Advice for Older Lifter, What to Add to TRT?

I agree it’s high but it’s dr prescribed and it’s where I feel the best at , is it safe long term I’m not sure but my doc likes what my blood work looks like as far as my son I’ve explained exactly why I go to the dr and also the dangers of steroids and the long term implications of using them as for what u consider steroids or abuse is up to u

How did you determine that?

Ballpark estimate to test levels that a 16 year old likely has. That, combined with sky high GH levels tends to lead to a LOT of muscle gain for relatively little effort > similar to TRT+ dose growth rate.

It’s not scientifically accurate, just an easy way to explain why a son’s father shouldn’t be engaging in even more AAS use.

1 Like

Do you think he will listen to your words, or your actions? Not trying to be “that guy”, but it’s worth mentioning. We dont need to continue this part of the conversation - you will parent how you see fit.

I mean sure, to an extent. If I’m on TRT of 250mg Test, 200mg Deca, 50mg Var and 6IU HGH, does that mean I’m abusing steroids? Even if they were prescribed?

I get what you’re saying, but you’re taking a TRT dose that is 20% above the normal cutoff for TRT, and even 200mg/wk is subjective. Now you’re saying you want to add more…?

As I stated earlier I’ve been on trt for 20 + years due to some pretty shitty stuff , I’ve dealt with the embarrassment and depression that comes along with starting at such an early age or the humiliation of telling ur girlfriend or wife that u are on trt at 20 so for u to act all high and mighty and suggest that I would encourage my son to abuse steroids is utterly ridiculous

Likely? No. Possible? Yeah but quite few.

https://pediatric.testcatalog.org/show/TTST

TT would peak near 18 to 20 yr old.

1100 ng/dl TT level in a 16 year old would be truly up there!

I understand what you are trying to say though. Thanks for explaining your train of thought.

1 Like

I didn’t say you were encouraging him, i implied he’s likely to follow in your footsteps (something you probably want, right?) and that taking more enhancement isn’t going to set the right example IMO. I’m not going to debate you on your parenting style, i just thought it was worth noting. Your welcome to take offense to it, but none was intended.

I already advised what you could take that would help you specifically achieve what you’re looking for, and it’s all quite reasonable to take (compared to something like 200mg Deca for “TRT”).

Bump

1 Like

LOL. The internet has destroyed kids’ minds and expectations. I am asked how much “tren” I take by 13-15 yr olds on a semi-regular basis at the gym. The question comes with the word “Bro” attached. I politely try to educate them but I guess Test just isn’t sexy enough. Everyone has to hop on tren at 16 evidently according to social media to get those big gains.

Approaching someone older like this would have been unheard of 30 years ago and get you a decent chiding or perhaps an occasional androgen induced beating at the gym :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t go higher with Test / AAS doses unless it was for a brief period of time (like a blast). It is a personal decision that involves your risk / reward calculations.

For me, in a long term context (TRT / cruise), once I am maxed out on how high I am comfortable going with the Test dose, I’d add HGH next since my IGF-1 labs have all been at the very bottom of the range. This wouldn’t make sense if you had middle to top of the range values for IGF-1 or HGH.

If I am thinking short term, I’d do a blast (a cycle but instead of coming off, going back to TRT doses), but only if I thought I could maintain the muscle on my TRT / cruise dose. This eliminates any really large dose blasts. Something like 2.5-3.5X my cruise dose, and I like to add in a mild oral towards the end.

1 Like

I am still unsure of the OP’s mean TT/FT level during the week. “Arm” injection is the wildcard in my mind.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out.

@Cfroyal1 this is what i was getting at. Teens are already in a ridiculously compromised position regarding steroids, and having parents (particularly a father) who can steer them in the right direction helps a lot. It’s hard to parent in a “do as i say, not as i do” manner.

Every form of social media your son is on is plastered with kids not much older than him showing that you can put on 40lbs lean tissue in 2 years with steroids. They are the magic cure with no consequences to most kids that age.
This is all I was trying to say. Do what you will.

1 Like

I get what ur saying and I agree , I’m gonna disagree with u on my dose being abuse though . I have tried as low 100 mg a week , I’ve done every dosing schedule known to man . This is where I get symptom relief , which in my case means anxiety . I know u disagree but there’s no way testosterone isn’t healthier than Xanax or ssris . 240 mg twice weekly is my sweet spot , no anxiety, good sex drive and good erections sorry if u consider that abuse but when u have been doing this as long as I have this is called relief

2 Likes

Could have worded my original question better , something like bpc 157 or another peptide is more along the lines of what I was interested in

120 mg twice weekly? 240 mg/week?

5 mg daily escitalopram really helped my anxiety/panic.

120 mg twice weekly , tried it along with Zoloft , Paxil u name it , side effects with every one of them

1 Like

I am glad you found a solution for you. Panic/anxiety is hell.

Only thing that has worked , living with anxiety is awful and if I lose a few years to enjoy right now then so be it , I’m taking care of myself the best way I know how and get regular checkups and bloodwork done but screw living in a state of panic

Just an FYI, many other steroids can increase anxiety. I wouldn’t dabble with those ones personally as someone who is prone to anxiety.

1 Like

Look into the different ones available and see which ones have the benefits you’re looking for. BPC-157 is ideal for recovery and injury recovery. Other ones can help with sexual stuff if you want to give them a look.

Many have overlapping benefits so it’s hard for us to pick one for you.

Thanks I’m gonna do that

1 Like