Advice for Getting Huge and Ripped?

I know that I’m probably one of the worst posters on the forum, but I consider myself one of the lowest of the beginners too. Thing is, I have finally realized that I gain fat so easily is because I probably don’t have enough muscle to start with.

Also, it’s been noted very clear that 1.: At my size, if I seem to be gaining fat, I must be doing something VERY WRONG. 2. It is absolute heresy to be at my size with 2 years of training, which means I also been have been doing things wrong. 3.: I do not have enough experience under my belt to ask CT anything.

Now, with that said, I know I have said before that I would start RFL, but those 3 things is why I’ve decided not to go through with it, that and I now have the financial means to bulk again(: I’m posting today and starting today as if I’ve never stepped into the realm of bodybuilding. I will listen to anyone, and hopefully I won’t run into any dumb advice.

There are two things I have kept with this mindset though: 1. Any program I will follow has CT’s perfect rep in mind. 2. Supplements to me are just SUPPLEMENTS. Everything comes from diet and training, so I hope I don’t get advice from people who take a good number of Biotest supplements or anaconda.

Now, what I’m hoping to achieve: QUALITY MASS, not looking for ripped, but also don’t want to be one of those people who has no definition. I’m looking to get HUGE, that way I don’t have to care about what size I lose when cutting, long as I’m bigger than I was before at the end.

Training wise and diet wise, like I said, I’m a complete baby when it comes to bodybuilding, save those two conditions. I’m down for simplicity, but I need more than eat good and clean and alot, lift, and sleep. It can be simple, but I don’t want to have to question it. i.e.: how much meat should I eat and what kind of carbs should I stick to, how many reps. These are things I need to know before I start.

I know everyone’s gonna say, “Figure it out yourself.” But like I said, I’m a baby right now and I need guidance. I’m not looking to be stupid or waste anyone’s time. A few links to websites will be fine. Also, keep in mind, I’m not ready for anything advanced such as carb cycling, refeeds, and what not.

I will always stick to TMuscle as much as I ridicule it sometimes for the heated posts and what not because even though TMuscle is seen as a heavy marketer, the people on TMuscle(most of them) are serious and EXTREME BODYBUILDERS. We don’t give a fuck about what what science says about our genetic limitations, we train HARD, but when it comes down to it, we TRAIN SMART.

At times, I hate the support I get, but no other forum has such dedicated posters that post throughout the day. After saying all the above, I really hope to get some help, but above all I ask for one very important thing: if you do help me, which I greatly appreciate, I beg that I be able to keep in touch with you through posts and P.M.s, for both advice and accountability.

I found out that when you have people who care about you reaching your goal and calling you out, it’s not that they’re cheering you on, but more like it gives you motivation and most importantly, NO EXCUSES. I hope to get some responses and I’m ready to start learning (:

P.S., when I feel I’m on the right track, and have enough experience, I also hope to start posting to help others and participate more actively on the forum. Thanks to every who helps.

Ok, I hear what you’re saying, and you seem pretty sincere so I’ll do my best to give simple advice.
You need to eat a lot of quality foods. Chicken, steak, lean protein sources. Carbs: potatoes, rice, etc, and healthy fats. But almost more importantly than that, you need to just eat a lot of food period. Pizza is your friend when you really need to add serious mass.

So can be burgers and such foods. When I went from 180-220 in high school, I didn’t really have a “diet,” I ate what I wanted and I ate a ton. I ate 4-6 chicken sandwiches for lunch, cookies, waffles, eggs, and tons of food for dinner. I drank protein shakes, but supplements weren’t everything at all.

I ate a shit load of food back in high school, and I attribute the base I built then entirely to that. Now, since then, I’ve cleaned up my diet, leaned down to 200 lb following high school, and have been building a leaner body, but when getting the base down, I just ate and ate and lifted.

Compound lifts are your best friend in the gym. Deadlifts, bench press, overhead presses, squats, etc…These are all what you should be creating your workouts around. In the gym, since you’re a true beginner, it’s actually pretty easy. Focus on those lifts, increase weight all the time, and you will change your physique.

I hope this is somewhat what you were looking for.

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Training wise and diet wise, like I said, I’m a complete baby when it comes to bodybuilding, save those two conditions. I’m down for simplicity, but I need more than eat good and clean and alot, lift, and sleep. It can be simple, but I don’t want to have to question it. i.e.: how much meat should I eat and what kind of carbs should I stick to, how many reps. These are things I need to know before I start.[/quote]

This statement alone indicates that bodybuilding isn’t for you since the journey is always one of trial and error. No one can layout everything for you ahead of time.

Why the hell are you including yourself in that statement?

Why don’t you start by showing respect to everyone who has already given you quality advise in your other threads and follow their recommendations.

