prostate development.

The strong activation of the AR during puberty induces adult development of the prostate.

The next part of the study just discusses what I’ve wrote a few posts above about the function of the AR.

I wanted to write out all of the studies proposals but after reading it, I don’t think there’s much to be gained from that. The study mentions the interaction of AR with FoxO1 and I think this is more of a sensical direction.

I find this more interesting but equally as difficult to specifically target with one of the possible approaches:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4161/derm.15331

I want to emphasize, I don’t see grounds for treatment in both of these studies.

Drug finding for a condition works like this: you take a condition, find a target, search for a compound that does something to the target, try it in animals, try it in humans and then you see if it works. Sometimes you don’t even identify a target, you just apply a substance you have some reason for that it might help and there you go.
It is very very rare that fundamental research yields a cure. Fundamental research makes stuff more complicated, always. We know so little about the human body and its workings that every decade a new factor is found that complicates everything again and even more. I don’t think there is something coming out of the ramblings of these professors we read when we read these studies. Clinical studies would be nice and helpful but these papers are more a problem than anything else if we look from a treatment perspective.

So, hello, im back.

I will keep this post as minimal as possible without diving too deep into details, im writing this very late at night.

My Progesterone protocol failed. My improvements didn’t stick, but i maybe have a tad better baseline than before. Especially with GABA increasing supplements, my mental symptoms ceased to exist.

What is next, Mifepristone. A guy in my Post- Accutane Whatsapp group healed with it. Few other patients are also on Mifepristone, one used it and he is waiting for something to happen right now.

General theory about this protocol idea relies on these things:

All-trans retinoic acid-induced hypothalamus–pituitary–adrenal hyperactivity involves glucocorticoid receptor dysregulation | Translational Psychiatry ***

Can you please take a look on these and add your comments? First one is the one study that lead to that guys recovery, he read this 2 years ago and wanted to try it out. The other two is the ones i found, about AR upregulation. Do you think Mifepristone will be strong enough to upregulate my ARs if thats the root issue on my prostate tissue?

Yeah, i have take a look on this study several times before, scary enough it talks about IGF-1. If i start to read, i will have tons of questions and my depression will kick in hard, because IGF-1 is related to my concerns about my development. So i think i won’t read it now.

If you did read it, can you please tell me, does it state Accutane changes IGF-1 expression or secretion permanently by altering Foxo1?
I still have acne, so i doubt Accutane altered my igf-1 expression? Would that be findable on blood hormone tests too? It states reduced AR transc. activity, what does that exactly mean, is it same as ‘‘downregulation’’?
**And i think this study refers to Accutanes general effect on healthy people. Those people who took this drug with no side effects. How come? Their acne’s stop forming, so there is a permanent gene expression change on their skin tissue. If Accutane can only attach to Vitamin A sensitive tissues\ tissues with Retinoid receptors, like epithelial tissues, how come they don’t have sexual symptoms like i do? Penis is an epithelial tissue, right?

Could only 3 pills altered my IGF-1 genes?

So, there is a chance that the methylation could still be on my prostate tissue solely? Considering that i didn’t have the typical PAS symtpoms like other guys have when i first ‘‘crashed.’’ They all report abrupt changes, my symptoms increased slowly over the years, i wasn’t even aware that i am losing my erection, testicle size and whatnot in the first two years of suffering. I realized them 4-6 years later. If i did have THOUSANDS of methylated genes, i would have crashed like the other people, fast, maybe?

Another news, Baylor study about PFS has been published.

I couldn’t find the full version right now. THOUSANDS of GENES up and down regulated in patients of PFS.

How is this even POSSIBLE? Thousands of genes? Just by a god damn hairloss drug? Do other people with no PFS also get these altered genetic state with Accutane or Finasteride?

Does that mean i have this same issue? I have methylated genes all over my body? On my genitalia muscles, skin, liver, bones etc.? I think the data from the study collected only from the skin of the penile tissue of PFS patients. I didn’t even know we have this many of genes. Can we see all of the affected genes just from penile skin? How about other tissues, different genes on different organs or other skin parts? If they have thousands of genes just on penile tissue, they must have thousands more on other body parts right? I am really concerned and i don’t understand anything anymore, how come i read these recovery stories. **

A guy took Tribulus in PFS group and says that he was temporarily recovered for few days. With a god damn supplement**, and he is not the only one, so i assume there must be a root gene which affects the whole gene network, like dominos? Some Dr’s and scientists in our group were also discussing this. Can you simply explain these concepts to me pls?

