Advice for Mass and Big Gains

Hello guys! I have search alot and still dont find a straight answer. So hopefully you guys will help me here!
My goal is to get mass
So how should i exercise?
I have read to do some supersets, also dropsets. One thing for sure is to keep adding weight after each set. But my question is

What would be the best training method to gain mass??
How many reps? How heavy(not weight, i mean heavy til failure or reps)?
How many times a week to train and what muscle to work with what muscle?
All help and experiance will help!
Thank you guys!

[quote]recopadof15 wrote:
Hello guys! I have search alot and still dont find a straight answer. So hopefully you guys will help me here!
My goal is to get mass
So how should i exercise?
I have read to do some supersets, also dropsets. One thing for sure is to keep adding weight after each set. But my question is

What would be the best training method to gain mass??
How many reps? How heavy(not weight, i mean heavy til failure or reps)?
How many times a week to train and what muscle to work with what muscle?
All help and experiance will help!
Thank you guys![/quote]

This is hilarious.

Bro, you’re already planning your 2nd cycle!

Jesus, what is wrong with some people? dt79 nice finding that other thread! Cannot believe OP has already done a cycle and yet is asking the most basic training advice (not to mention doing a cycle to go from 145lbs to 160lbs)

What happened to people working their ass off until they had a strong base level of strength and size before even entertaining the thought of taking PED’s???

OP my main advice would be don’t start your second cycle, instead sort our everything else (nutrition, routine, sleep etc) and then 3-5 years minimum down the line you can start to consider juicing. I’m far from an expert but even I know this shit is dumb as fuck.

Because people like this guy have not seen those who have screwed themselves up by their mid thirties by becoming completely reliant on perpetually increasing amounts of gear as they never learned to eat and train properly from the start.

There are sooo many good beginner routines out there, it’s ridiculous. If I were you and about to start the whole fun ride again, I’d do this:

Starting Strength for 3-9 months, eat a lot
Mass Made Simple for six weeks, eat even more
5/3/1 or Westside for Skinny Bastards, still eat enough

There you go. If you manage to stick to these programs and eat enough (stop asking about egg whites, you need CALORIES), you will be at least 30 pounds heavier without using gear.

I can’t even begin to understand a mind that would think “I need steroids” before “I need to know how to lift weights”. You have problems that are way above my pay grade to fix.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
I can’t even begin to understand a mind that would think “I need steroids” before “I need to know how to lift weights”. You have problems that are way above my pay grade to fix.[/quote]
Same here, but it reminds me a lot of the “I need Adderall” instead of “I need to learn to study” people. Different drugs, same idea.

On the other hand, this guy seems like he maybe kinda sorta actually wants to learn how to lift.

My goal is to get mass[/quote]

Are you serious?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
I can’t even begin to understand a mind that would think “I need steroids” before “I need to know how to lift weights”. You have problems that are way above my pay grade to fix.[/quote]
Same here, but it reminds me a lot of the “I need Adderall” instead of “I need to learn to study” people. Different drugs, same idea.

On the other hand, this guy seems like he maybe kinda sorta actually wants to learn how to lift.[/quote]

Lol, he kinda sort needs to learn how to use the search function…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

On the other hand, this guy seems like he maybe kinda sorta actually wants to learn how to lift.[/quote]

Lol, he kinda sort needs to learn how to use the search function…[/quote]

True. But I feel like “please spoonfeed me lifting info” is [very very tiny] step in the right direction.

I have search alot and still dont find a straight answer.[/quote]
I simply don’t believe that. There is no possible way you could search a lot and still haven’t found an answer about how to train for size. Maybe you found “too much” info and felt overwhelmed. But there’s no way you found no info.

First you need to realize how thoroughly embarrassed you should feel for weighing 145 pounds and deciding to do a 14-week steroid cycle before asking for training/nutrition advice. That was, literally, probably the worst decision you could’ve made in that situation. And it’s why you got pretty poor results.

Question: How were you training for the last 14 weeks? I mean the days, exercises, sets, and reps. And what has your eating looked like, what was an average day?

Other than that, I’d use this to setup your nutrition (ignore the “hardgainer” term, focus on the info):

If you nail your nutrition, it almost won’t matter which training program you follow. If you fuck up your nutrition plan, then you won’t get anywhere, with or without more steroids.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Lol, he kinda sort needs to learn how to use the search function…[/quote]

True. But I feel like “please spoonfeed me lifting info” is [very very tiny] step in the right direction.[/quote]

I suppose. I guess I expect a little more effort from a 30 year old.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

True, I’ll put my grumpy old man hat away for a minute, and ignore the ridiculous steroids use.

“If you get a pump with a heavy weight, you shall grow” Pavel Tsatsouline.

