Advice for Getting Huge and Ripped?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

Based on this and your other posts, you rely too much on other people to support you and guide you. While those things are nice, YOU still have to do the work. That includes learning about this.[/quote]

Dude, no offense, but you have a massive post count and a very average physique. How can you give so much advice?

I agree that you are over analyising. Just do what everyone says, its not rocket science. I’m a beginner, I read the stickies, I got a good recommended program, I ate clean food, I went to the gym often, I slept, I gained 25lbs with no noticable fat gain in 5 months. There is no secret, all the big guys do pretty much the same thing, but they are consistent with it and they stick at it.

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

Based on this and your other posts, you rely too much on other people to support you and guide you. While those things are nice, YOU still have to do the work. That includes learning about this.[/quote]

Dude, no offense, but you have a massive post count and a very average physique. How can you give so much advice?
[/quote]

If you wanna critique me, take it to PM. Otherwise don’t hijack the thread.

EDIT: regarding post count. Have you heard of asking questions, or posting in GAL?

[quote]PederLustzo wrote:

1. Train as often as you can. 5 times a week is minimum if you want to call whatever you do overtraining.
    [/quote]

fixed

Training 5 times a week always causes overtraining? Really?

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:
I agree that you are over analyising. Just do what everyone says, its not rocket science. I’m a beginner, I read the stickies, I got a good recommended program, I ate clean food, I went to the gym often, I slept, I gained 25lbs with no noticable fat gain in 5 months. There is no secret, all the big guys do pretty much the same thing, but they are consistent with it and they stick at it.[/quote]

I definitely need to know exactly how you did it. Because I think I WILL GAIN FAT, a noticeable amount too.

[quote]vcjha wrote:

I definitely need to know exactly how you did it. Because I think I WILL GAIN FAT, a noticeable amount too. [/quote]

I eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables, its boring but you won’t put on too much excessive fat. I have always been slim, so my fat gain is probably going to be different to yours. Like I said, there is no secret, just eat well and stick at it. If you are gaining fat and not muscle then you probably aren’t training hard enough or you have a poor diet. I often fell like throwing up after most exercises, then I go home and eat plain chicken breasts, greens and and drink whole milk till I feel sick.

Don’t give your body a reason to add a great deal of bodyfat, and it won’t.

If you are training hard enough, eating based on your goals and performance, and doing cardio regularly, then there is no reason you should wind up gaining a whole bunch of jelly.

stuff your face and follow 5/3/1

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:

[quote]PederLustzo wrote:

1. Train as often as you can. 5 times a week is minimum if you want to call whatever you do overtraining.
    [/quote]

fixed
[/quote]

Please ignore this OP.

As a beginner, you can handle hitting muscle groups multiple times per week as the weights you’re lifting yet aren’t huge amounts.

I was in your boat a year ago; I’ve been using a 6 day a week program and have bade good progress on it.

Again, this program worked well for me, and may or may not for you.

Basically it’s a Push/Pull/Leg Split

Monday: Push
Tues: Pull
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Push
Fri: Pull
Sat: Legs/Lower Back
Sunday: Rest

Push days Chest, triceps, and front/side shoulder muscles are worked.

Pull days lat, trap, rear delt, other upper back muscles, and biceps are worked.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[/quote]

If you wanna critique me, take it to PM. Otherwise don’t hijack the thread.

EDIT: regarding post count. Have you heard of asking questions, or posting in GAL?[/quote]
good idea.

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

I definitely need to know exactly how you did it. Because I think I WILL GAIN FAT, a noticeable amount too. [/quote]

I eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables, its boring but you won’t put on too much excessive fat. I have always been slim, so my fat gain is probably going to be different to yours. Like I said, there is no secret, just eat well and stick at it. If you are gaining fat and not muscle then you probably aren’t training hard enough or you have a poor diet. I often fell like throwing up after most exercises, then I go home and eat plain chicken breasts, greens and and drink whole milk till I feel sick.[/quote]
Do your chicken breasts taste like paper? If they do, blech. If they dont, there’s one more thing I GOTTA KNOW: how do you make plain chicken taste good? grill it longer, shorter, use a foreman, ?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Don’t give your body a reason to add a great deal of bodyfat, and it won’t.

If you are training hard enough, eating based on your goals and performance, and doing cardio regularly, then there is no reason you should wind up gaining a whole bunch of jelly.[/quote]

Good advice.

[quote]vcjha wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

I eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables, its boring but you won’t put on too much excessive fat. I have always been slim, so my fat gain is probably going to be different to yours. Like I said, there is no secret, just eat well and stick at it. If you are gaining fat and not muscle then you probably aren’t training hard enough or you have a poor diet. I often fell like throwing up after most exercises, then I go home and eat plain chicken breasts, greens and and drink whole milk till I feel sick.[/quote]
Do your chicken breasts taste like paper? If they do, blech. If they dont, there’s one more thing I GOTTA KNOW: how do you make plain chicken taste good? grill it longer, shorter, use a foreman, ?[/quote]

spices! i like chili pepper or oregano. i also like soy sauce. season and grill em.

[quote]vcjha wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

Do your chicken breasts taste like paper? If they do, blech. If they dont, there’s one more thing I GOTTA KNOW: how do you make plain chicken taste good? grill it longer, shorter, use a foreman, ?[/quote]

Eat the thighs and legs along with the breast meat.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Training 5 times a week always causes overtraining? Really?[/quote]

Not at all. But saying the absolute minimum is five times per week? Meaning 6 or 7 times per week is even more desireable? Doesn’t sound like a good way to teach a someone to train.

You hear it from beginers all the time, they think training all out, everyday will get them results faster. They don’t realize the importance of rest.

God breast meat… sigh. Terrible terrible things.

Anyways, you might want to look into what FattyFat did for himself. He’s said in his thread on Alpha that he has a massive propensity to gain fat… I won’t try to describe what he did, because honestly, it goes over my head.

Though, to be honest, I think you just need to get past the whole “I’ll get super fat” thing. I think it might be all in your head lol.

[quote]vcjha wrote:

I just use the microwave because its easy. You sound like you want this all to come easily to you. Eating a lot of clean food is just not that enjoyable unfortunately. Forcing yourself to the gym when you’d rather not go is not fun either. Just do what you know you have to do. Why do you think so few people have truly impressive physiques? because its easy? You are not a special case, you obviously just lack commitment and consistency. Deal with those two things and you will have a better body, fact.

[quote]actionboy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

spices! i like chili pepper or oregano. i also like soy sauce. season and grill em. [/quote]

Haha you like things salty eh? Not me. Matter of fact, the reason I was somehow able to stomach paper chicken and steak day in day out(I wish I could do that again. Probably be better for my results aha) is the reason I don’t things with salt or very little salt. which also means I don’t like french fries LOL.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:

Eat the thighs and legs along with the breast meat.
[/quote]
Bone, I’m not as rich as you haha.