A guy i talked with before said that, if a gene’s expression- fold changes, it will start to create an unhealthy RNA strings which will end up with badly expressed DNA?! I remember this much, is that true?

Because of methylated genes, did my body end up with lack of proteins and cells therefore developing less than my potential DNA? Lack of penile or bone or muscle development? Can you please help me to understand this.

In theory is it possible to fix my development back to normal if i change the whole root cause and recover, will my body run a late recovery program about my RNA strings and fix my DNA expression? I did really stop thinking about past and development topics, but after seeing that thousands of affected genes, i couldn’t stay without diving into that topic again…

:\ I can’t stop thinking that i affected thousands of GENES in my body when i was just a young kid, at the age of 16… It is too much. Probably it stopped my testicle and penile development? Thousands of genes, sound just too much, can you please explain it why that means?

Does metyhylated genes really create lack of proteins and stops development- health of the affected organs? I have keep seeing recovery stories, even today a guy told me he recovered %85 just with time and healthy life. So the human body does know how to revert things back? The situation should be not that bleak. Another guy on raypeat again, recovered with 6 months of HCG. How a one, single drug can revert thousands of genes back to normal, i guess the body has its own magical modus operandi. Why that didn’t find me, and why i keep getting worse is an another question.

Thank you for help. I asked lots of questions, i hope you can dive in a bit to every one of them. I hope Mifepristone will change things.

1 Like

I was just talking with some PFS group who includes a Dr. too.

Two guys claim that we also have AR expression changes in the bone. They say our methylated genes or AR regulations are not tissue spesific but SYSTEMIC. But they say this without any clear evidence, they assume it logically. And some PFS cases did report facial bone loss or osteoporosis. (Although i think it is not bone just fat and muscle.)

But one other PAS guy tells me that it should be tissue spesific and that thinking your ARs in your bones can change expression only with 3 doses sounds insane…

@lordgains Do you have any idea if i may also have altered ARs in my bone? So that they developed less? You mentioned it must be tissue spesific before.

I grew around an inch after having PAS, so i assume my facial bones continue to develop… And looking at young actors and their development, i don’t see any cheekbone or jaw shape changes after 18, i probably would look same if i didn’t take this drug i guess.

But still, this questions haunts me… I really wonder if my issue is tissue spesific or it includes bone, liver, muscle, brain, prostate, all over my body…

My guess is that it could still be prostate related, because when i first crashed i didn’t have any other symptoms than a bit loss of semen volume and orgasm intensity, at least i didn’t realize it… My brain seems also unaffected because i didn’t lose my libido like others.

ARs in prostate change= Prostate gets inflamed, damages nerves around= years and years go by, inflammation gets worse, nerves lose their function slowly= more symptoms start to occur.

High class papers indeed. Mifepristone has a triple mechanism of action.

First paper, I’m very excited about. That’s the reason I’m a huge fan of the new GR antagonists which are in the pipeline. Mifepristone is not optimal but the best we got right now. The GR regulating effects are well documented and clinical studies are abundant. I don’t see a problem with you trying it.

The progesterone antagonism is the opposite of the direction you went in last time. I don’t know if that will help or not.

Last study seems to be only during development. I don’t know how well this applies to you.

You are going guinea pig anyways, so as long as the down side isn’t very bad, you can do it. Downsides from mifepristone if done right are t so bad as a man. But I’ve never seen one take it in praxis.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, i hope you will get back to my other questions too (more about worries and the stuff about RNA, ARs etc.)

Something happened i have found a study.

They included a chart arrr

So i hope im not wrong, but it talks about AR content. But they included the fold change, i jumped on them being expression changes due to ‘‘fold change’’ mostly used about gene expression stuff.

Keep in mind on some patients fold change was NEGATIVE!! How is that possible, our bodies are so unique? That is weird. How it can vary like that.

So this study means, it only increases AR in those areas but the epiegenetic coding stays same? So more unhealthy ARs are going to be produced? Can this be still helpful?

I am switched to Test Cyp. Test P was too painful.

Btw, do normal people also get ‘‘fold changes’’

I am trying to understand if my TRT trial was a good idea or not for me as PAS seems downregulated AR.

