Advice for a First Time Cutter

Hey guys i have been working out for a few months now and have seen big improvements and got quite nice in size compared to how i was, but now its getting to that point where i feel i should be cutting… any advice for a first time cutter?

p.s. i was thinking about CT’s hypermetabolism any suggestions?

cheers guys
Titch

Umm if you havn’t seen the size gains you wanted, why would you be thinking about cutting? Give us some more info. Height weight and BF%.

If you have only been training for a matter of months chances are you do not need to think about cutting yet. If you are intent on cutting then The Cheaters Diet is great.

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
Umm if you havn’t seen the size gains you wanted, why would you be thinking about cutting? Give us some more info. Height weight and BF%.[/quote]

he never said he didn’t get gains, read it again. I don’t see how you could misread that…

although you have got the gains, i think i’d keep building some more before cutting. Maybe a couple more months, be entirely full and then start cutting.

why do you feel it’s time to cut?

Just a few months of training seems too early to consider cutting.

But anyway, stats? height/weight? diet?

sorry for late reply, i forgot all about this thread… erm well % bf i havent a clue… i have never understood how to measure it but i am very small build and about 60kg i would say i am 5ft 6’, i feel the need to cut as i have got bigger but alot of it doesnt show as i would like due to some fat lying around, i am not intent on it but am pretty keen to cut and look good for the rest of summer

i think thats all the information needed… sorry about the late reply guys

cheers
Titch

[quote]Magnate wrote:
why do you feel it’s time to cut?

Just a few months of training seems too early to consider cutting.

But anyway, stats? height/weight? diet?[/quote]

oh i forgot to mention my diet is quite good, it’s not AMAZING but i am pleased with it and constantly trying to improve it, my day is a meal every 2hours so the amount of meals depends on how long i am awake for

I have a hard time invisioning a 5’6" 132lb guy being fat…at all. Unless you post a picture and actually are at a suitable point to think of cutting I don’t think you’ll find too much support from people. That heigh and weight around here is still in scrawnyville.

What is cutting?

Make sure you cut vertically because cutting horizontally is just for attention-seekers and posers.

Ok… Well… I’m going to do a little threadjacking. I am 6’3" and 245 right now. I have gained almost 20 lbs. in the last 3 months and have seen my lifts go up considerably. I took everyone’s advice and decided to eat. It wasn’t until then that I started seeing results.

So now my question, I plan on going to Hawaii in a month. I have been busting my ass these last 3 months, but feel that I’m not lean enough. I know if I continue I’m going to see the same results. I figure I can get to about 255 by the time I leave. I’m trying to decide now if I should cut back on calories and try to get down to about 230 for Hawaii or continue on course and get as big as I can before I go. What do you guys think?

Hey Titch, Ok im with you on this subject because i am also 5’6 But i am almost 190 lb, (85.2Kg).
I continue to Build mass but at same time am accutally loosing my body fat at the same time which is Hard to do and the eating plan is crazy.

I am planning on hitting maybe 220 lb maybe before cutting, And that should ensure when i cut i dont loose too much of my size… Too much fat isn’t good coz u might end up looking too small…

Just keep Bulking and yea im aware summer is around the way, Just keep bulking until u feel Somewhat Massive not fat though… Feel big not Round,
Then when you know that you have gained a nice bit of muscle then try consider Cutting.

also about checking your body fat percentage, if your ever near a clinic or a pharmacy some of them have machines that measure your weight, height and crap and theres little hole that u place your thumbs into and with electrical impluses they measure your body fat.

Anyways TC man

msg if you want

Abdul. :slight_smile:

alright cheers guys, was only a thought… i’m not ‘fat’ but i deffinatly have some big clumps of fat certain parts of my body are lean and then others arent, i am in some peoples books ‘scrawny’ but coming from how i was to how i am now i don’t see myself as that… and others that know me don’t either anyways cheers

Titch

[quote]midgethearsexb wrote:

So now my question, I plan on going to Hawaii in a month. I have been busting my ass these last 3 months, but feel that I’m not lean enough. I know if I continue I’m going to see the same results. I figure I can get to about 255 by the time I leave. I’m trying to decide now if I should cut back on calories and try to get down to about 230 for Hawaii or continue on course and get as big as I can before I go. What do you guys think?[/quote]

It really just depends what your goals are. More than likely if you were to drop some fat your physique would look more impressive to the average joe (I am going by a picture in a previous thread). But do you really care what the average joe thinks? (I do, because I am horribly vain, lol)

If you do decide to lean down seriously look at the Velocity Diet. If you are disciplined enough to follow it you’ll lose all the fat you possibly could in four weeks and you will not suffer much muscle loss.