Seriously, there’s no point for this post. As usual, you have neglected as the advice already given and are looking to be spoon fed. There is an abundance of information already available on this site. You are not special and you don’t need a special diet or training program. You simply need to act upon the information available with sufficient intensity to change your body.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Ok, I hear what you’re saying, and you seem pretty sincere so I’ll do my best to give simple advice.
You need to eat a lot of quality foods. Chicken, steak, lean protein sources. Carbs: potatoes, rice, etc, and healthy fats. But almost more importantly than that, you need to just eat a lot of food period. Pizza is your friend when you really need to add serious mass.

So can be burgers and such foods. When I went from 180-220 in high school, I didn’t really have a “diet,” I ate what I wanted and I ate a ton. I ate 4-6 chicken sandwiches for lunch, cookies, waffles, eggs, and tons of food for dinner. I drank protein shakes, but supplements weren’t everything at all.

I ate a shit load of food back in high school, and I attribute the base I built then entirely to that. Now, since then, I’ve cleaned up my diet, leaned down to 200 lb following high school, and have been building a leaner body, but when getting the base down, I just ate and ate and lifted.

Compound lifts are your best friend in the gym. Deadlifts, bench press, overhead presses, squats, etc…These are all what you should be creating your workouts around. In the gym, since you’re a true beginner, it’s actually pretty easy. Focus on those lifts, increase weight all the time, and you will change your physique.

I hope this is somewhat what you were looking for.
[/quote]

Alright thank you. So don’t care about how much carbs and protein to eat? just fucking eat? and don’t eat clean because once you start eating clean you’ll drop the pounds? makes sense. for days to lift, more is better or three a week is a good start? also, do keep in mind I’m not a true beginner. I lifted somewhat starting 7th grade, got somewhat serious since senior year. Also, looks I should just fucking lift, but what rep range should I always shoot for? thanks. I hope to keep in touch ebomb. time to eat, and straight bust those weights up as soon as possible.

Also, I do need to admit I’m at 15% bf right now, due to crap eating. So keep it somewhat clean, but just fucking eat right? I guess basically you ate a shitload of food, and then relied on building muscle to keep you looking somewhat good right?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Training wise and diet wise, like I said, I’m a complete baby when it comes to bodybuilding, save those two conditions. I’m down for simplicity, but I need more than eat good and clean and alot, lift, and sleep. It can be simple, but I don’t want to have to question it. i.e.: how much meat should I eat and what kind of carbs should I stick to, how many reps. These are things I need to know before I start.[/quote]

This statement alone indicates that bodybuilding isn’t for you since the journey is always one of trial and error. No one can layout everything for you ahead of time.

Why the hell are you including yourself in that statement?

Why don’t you start by showing respect to everyone who has already given you quality advise in your other threads and follow their recommendations.

Seriously, there’s no point for this post. As usual, you have neglected as the advice already given and are looking to be spoon fed. There is an abundance of information already available on this site. You are not special and you don’t need a special diet or training program. You simply need to act upon the information available with sufficient intensity to change your body.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I just need one to start. I’m not looking to fuck myself over before I start you know? Not looking for something perfect, but I’m starting fresh because I admit I FUCKED MYSELF OVER. I’m admitting trying to do this myself made worse off than I should have been. I am 170 lb at 5’10 with no muscle tone when I was somewhere around 185 during hs before I actually I got somewhat serious. I have absolutely no idea what I did during that time when I was 185 either.

Nope, not in any way including myself, though I believe in those things, and try to train with all the intensity I have. I am trying to respect people by posting this, to take in all their advice. Just take a look at Bone. I’m not bashing him in any way for saying fucking eat. But some guidelines would be great since I do need guidance. Yes, I’m basically asking to be spoon fed, more like led in the right direction, because after all this I still am a complete noob and led myself too far into the wrong path. There is no real goal I’m after except to be FUCKING HUGE. I’m so lost. I’m trying to salvage myself by learning from what others have to say, instead of being hard-headed analyzing everything everyone said. I’m trying to start anew and saying, “I will fuck this over if I do it myself.” I am looking for someone to lead me into the right path, but I’m willing to try trial and error, I’m not looking for someone to suddenly take me to the light at the end of the path. All I’m trying to say is that I led myself onto a path that was not going to yield any good, and do not want to listen to myself right now. So, hopefully, I can be directed to the right path.

BTW great progress. Keep it up man.

You’re overthinking everything. As pretty much a beginner myself, all I focus on is eating as much as I can afford, and working hard in the gym and so far I’ve gained 20lbs.

Your BF% might go down as you gain muscle, or at least you’ll look better what ever your % is. Stop worrying about it.