On the other hand PFS people heal with strong steroids and TRT. So i assume there must be a ‘‘tipping’’ point where androgens first cause AR upregulation, then with more usage, it starts to go back?! How can we explain this.

Thanks. I think im gonna try to see if TRT can fix the ARs on my prostate?

Im also on HGH 6iu EOD and oh man, this is cherry on top!

Im not sure what “stimulation” means tho.

I’m currently a PAS suffer as well. Took accutane twice (age 16 and now age 20). Currently suffering the hormonal impact it has for approx. 6 months now.

Utilized a PCT of HCG + HMG and clomid; it’s success only lasted 1.5 months later then diminished.

I’m currently looking to start TRT; since i was lead to believed it was the only solution to bring my body back to normal BUT, i am following to see how @Coopper ‘s treatment goes !

1 Like

I did E2, Free T and IGF-1 bloodtest today, will share results.

@lordgains I just want to ask a quick question.

So i was summing up all we know about PFS and PAS in our whatsapp group.

• Melcangi measured 5AR1 and 5AR2 on CFS and Blood. Blood was normal, they found out that half of the PFS patients have methylated 5AR2 gene in CFS. No tests on AR, sadly.

• Baylor found out that the RNA level of AR gene expression was altered as well as thousands of other genes taken from penile skin samples of PFS patients.

• Two guys in a forum did AR binding and AR mutation tests. It was a blood DNA sample i guess. The binding capacity of AR gene was normal %87. No mutations or deletions were found.

• So we can test our blood, CFS neurosteroids and gene expression, tissue spesific gene expressions, tissue spesific gene expression on protein level- but i don’t think this will turn out healthy because the expression of the gene itself (prior step) is changed. So we already know the issue.

• An Accutane study i have read shows 5AR1 gene fold change on normal people due to usage of the drug for 8 weeks, i took just 3 pills but yeah, none of the millions of other people who took that don’t have the issues i have. Luckily, there is no IGF-1 or GH changes on the chart. Just IGFBP3, 5 and 6.

So i have few questions:

• Is methylation and gene expression is the same thing? I think they are different, methylation causes genes to express themselves differently, but why we use two terms as if they are the same thing, i would like to know a clear distinction between the two.

• You mentioned earlier that the gene expression changes, my problems, must be tissue spesififc. You said that ‘‘Every tissue responds differently…’’
    A guy who studied medicine in our group says that the expression changes of, let’s say AR gene must be ‘‘systemic’’ rather than tissue spesific.

Although he also clearly said that the changes occur on a tissue spesific manner, he thinks that every highly androgen dependent organ and tissue is affected. So nearly all over the body in the end.

What do you think? Does this mean that we necessarily have a systemic methylation of AR gene all over the body? (Many organs and tissues are dependent on androgens…) Or i may still have it just solely on my prostate? And not on bones etc. I just want my bones to be healthy, i stopped caring about the rest lol! I would like to know how gene expression affects DNA and the relevance between methylation…

• Do bones need proteins to proper modelling and growth? So let’s say AR gene expression creates unhealthy RNA strings which results in lack of protein synthesis, does it affect bone growth?

• There is also a theory about how Accutane works, upregulating Foxo1 and P53, causing IGF-1 expression and AR gene expression downregulation!! I shared it already above. But that was just a ‘‘theory’’ they didn’t prove it in the study. And, i still have oily skin and acne. Other PAS cases i talk with report, dry skin, acne disappearance…
    My ARs or IGF-1 must be working normal and healthy, at least on my skin. LoL, i just wanted to get rid of my acne and that didn’t change, but my sexual health changed, what a joke huh!?

• Lastly, if TRT fails to work for me, im thinking to try Bicalutamide, anyone knows if it can upregulate AR expression, or am i just playing games with myself in the dark? I couldn’t find any studies clearly stating that it causes that effect. Only implicit hints exist.

Thanks.

Methylation means there are CH3 groups being attached to the histones or to the DNA bases directly. It means the base pairs themselves are changed by enzymes. These changes lead to an enhanced or decreased readability of the genes and therefore prevent or increase the translation and expression of these genes (usually they prevent it).

Gene expressions is just the process of a gene being transcribed into mRNA and then translated into the protein.

So:

Methylation = modification of the DNA

Expression = Transcription and translation of the DNA

They don’t have to be systemic. They can be tissue specific. But who knows what the fuck is going on there. It’s all speculation on my part.

1 Like