Advice for Cardio/Conditioning, 1.5 Mile Run Test

Just use your cars odometer to measure out about 400m and go with that.

1 Like

gmap-pedometer dot com has a tool which can track your route to the nearest hundredth of a mile

Quick update-

Ran this morning for a total of 1.45 miles at 17:25 minutes.

It is bitter sweet for a first time run without walking or stopping.

My time to beat is 17:15 and my goal time will be to reach 15 minutes or less for 1.5 miles.

Looking forward to my progress, definitely feel a bit more confident with what I am capable of, and this was the first time running without any walking or stopping.

You need to learn how to push your lungs harder. If you arenā€™t already doing so, Iā€™d suggest adding short runs (quarter to half a mile) for time as well. When this mattered to me I would do .5-1 (rarely 1.5) for time 3 days a week (usually at night so it didnā€™t interfere with lifting at lunch).

Iā€™ve never been a great runner and this strategy helped me to hit and maintain a 21:45-22:10 3 mile time for about 3 years. I would only run 3 or more miles when forced to or about once a week. It was too hard on the knees and shins.

yeah, I also need to pick up the pace as I was pacing my rhythm.

Itā€™s crazy how people differ though. My boy runs at about 8.3 mph and kills 1.5 miles in 14:30 minutesā€¦

My average speed was 12 mph.

So my goal now is to at least reach 1 mile by around 8 minute mark. I think I reached a mile slightly above 11 minutes.

Iā€™ll try your suggestion as well.