In the real world, what that means is find a proven mass building program and diet approach. The diet approach outlined by Chris above is a good one, I’m also a fan of this one by Nate Miyaki as a general approach to diet:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/7_steps_to_a_flexible_diet

In terms of training, there are many out there to follow. My favourite for beginners would be Mass Made Simple by Dan John or 5/3/1 Boring but Big.

Good starting point: Mass - Wikipedia Will definitely help you get mass.

531 bbb is not a beginner routine IMO
You get more volume with other methods, and the weights would be ridiculous. 5x10 with 50% of a Max=200lb bench (which is more like low intermediate) ? Embarrassing

[quote]tontongg wrote:
You get more volume with other methods, and the weights would be ridiculous. 5x10 with 50% of a Max=200lb bench (which is more like low intermediate) ? Embarrassing[/quote]

You are labelling and nit picking and you don’t understand the philosophy of 5/3/1

Night gave him a good one year+ program.

Well my eating habits is not so good! Thats why i tryed some juice. I cant get a good meal schedule nor a gd sleep schedule. I sleep when i have time and i eat when i have time time of day.
At the moment im flat benching 185 X10
Leg press 875 x10
Dead lifting 315 x10
Squating 225 x10
and back i would say is my strongest muscle
Im training for mass as i have read everywhere. HEAVYY and im doing so, i still havent push my self to failure becouse im not trying to injure my self if i can deadlift 315 10 times im sure i can push it more 6 times, but im going slow as im getting stronger.
I know how to exercise probably didnt explain my self clear. Im just asking what would be the best way to gain mass faster, what type of exercise and reps?
I basically do 3 set of every exercise doing x12 add weight x10 add weigh and x8 but if i can ill push it to x10 and most cases i go to 10. So is like 12 10 10 not counting warm ups. Also doing 5 exercises for each muscle group.
I just came back from the gym and ill describe my work out today
Warm up
Flat bench 115 x 12, 135 x10, 185 x10
Incline same weight same reps
Decline 115 x12, 135 x10, 155 x10
Flys with 25 dumbells x12, 30 dumbells x10, 35 dumbells x 8
and one machines that works for the middle i reallty dont remember the name
then i jump to tricep 4 exercises 12/10/8 really heavy but still not failure

Well my eating habits is not so good! Thats why i tryed some juice. I cant get a good meal schedule nor a gd sleep schedule. I sleep when i have time and i eat when i have time time of day. [/quote]

This is exactly why I told you to stay off the drugs. You are not using them. You are fucking dependant on them. How will you maintain 185lbs off cycle if you can’t eat enough to get past 140lbs naturally? Are you going to stay on forever and carry around 25lbs of bloat?

[quote]At the moment im flat benching 185 X10
Leg press 875 x10
Dead lifting 315 x10
Squating 225 x10
and back i would say is my strongest muscle

Im training for mass as i have read everywhere. [/quote]

Read? By the time you start a cycle, you should KNOW from experience.

If you have enough experience under the bar naturally, you would more or less KNOW how close to failure you can push yourself with heavy weights. But if you only learn this on cycle and you try pushing the same limits while not running deca, you will injure yourself.

[quote]I know how to exercise probably didnt explain my self clear. Im just asking what would be the best way to gain mass faster, what type of exercise and reps?
I basically do 3 set of every exercise doing x12 add weight x10 add weigh and x8 but if i can ill push it to x10 and most cases i go to 10. So is like 12 10 10 not counting warm ups. Also doing 5 exercises for each muscle group.
I just came back from the gym and ill describe my work out today
Warm up
Flat bench 115 x 12, 135 x10, 185 x10
Incline same weight same reps
Decline 115 x12, 135 x10, 155 x10
Flys with 25 dumbells x12, 30 dumbells x10, 35 dumbells x 8
and one machines that works for the middle i reallty dont remember the name
then i jump to tricep 4 exercises 12/10/8 really heavy but still not failure[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with your workout. Your inexperience and over-reliance on drugs is the problem.

Here is an unfortunate fella who pushed his luck too far:

Earlier post under a different username:

165lbs bodyweight. Went up to 2g of anabolics in 2 years.

He may not even have gotten the correct diagnosis from doctors because he kept selectively parting with information to different parties. He also decides to self-medicate because he thinks doctors know nothing. You think it’s only your HPTA that can potentially get screwed up?

You are already planning to double your dose from your 1st cycle. Don’t be a fucking moron.

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]tontongg wrote:
You get more volume with other methods, and the weights would be ridiculous. 5x10 with 50% of a Max=200lb bench (which is more like low intermediate) ? Embarrassing[/quote]

You are labelling and nit picking and you don’t understand the philosophy of 5/3/1

Night gave him a good one year+ program.[/quote]

Indeed I believe that 5/3/1 monthly periodization is for stronger dudes but you can enlighten me. I’d simply much rather do some madcow in order to get stronger at his level

By the way there is nothing wrong with the bench+incline+decline+flyes+whichever machine except that it is ridiculous