You do realize there is a sticky in the Bodybuilding forum with a concise list of threads, made by/for the most experienced members on this website, that should basically answer all your questions as to what you should do, why you should do it, and how you get bigger and stronger?

IMO it is stupid to ask such broad questions and have people spoon feed you on the forums despite the fact that there are many intelligent posters. There are countless articles that will tell you everything you need to know; come to the forums after you have read them for clarification and with specific questions and you will get some very good specific answers. And don’t just ask questions just to ask questions, if you have been a member of TMuscle for almost a year you probably already know exactly what you have to do but just do not yet have the balls to actually do it.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
You do realize there is a sticky in the Bodybuilding forum with a concise list of threads, made by/for the most experienced members on this website, that should basically answer all your questions as to what you should do, why you should do it, and how you get bigger and stronger?[/quote]

I already sent a pm, but can you please point me to these threads? I’ll start reading them now(:

How do you have 250 posts but dont know the basics of how to build muscle and lose some fat? This is an honest question. I think you should read more and post less.

vcjha wrote:
I’m down for simplicity, but I need more than eat good and clean and alot, lift, and sleep.

How can you be down for somplicity but need more than that ^^? Thats about as simple as it gets and for a beginner thats about all you need. Eat a lot of food, Heavy compound lifts and get a lot of sleep to help you recover. Thats about it

.greg.

Did you try RFL, realize how hard dieting is and decide to go back to “bulking”?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Did you try RFL, realize how hard dieting is and decide to go back to “bulking”? [/quote]

My guess is that he half-assed it if he did it at all.

Now that I think about it, he probably didn’t even start it since he suffers from paralysis by analysis.

Nope, and thanks for posting. I realized 170 lb 5’10 is pretty skinny, and I probably have no muscle to start with. So let’s try building up enough muscle before deciding to cut.

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Nope, and thanks for posting. I realized 170 lb 5’10 is pretty skinny, and I probably have no muscle to start with. So let’s try building up enough muscle before deciding to cut.[/quote]

Based on this and your other posts, you rely too much on other people to support you and guide you. While those things are nice, YOU still have to do the work. That includes learning about this.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Did you try RFL, realize how hard dieting is and decide to go back to “bulking”? [/quote]

My guess is that he half-assed it if he did it at all.

Now that I think about it, he probably didn’t even start it since he suffers from paralysis by analysis.
[/quote]

Haha one of my teachers told me about that shit. He was so concerned when he found me going over my math test three times, only to get a C on it.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Nope, and thanks for posting. I realized 170 lb 5’10 is pretty skinny, and I probably have no muscle to start with. So let’s try building up enough muscle before deciding to cut.[/quote]

Based on this and your other posts, you rely too much on other people to support you and guide you. While those things are nice, YOU still have to do the work. That includes learning about this.[/quote]

I don’t mean to argue, but I didn’t really listen to them back then. Just wanted their take, and now I’m trying to follow it. Yep, it’s gonna be hard work. And yep, I am learning.

Hi,

I ll give you some advice which probably will not be what you are looking for but still is what you should be looking at.

1. Train as often as you can. 5 times a week is minimum if you want to call whatever you do bodybuilding.
  2. Eat food. Much of it. Often. (real food, you know like meat and vegetables)
  3. Choose basic movements, write them down, stick with them for 6 month before introducing any change. Do 8 - 15 reps. Try to increase poundage as often as possible without compromising form.

→ basically what is recommended in the “bodybuilding bible” thread and what everyone did before the advent of the internet.

Here is one bonus adivse:
4. Take pictures once every month. If you don’t see a change after some times you are doing it wrong. Readread this principles and try harder.

[quote]PederLustzo wrote:
Hi,

I ll give you some advice which probably will not be what you are looking for but still is what you should be looking at.

1. Train as often as you can. 5 times a week is minimum if you want to call whatever you do bodybuilding.
  2. Eat food. Much of it. Often. (real food, you know like meat and vegetables)
  3. Choose basic movements, write them down, stick with them for 6 month before introducing any change. Do 8 - 15 reps. Try to increase poundage as often as possible without compromising form.

→ basically what is recommended in the “bodybuilding bible” thread and what everyone did before the advent of the internet.

Here is one bonus adivse:
4. Take pictures once every month. If you don’t see a change after some times you are doing it wrong. Readread this principles and try harder.[/quote]

Helpful. Thank you. Yep pictures might have to be done for the first time(good ones haha). I will probably start training 5 days, and then once I reach higher poundages, 3 days. And trust me, I do train hard. I can’t half ass my training, but it’s so easy to half-ass diet. When I’m in the gym, it’s all out for as long as I can go. I may not be able to go as heavy as you go, but I damn sure we’ll make my body feel like it. And now for the first time, all those heavy poundages that you guys do will be my goal now(: