Advice for a Total Beginner!

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback from everyone, it’s a bit daunting starting out not knowing what to do but having this wealth of experience to call on is invaluable.

Yes Chris, I stuck with Starting strength. I decided (possibly stupidly) to increase the weight every second session so that’s probably why my numbers are quite low. Ok, I’ll hit the milk harder and try and get more calories in on a daily basis. I suppose it’s just bad habits of not eating much! I suppose I should be aiming for 70kg body weight as much as a 100kg squat.

Thanks again.

[quote]Chew wrote:
Thanks for the feedback from everyone, it’s a bit daunting starting out not knowing what to do but having this wealth of experience to call on is invaluable.[/quote]
No problem, man. That’s what the forum’s here for. There’s nothing wrong with asking for advice, all “we” generally expect in return is you putting the work in in the real world, which you pretty much are.

Gotcha. Yep, purposely delaying the weight increases combined with not-ample-enough calories would be the reason. On the plus side, you’ve only been at it a couple of months and should be able to adjust sails pretty easily.

It’s definitely a habit, but take it a step at a time. Don’t get overwhelmed with super-details like meal timing, frequency, or macro breakdown. Three meals everyday of the week would be the number one unbreakable rule and the best foundation. If you’re doing GOMAD, a lot of guys unconsciously make the milk their primary calorie source, which is a bad call. Big breakfast, big lunch, and big dinner… and anything else is gravy (pun intended, teehee).

Fixed. :wink: