T Nation

Advice for Back to Back Contests (4wks Apart)?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice and/or personal experience when doing 2 bodybuilding contests, 4 weeks apart. I just competed this weekend, and I plan on doing one in a month. I had a big cheat day the day after (Sunday) but I am back on the grind with the diet. Anybody have any experience/advice they can share?

• did you maintain same amount of cardio?
  • did you try to up your daily calories?
  • Anything else??

I came in pretty well conditioned in my first contest, but would like any advice in between contests.

Of course I am not going to get bigger in one month but any experienced advice is definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you provide any pictures from your last contest? Others may be able to give better recommendations based on how full and/or lean you were during your last contest.

Sure, I felt pretty good that day. I woke up pretty lean and dry. I know I could of probably “filled out” a bit more that morning, but i was trying to make the middle weight class, and was hovering at the borderline of middleweight/light-heavy. Below is a pic:

[quote]parrao79 wrote:
Sure, I felt pretty good that day. I woke up pretty lean and dry. I know I could of probably “filled out” a bit more that morning, but i was trying to make the middle weight class, and was hovering at the borderline of middleweight/light-heavy. Below is a pic: [/quote]

Damn, your conditioning is fantastic. Maybe a super clean carb up/refeed meal once every 5-7 days something like double portion or rice and green veg. But otherwise keep doing what you’re doing.

If you really want to eek out another 1-2% I would suggest getting a phone consultation with a pro contest prep guy like John Meadows. Asking the ‘shadow pro’ in his thread won’t hurt either

Thanks rampant badger,

Yea that’s actually what I already do, I double my carbs usually Thursday’s, to get a better idea of how I would feel for a Saturday show. I went with a conservative carb approach this past contest and this time around would like to try and fill out a bit more.
I did reach out to another contest prep coach prior to my first but I just wanted help for the final week but they only offered full 16 week packages. But maybe meadows could help! Thanks for the idea