Advice for Beginner w/ Indigo-3G?

Hello Everyone! I am a new comer to the forums here and am trying to figure out if a trial of using Indigo-3G is right for me.

I am a 55-year-old fitness/personal training center owner who has almost always subscribed to the High-Intensity Training philosophy of some of the bodybuilding greats like Mike Mentzer and alike. Over the past few years, I’ve unfortunately gained about 15 lbs. of fat and noticed that I can’t keep good tone in my muscles.

I’ve tried various supplements to try and improve both conditions, but they haven’t really helped. I further suspect that I have low testosterone which just complicates many other things as well.

All that said, I am curious about the Indigo-3G product. I’ve read all the literature on it here at T-Nation and am intrigued. I have a masters degree in exercise science and physiology, so it all makes a lot of sense.

My questions are as follows:

1. Will Indigo-3G work for people like me who only strength-train (not bodybuild) 3-4 times per week using HIT with brief but intense workouts?

2. Since my goal is only to lose about 15-20 lbs. and increase my muscle tone perhaps with a slight increase in muscle size, will taking Indigo-3G help me achieve this?

3. If I begin taking Indigo-3G for this purpose, would you advise less than the recommmended dose/day advocated to most body builders here at T-Nation?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Rich

thought about getting your hormone levels checked?

There are plenty of Indigo 3G users who have the same fatloss goals as yourself. I’ve been taking it for almost a year now and I honestly feel it gets better the longer I take it. I see no reason why you should take it at a lower dose. If I were you I would run a 12 cap per day dosing (full dosage) for at least 6 weeks, up to 12 weeks if you want. Then, you can drop down to only 4 to 6 caps each day in one dose before workout nutrition or before your biggest carb meal of the day.

What did you have for breakfast today?

[quote]richfarina wrote:
Over the past few years, I’ve unfortunately gained about 15 lbs. of fat and noticed that I can’t keep good tone in my muscles.[/quote]
What’s your current height and weight?

Like Paulie suggested, it’s definitely worth having a blood panel done, if possible, just to know where you actually stand.

Honest question: What’s the difference between “strength-training” and “bodybuilding” from your perspective?

What does your current training schedule look like (days, exercises, sets, and reps)?

Indigo-3G - What to Expect:

Like Ashylarry said, the standard dosing plan would be the way to go.

And, like JF asked, what exactly are you currently eating?